16th March 2011, 03:08 PM
gargi srivastava

Eligibility for Clerk's post for Indian Overseas Bank? How to prepare?

sir please tell me the eligiblity for clerk post in indian overseas bank ,and how can i prepare this examination
thnk you

16th March 2011, 05:13 PM
rks@estate
Senior Member+

Default Re: Eligibility for Clerk's post for Indian Overseas Bank? How to prepare?

Hiiiii,

Eligibility for Clerk's post for Indian Overseas Bank exam: -

1. Pass graduation in any subject or in any engineering stream or equivalent degree from a recognized Institute / University.

2. Nationality - Indian

3. Age - 21 Years to 30 Years for General candidates, 21 Years to 33 Years for OBC candidates and 21 Years to 35 Years for SC / ST candidates.

NOTE: - Final Year appearing candidates can also apply.

Syllabus for Clerk's post for Indian Overseas Bank are as follows: -

a. Current Affairs
b. Social Economics
c. Aptitude
d. General Knowledge
e. Reasoning Section
f. Mathematics (Quantitative Aptitude)
g. Banking Awarness
h. English Section

Good Luck
16th March 2011, 05:29 PM
arvind_singh
Banned

Default Re: Eligibility for Clerk's post for Indian Overseas Bank? How to prepare?

Indian Overseas Bank Recruitment 2011 Important Dates

Last date of online applications registration is March 25, 2011
Date of Written Exam is May 29, 2011

Indian Overseas Bank Recruitment 2011 details

Number of Vacancies: 1100 posts

Indian Overseas Bank Recruitment 2011 Application fees

Fees of Rs.250 (Gen/OBC) or Rs.50 (SC/ST) should be paid at any Indian Overseas Bank
branch before March 25, 2011.

For more details please visit the bank website:http://iob.in/careers.aspx

Indian Overseas Bank Recruitment 2011 eligibility criteria

Candidate must have secured 65% marks in 12th (HSC) OR 60% in Diploma in banking &
finance OR 50% in degree (any discipline), as on 1.1.2011. Working knowledge in
computers is required.

Fluency in English & ability to read/write/speak the language of state is essential.

Age of candidates: The candidate should be between 18 to 28yrs of age, as on 1.1.2011
16th March 2011, 06:49 PM
melwynjensen
Senior Member+++++

Thumbs up Re: Eligibility for Clerk's post for Indian Overseas Bank? How to prepare?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gargi srivastava View Post
sir please tell me the eligiblity for clerk post in indian overseas bank ,and how can i prepare this examination
thnk you
hello gargi...

=_=ELIGIBILITY FOR INDIAN OVERSEAS BANK CLERK EXAM=_=

-> Candidates must be a citizen of India.

-> Minimum age limit is 18 years.

-> Maximum age limit is 28 years as on 1 January 2011.

-> SC/ST candidates will have a relaxation of 5 years in upper age limit i.e. till 33 years.

-> OBC candidates will have a relaxation of 3 years in upper age limit i.e. till 31 years.

-> Should have passed in HSC of 10+2+3 pattern with atleast 65% marks.

-> Candidates possessing Diploma in Banking with atleast 60% marks in aggregate are also eligible.

-> Graduate candidates are all desirable for the post if interested.

-> Candidates must have proper basic computer knowledge for specific post if needed.

=_=PREPARING FOR BANK CLERK EXAM=_=

To know prepared well for any Bank Clerk exam, you have to follow three important steps...

[B]1) PRACTICE :[/B] This is one of the important thing which you have to do when preparing for any clerk exam, unless you practice daily you wont be able to solve all the questions in the clerk exam.. So find a proper time daily and set it only for prepartion without any distraction..

2) REFER GOOD BOOKS :There are various books available in the market which guides preparing Bank Clerk exam which contains all the needed information... I have given a link below which shows some of the good books for preparing Bank Clerk exam just try to get those books and work out daily....

http://www.squidoo.com/bankexambooks

I have also attached a text file which consists of some recommended books for bank clerk exam.. kindly check it over...

3) REFER PREVIOUS YEAR PAPERS :
Refer previous year clerical exam papers to learn the pattern of the exam and to prepare questions accordingly.. Previous year papers will help you to sort out the pattern of the exam which helps in saving your time for preparation to concentrate only on the questions of the particular pattern..

I have attached some of the model common question pattern paper of bank clerk exam in this post.. kindly check it over.. hope it helps for your preparation...

All the Best...
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 5295_Bank_Clerk_Sample_2010.pdf(616.5 KB, 227 views)
File Type: pdf clerical_exam.pdf(1.21 MB, 224 views)
File Type: txt books for clerk exam.txt(972 Bytes, 148 views)
16th March 2011, 07:16 PM
agarwalnikita

Candidates interested in applying for IOB clerk recruitment 2011,

* Should be between 18 – 28yrs of age, as on 1.1.2011

* Must have secured 65% marks in 12th (HSC) OR 60% in Diploma in banking & finance OR 50% in degree (any discipline), as on 1.1.2011

* Fluency in english & ability to read/write/speak the language of state is essential.

* Working knowledge in computers is required or should posses within 6 months.

For preparation you can buy the below books and start preparing for the exam.

*Clerk exam practice book (with solved papers)
* Clerk Exam Guide
16th March 2011, 07:37 PM
jasbir lal

Smile Re: Eligibility for Clerk's post for Indian Overseas Bank? How to prepare?

eligibility is only 10+2,
For preparation-
purchase books for-Reasening, Quantitative aptitude,general knowledge and
general english and start reading and practice.
16th March 2011, 09:35 PM
vikas9862638964

Thumbs up Re: Eligibility for Clerk's post for Indian Overseas Bank? How to prepare?

eligibilty for clerk post in indian overseas bank--

any graduate or diploma holder can apply for the post of clerk at Indian INDIAN OVERSEAS BANK .
overseas bank popularly known as IOB.
A general candidate needs to have 65% marks while 60% marks for for SC/ST/PC/Ex-Servicemen in intermediate / 10 + 2.
or
A candidate who has done Diploma need to have 60% marks while SC/ST/PC/Ex-Servicemen candidates need to have 55% in same category.
or
A graduation degree with 50% marks and 45% marks for SC/ST/PC/Ex-Servicemen candidates.

for preparation of bank exam you have studied more reasioning and mathematics type problem for this read R.S.Agarwal and also read daily newspaper for gk question.
16th March 2011, 10:07 PM
omprakash sharma

Hi,
Eligibility criteria for clerk PO post at Indian overseas bank (IOB)

Any graduate or diploma holder can apply for the post of clerk at Indian INDIAN OVERSEAS BANK Recruitment Jobs 2011 – 2012
overseas bank popularly known as IOB.
A general candidate needs to have 65% marks while 60% marks for for SC/ST/PC/Ex-Servicemen in intermediate / 10 + 2.
or
A candidate who has done Diploma need to have 60% marks while SC/ST/PC/Ex-Servicemen candidates need to have 55% in same category.
or
A graduation degree with 50% marks and 45% marks for SC/ST/PC/Ex-Servicemen candidates.
8th May 2011, 10:29 AM
aviatroz

sir i have got 80% marks in 12th and now pursuing my graduation............am i eligible for the exam......or is it for only graduates
8th June 2011, 12:54 PM
Unregistered

sir please tel me the date of result for clerk exam IOB bank held on 29th may 2011

am waiting for my results so plz tel me the atleast approximete date sir
6th July 2011, 02:19 PM
Unregistered

dear sir,
when can i get result for the IOB clerical exams
14th July 2011, 08:28 PM
Unregistered

SIR RESULT KAB AA REHA HAI DAS DOOOOOOOOOOO
4th August 2011, 03:11 PM
Unregistered

sir when the resuly wil came
15th August 2011, 09:14 AM
Unregistered

dear sir, plz tel me the date of result for clerk exam of IOB bank held on 29-05-20111
17th August 2011, 10:47 AM
Unregistered

dear sir, plz tel me the date of result for clerk exam of IOB bank held on 29-05-20111
regards

RANJITH
ROLL NO.5705002674
18th August 2011, 11:46 PM
infoysis
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by gargi srivastava View Post
thnk you

Don't worry i provide the details of clerk exam . i explain the following information in detailed manner .

* Eligibility criteria

* Age limit

* Syllabus

Eligibility for the bank clerk examination :

You should be finished your graduation any stream with good percentage of mark from recognized university . every banks are give first preference to commerce candidates .

Age limit of clerk examination :

your age should be 18 to 28years and if your belonging from the following category then the relaxation period is given to you .

sc/st candidate for 5 years

obc and other backward candidate for 3 years

handicapped and ex-service man for 10 years

Syllabus for the Clerk Exam :

Test of reasoning

Test of english language

Test of numerical ability

Test of general awareness

Test of computer knowledge

Salary for the clerk post :

Salary for the clerk post is approximately 7,000 to 10,000 . with according to the service and talent it can increased . esi and pf and other allowance are given to staffs .

Additional qualification :

If you want to get job in baking sector you must develop the following activities { ie } : English fluency , Compute knowledge , Communication Skill official language are most important for baking jobs .
2nd September 2011, 08:40 PM
Unregistered

what should be the age for recent bank clerk exm
6th September 2011, 12:30 PM
Unregistered

hello sir, my name is muthulakshmi in trichy. i have attend written test. my email ID is changed. my email ID : [email protected] or [email protected]. pls send me my results. i wait this message. pleasssssssssssssssssssssss.
17th September 2011, 02:56 PM
Unregistered

regards

Muthuganesan.B
Roll No;- 6505008724
18th September 2011, 02:17 AM
praveendia

for iob clerk ur first graduate first. and age max 27 for general.preparation it on u first take out the syllabus of it make out the strong and weak point and give extra time on weaker section.best of luck
4th October 2011, 01:11 PM
Unregistered

is it neccessary to write exams to join in banking sector
31st October 2011, 09:33 PM
dimple.simple
Senior Member++

Candidates interested in applying for IOB clerk recruitment 2011,

* Should be between 18 – 28yrs of age, as on 1.1.2011

* Must have secured 65% marks in 12th (HSC) OR 60% in Diploma in banking & finance OR 50% in degree (any discipline), as on 1.1.2011

* Fluency in english & ability to read/write/speak the language of state is essential.

* Working knowledge in computers is required or should posses within 6 months.

For preparation you can buy the below books and start preparing for the exam.

*Clerk exam practice book (with solved papers)
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?