20th July 2015, 01:25 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to join merchant navy after completion of diploma course?

Am I eligible to join merchant navy after completion of diploma course? What is the procedure which I need to follow for the same? Can someone please provide me the information on this as soon as possible to me? Awaiting for the reply!

Thank you!

Related Questions:
  1. How to join Merchant navy after completion of Diploma in Electrical Engineering?
  2. How may I join merchant navy after completion of B.Com degree? What sort of physical fitness is required for the same?
  3. Can I join merchant navy after completion of 12th in Arts stream?
  4. Is it possible to join MErchant Navy after completion of Diploma without 12th?
  5. Am I eligible for Merchant Navy course after the completion of BE in CSE?
  6. How can I join merchant navy after passing 10th? I want to join in Merchant Navy
  7. Am I eligible to join Merchant Navy after completion of B.Tech in ECE without giving Entrance Exam? Will there be any scholarship offered for the candidates for SC category? List of Government Colleges to join Merchant Navy?
  8. Am I eligible to apply for Navy after completing 3 years diploma course?
  9. How to join Merchant Navy after doing diploma in ECE?
  10. Can I join Merchant Navy after passing 12th? What is the requirement?
  11. How to join Merchant Navy after completing diploma course?
  12. Can I join Merchant Navy after completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  13. Can I join Merchant Navy after completion of 10th class? How much salary I can expect after completion of this course?
  14. Best Institutes for Merchant Navy? Is it possible to join Merchant Navy with 55% in 12th?
  15. Can I join merchant navy after completing diploma in electronics & telecommunication engineering?
  16. Eligibility to join Merchant Navy for Diploma in Electrical Engineering 1st year student?
  17. Merchant Navy or Indian Navy after B.Sc.? Admission procedure and Institutes?
  18. Government colleges for Merchant Navy? How to join them? -- [Most Discussed]
20th July 2015, 07:06 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to join merchant navy after completion of diploma course?

Yes surely you are eligible for merchant navy with diploma in engineering qualification. All you have to do is apply for merchant navy jobs and they will select you on the basis of a screening test.

You have to clear written exam, medical exam and physical efficiency test to get the job. You have to undergo pre sea training also before selection. You must have good eyesight plus no color blindness.
21st July 2015, 01:22 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to join merchant navy after completion of diploma course?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Am I eligible to join merchant navy after completion of diploma course? What is the procedure which I need to follow for the same? Can someone please provide me the information on this as soon as possible to me? Awaiting for the reply!

Thank you!
No, you are not eligible for Merchant Navy after completion of diploma course.

Eligibility criteria for Merchant Navy exam-

Those candidates who have passed your 12th or an equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics from central/state board or recognized school are eligible for Merchant navy exam.

Your age should be below 20 years.

Physical criteria:-

• Eye Sight = 6/6
• Height = 167 cms
• Weight = 50 Kg
• Chest = 77 cm (Normal) / 82 cm (Expanding)
22nd July 2015, 12:28 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

Thank you!
Yes, you can join merchant navy after completion of diploma course. One has to study the Marine Engineering or B.Sc nautical science or a direct entry to the merchant navy is possible for the students who have completed their 12th with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics can join. The aspirant has to be fit physically and they have to appear for medical fitness test for sea travelling. There are lots of vacancies in this field. This is one of the best courses who finished their 12th standard. The person must be love travelling in sea long distances. The job includes working in passenger ships, cargo ships, container ships, tanker ships etc. one has to travel to many places. One should not have home sick, because one has to travel in ships for months continuously. So the aspirant has to be prepared for this before pursuing their career in Merchant navy. There are lot of courses are taken by many institutions
5th May 2017, 02:34 PM
Unregistered

Hello sir i have an problem in my ear problem.in my ears had so small holes.my ear holes have filled. But i have an fear that this problem will detect in medical test of merchant navy. Please give me any suggestions in my ph.9548267631
30th May 2018, 05:22 PM
Unregistered

How to join merchant navy after the completed diploma in mechanical engineer so what to do I am?
thank you
20th June 2020, 11:29 AM
Unregistered

Respected sir/mam I'm satnam Singh student of DHMCT in F&b service from iimt University meerut and I'm interested to join indian navy and served my nation can I join it
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?