8th January 2012, 02:58 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility criteria to get into Indian Navy? What is the entry procedure?

Respected sir, I am in my final semester of mechanical engineering. I want to know the eligibility criteria to get into Indian Navy. Entry proceedure. Entry exam. Please give me some guidelines on my mail([email protected])

Related Questions:
  1. Indian Navy after Mechanical engineering? Procedure to apply and eligibility?
  2. Eligibility criteria to get in India Navy as officer's post after diploma in Mechanical Engineering? What is the entry procedure?
  3. Eligibility criteria to join the Indian Navy? Procedure and branches in which girls can apply?
  4. What is the eligibility criteria asked for Navy? Am I eligible to apply if I have completed diploma in electronics and telecom?
  5. Eligibility Criteria and Procedure to apply for the exam of Merchant Navy and Indian Airforce?
  6. Procedure to join Indian Army? Criteria for selection? Qualifications required for admission?
  7. Jobs in Indian Navy for EEE graduates? Eligibility criteria and procedure to apply for officer grade jobs in Indian Navy?
  8. Merchant Navy or Indian Navy after B.Sc.? Admission procedure and Institutes? -- [Most Discussed]
  9. What is the procedure to join Indian navy after completion of diploma in Civil engineering?
  10. Can i join Indian Navy directly after completing apprentice? -- [New]
  11. What is the eligibility criteria to join Indian Navy? I am a 11th science student
  12. Procedure to get placed in Indian Navy?
  13. Can I join Indian Navy being a female B.Com candidate? When the Women Entry will be started?
  14. Am I eligible to get PCM in MP board school after completion of CBSE school with 6.6 CGPA?
  15. Procedure to apply for Indian Navy having secured 48% in 12th?
  16. Eligibility criteria of PC(SL) Entry of Indian Army for a Soldier who completed 15 years of service? How to apply for it?
  17. Exam for women to join Indian Navy? Criteria and selection pattern?
  18. What is the scope of B.Sc graduate to get a job in Merchant or Indian Navy?
8th January 2012, 08:43 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility criteria to get into Indian Navy? What is the entry procedure?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected sir, I am in my final semester of mechanical engineering. I want to know the eligibility criteria to get into Indian Navy. Entry proceedure. Entry exam. Please give me some guidelines on my mail([email protected])
Yes, You are applicable for Indian Navy exam through AFCAT exam.Details of this exam is given below..

Details of the AFCAT exam:-

1.Flying branch :-

Candidate must have complete the graduation in any trade, but must have maths and physics in 12th..

Candidates age should be in between 19-23 years.

2.Technical branch:-

Candidate must have complete the graduation in engineering field.

Age should be in between 18-28 years.

3.Ground duty branch:-

Candidate must have complete the graduation in any trade.

Age should be in between 20-27 years.

AFCAT selection Procedure

PHYSICAL ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR AFCAT EXAM

Attached Files
File Type: pdf AFCAT NOTIFICATION.PDF(456.1 KB, 208 views)
File Type: pdf AFCAT FOR MEN.PDF(18.2 KB, 177 views)
File Type: pdf AFCAT FORM FOR WOMEN.PDF(18.1 KB, 152 views)
21st March 2012, 12:36 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Eligibility criteria to get into Indian Navy? What is the entry procedure?

Sir,i have got 61.6% in intermediate but i have got grace in chemistry.will i be able for defence or any government job.
3rd April 2012, 01:01 AM
Unregistered

sir,i have got 60% in btech with ece branch,49% in 2 and 55% in 10th and my age is 21 and my height is 4'5''.am i eligible to get into Indian Navy.plz replay me soon.
14th April 2012, 11:35 AM
Unregistered

Hello sir,i have acquired 78% in icse 10th and 80.2% in cbse 12th further its my third year btech in mechanical branch and m having an average of 75% in my semester till now.My height is 5'10'' and age 20.So can i go for the navy
13th December 2012, 08:18 PM
Unregistered

How to join btech course after 12 in Indian navy
4th April 2013, 09:59 PM
Unregistered

age limit for navy entrance
5th April 2013, 09:24 AM
sanj69
Senior Member+

As you are pursing final year B.Tech. in Mechanical Engineering, you can join Indian Navy through cracking CDS.

CDS - Combined Defence Service, the entrance exam for which is conducted by UPSC twice every year as CDS-I and CDS-II to join Indian Military Academy, Naval Academy, Air Force Academy and Officer's Training Academy.

The eligible candidate wishing to join Indian Navy of CDS, must be an unmarried Indian Male candidate only having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam/B.Tech. Degree exam or pass with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as subject of studies from a recognised University within the age of 19 to 22 years with good Physical and Mental Fitness.

The CDS can be applied through on line by paying requisite fee for the exam.

The selection is through written exam, personal interview, physical fitness test and finally through Medical Test.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
5th April 2013, 12:40 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Indian Navy can be joined basically in two ways, one after completion of 12th from Science stream through NDA and another after Graduation from science stream through CDS.

NDA - National Defence Academy, the exam for which is conducted by UPSC twice every year for an entry in to Indian Army, Navy and Air Force.

The eligible candidate aspiring for Indian Navy, must be an Indian unmarried Male having either appear for the final 12th exam or pass with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics from a recognised Board within the age of 16.5 to 19 years with good Physical and Mental health.

CDS - Combined Defence Service, the exam for which is conducted by UPSC twice every year for an entry in to Indian Military Academy, naval Academy, Air Force Academy and Officer's Training Academy.

The eligible candidate aspiring for Indian Navy(INA) of CDS, must be an unmarried Indian Male having either appear for th final Graduation Degree exam or pass with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics from a recognised University within the age of 19 to 22 years with good Physical and Mental physique.

The selection is through written exam followed by Personal Interview along with Physical Fitness and Medical Test.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
15th April 2013, 04:16 PM
Unregistered

could i join navy with only Bi.p.c?
12th August 2013, 11:09 AM
Unregistered

hello sir,i am doing degree in pharmacy,do i have chance to get a entry in NAVY?if there then please tell about the entry exm and branches in which i would be eligible for??please post the details of it on my email id [email protected] i am waiting for your reply sir....
1st January 2016, 02:42 PM
Unregistered

sir,I am BE final year student.I got 80% in 10th and 49%in 12th. and my age is 22yrs...so, am i eligible to join INDIAN NAVY OR INDIAN AIR FORCE.
18th May 2016, 05:11 PM
Unregistered

Sir, i am a M.S (physics as major), age is 24. What are my chances to get in indian navy?
21st January 2017, 09:32 PM
Unregistered

hello sir,I have secured 90.5% marks in my sslc from meghalaya board and 20 th rank in the state and 67% in the hsslc (science ) ..and am now doing diploma in electrical engineering ..I am 19 years old ..so can I join Indian Navy
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?