26th June 2011, 12:33 PM
dulkit verma

Does IIT provide degree of B.Tech in ISM Dhanbad and IT BHU Varanasi?

does iit give the degree of B Tech in ISM dhanbad & IT BHU Varanasi??? Is ISM Dhanbad attatched to iit or else it is an autonomous institute???

1st February 2012, 12:21 AM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Does IIT provide degree of B.Tech in ISM Dhanbad and IT BHU Varanasi?

hi..the banaras Hindu university and the ism dhanbad are autonomous body and they are no were related to the Indian institute of technologies ,
the only relation between these two institutes and the Indian institute of technologies are that these two also take there admission on the basis of the joint engineering entrance examination conducted by the Indian institute of technologies otherwise every thing is completely different from the iits .
the management of these institutes are different and there examination system is different and also the degree awarded by them is different ,'
the engineering branch of the banaras Hindu university is known as the institute of technology,bhu,and is no ware related to iits
in fact the banaras Hindu university is one of the oldest college in the country and almost many decades older than the Indian institute of technologies ,
even though the degree offered by these colleges are not same as the Indian institute of technologies but the companies treat them better and in terms of infrastructure and teahcing qualities these colleges are even better than many of the Indian institute of technologies ,
even many of the students leave many of the iits to join these colleges such is the level of education in these colleges
you can get all the information about these colleges from the following links
BANARAS HINDU UNIVERSITY:http://www.bhu.ac.in/
ISM DHANBAD :http://www.ismdhanbad.ac.in/
20th June 2013, 11:13 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Does IIT provide degree of B.Tech in ISM Dhanbad and IT BHU Varanasi?

I am getting 162 marks in jee advanced 2013. Even after a very good preparation for jee advanced, i committed too many silly mistakes in around 15 questions which would have surely fetched me a lot of marks very easily. The same thing happened in jee mains in which i scored only 242 marks. I never thought this could happen to me on the most crucial day of my life. Should i drop for a year for jee advanced 2014 ?? I really want to pursue btech course in CSE or electronics and comm. enggineering in old iits.........please help.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?