22nd November 2011, 07:38 AM
Unregistered

Eligibility criteria for B.Tech after completion of Diploma?

After complete diploma which eligiblity for b tech
i wanna join b.tech

Related Questions:
  1. What is the minimum eligibility criteria required to do graduation after completion of diploma? -- [New]
  2. What is the eligibility criteria followed for applying engineering after completion of diploma course?
  3. Am I eligible to appear for DRDO diploma post after completion of diploma course?
  4. Criteria for CDAC entrance exam after completion of B.Tech
  5. Procedure and criteria of B.Tech entrance exam for 3 years Diploma in Computer Science? Is there lateral entry exam for polytechnic student?
  6. Am I eligible to do Ph.D course after completion of PG diploma course?
  7. What is the eligibility criteria asked for doing M.Com after completion of B.Com?
  8. What is the procedure for appearing in IIT after completion of diploma in ETC?
  9. Am I eligible to join merchant navy after completion of diploma course?
  10. Is it possible for me to get admission in NIT after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering?
  11. Is it possible for me to join Indian Army after completion of diploma course?
  12. Is it possible for me to change my stream in B.Tech after completion of diploma course? or I need to take the same stream as in diploma?
  13. What is the minimum eligibility criteria for doing Architecture bachelor degree after completion of Diploma in Civil Engineering?
  14. Is it possible for me to join B.E ECE course after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering?
  15. Is there any course available to do after completion of diploma in computer science?
  16. Can I get admission for T.Y.BCom after completion of three year engineering diploma course?
  17. Am I eligible to join Indian Army after completion of diploma course?
  18. How to do B.Tech after completion of diploma in Mechanical Engineering? -- [Most Discussed]
26th November 2011, 10:06 PM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Eligibility criteria for B.Tech after completion of Diploma?

Hi.

B.Tech is a Bachelors degree in Technology and the minimum requirement for it is that the applicant must be a 12th pass from a recognized board with a minimum 60% aggregate in it.

Now to get admission in B.Tech in India is one of the most herculean jobs ! The competition is so high, that most aspirants have to face problems.

I am telling you the procedure. Firstly you have to apply for the entrance examinations like :

1. IIT
2. AIEEE
3. BITSAT
4. DCE
5. SRMEE
6. VITEEE
7. COMET K
8. WB JEE
9. UPTU
10. IP University

and many more...

Once you clear any of these and get a rank in merit, then you would be called for counselling. You have to choose a stream in that and then you can go ahead with your admission in that college for that respective chosen stream.

So not much of a problem in the eligibility criteria, you should focus on the competitive entrance examinations.

All the best

Regards
#RJ#
7th December 2011, 10:18 AM
rk6030

It's also called lateral entry.

B.Tech degree course after Diploma

Admission will be given through the Common Counseling conducted by the Directorate of Technical Education (for that particular state).
Eligibility for Lateral entry is:

A candidate must have passed the three year diploma in Engg. Of State Board of tech.

Education in the relevant branch or its equivalent with a minimum of 50 % in aggregate. OR
A candidate must have passed the degree in Sc. (B.Sc.) with Physics, Chemistry�and Mathematics as the subject and passed with a minimum of 50 % marks in aggregate. The affiliating University may sometime prescribe compensatory courses to make up deficiencies for the diploma holders, who are admitted through lateral entry.

The affiliating university may exempt B.Sc. Degree holders from Science courses and other relevant courses at the second year level and prescribe compensatory courses to makeup deficiencies. Revert for any further assistance. Good Luck.

If you have finished your diploma you can join engineering college as lateral entry. The notification comes in the newspaper. The minimum eligibility for lateral entry is A pass with minimum eligibility marks in the Diploma Course of the State Board in the state in which you live or Equivalent Diploma Courses prescribed for the Degree Courses.

Good Luck!
12th February 2012, 07:58 PM
Shivam.Tiwari

General Eligibility
Criteria for Indian
students for B.Tech
Course
The general criteria’s to
be satisfied include
The candidate should
be a Citizen of the
country
The candidate should
be at least 18 years
old or above.
The maximum age
should not exceed 23
years on the date of
the exam
For the state level
exams it is a must that
the candidate applying
should be domicile of
the state i.e. they
should have been
residents of the state
for at least 12 years.
Some seats are
reserved for these
candidates. Also they
should not have any
criminal background.
13th February 2012, 10:13 AM
bunty00

HY,
for b.tech the applicant must be a 12th pass from a recognized board with a minimum 60% aggregate in it and then can appear for numerous competition like
IIT
AIEEE
ISRO
MIT
COMEDK
SRM
15th February 2012, 08:30 AM
pritam02

After completion of your diploma engineering or in the final year you can sit for the state Lateral Entrance Examination.Then according to your rank you can take admission in B.Tech colleges.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?