31st March 2019, 10:00 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility to apply for GATE for BTech Chemical 3rd year student?

Hello Sir/Madam, I am a 3rd year student of BTech, studying with Chemical Engineering. I want to apply for GATE. So, right now I am eligible to apply for GATE? Please help me to know about this as soon as possible. Thank you!

3rd April 2019, 10:04 PM
Warrior6782
Senior Member+

Default Re: Eligibility to apply for GATE for BTech Chemical 3rd year student?

Hi,

No, being a 3rd year B.Tech student you are not eligible to apply for GATE.
Only Final year students i.e 4th year students and Btech graduates are eligible to apply for GATE.

Thank you
3rd April 2019, 10:10 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility to apply for GATE-

The following candidates are eligible to appear in GATE: bachelor's degree holders in engineering / Technology or B.Sc. / diploma in Engineering / Technology.
Those who are in the final year of such programs are also eligible.
3rd April 2019, 10:53 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to appear in GATE being a 3rd year student because as per the minimum eligibility criteria candidate must have either done graduation or should be in last year of graduation course.
4th April 2019, 11:53 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

GATE is Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering. It is conducted for admission in M.Tech course or for the recruitment in PSU's

Entrance examination is conducted by IIT or IISc. The common eligibility to appear for the examination is that candidate must have passed or pursuing in 4th year of the B.Tech or B.E course.

So, you will become eligible to appear for the examination next year.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?