26th February 2019, 08:55 PM
Rajeshri gode

Eligibility criteria and entrance details for M.Sc Forensic Science?

I have completed my B.Sc in Medical Laboratory Technician (MLT) from YCMOU University. So, am I eligible to apply for M.Sc in Forensic Science? Is there any entrance which I need to write for M.Sc Forensic Science? Is there any state or central level entrance for M.Sc Forensic Science?

28th February 2019, 09:35 PM
Umapattapu
Junior Member+

Default Re: Eligibility criteria and entrance details for M.Sc Forensic Science?

*Minimum eligibility criteria for M.Sc. in Forensic Science course may vary across institutes. Primarily, the criteria include: Bachelor's degree in science/ engineering / pharmacy/ medicine, obtained from a recognized university. A minimum aggregate score of 60% at the level of graduation.Jan 11, 2019
Eligibility: Bachelor’s degree in science or equ...
Course Fee: INR 20,000 to 2 lacs
Course Level: Post Graduate
Admission Process: Counselling after qualifications
**Eligibility for B.Sc. in Forensic Sciences. The basic criterion of eligibility needed to be met for admission to the course is a Higher Secondary (10+2) or equivalent qualification from a recognized educational Board, with Physics, Chemistry and Biology and/ or Math as main subjects and a minimum aggregate score of 55%
7th March 2019, 02:09 PM
Prince881993

Default Re: Eligibility criteria and entrance details for M.Sc Forensic Science?

Dear Aspirant,

As you requested please find the details for M.Sc Forensic Science

DURATION
The academic program is 2 years long. Each academic year is divided into two semesters. Thus, the entire program consists of four semesters.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
Candidates holding Bachelor’s Degree in relevant disciplines such as – Engineering, Pharmacy, Criminology, Forensic Science and Science are eligible to pursue this course.
Minimum aggregate marks required is 45-55% marks. It may vary from one College to another.

CAREER PROSPECTS
Some of the prime recruiters are –

Police Department
Government Forensic Laboratories
Income Tax Department
Commercial Tax Department
Crime Branch
Intelligence Bureau
CBI
Armed Forces
Government Hospitals
Government Banks and Finance Institutes

In the above mentioned places, one may don roles such as –

Forensic Expert
Forensic Scientist
Investigative Officer
Forensic Accountant
Laboratory In-Charge
Laboratory Assistant
Law Expert
Cyber Forensic Expert

Good Luck!
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?