13th November 2011, 10:57 AM
Unregistered

Eligibility criteria for IPS? How to prepare for this Exam?

what will elegibility critearea for IPS? How to prepare for Exam?

13th November 2011, 02:44 PM
kaivalya.panyam

Default Re: Eligibility criteria for IPS? How to prepare for this Exam?

Hi,
Graduation is required for an IPS exam.. Any graduate is eligible to apply...
16th November 2011, 08:31 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
DETAILS ABOUT IPS EXAM

IPS exam is conducted by UPSC. There are some criteria you have to follow for appearing in IPS exam.

Those candidate have completed graduation in any discipline from recognized university are eligible for IPS exam.

But your age should be in between 21-30years for general candidate.
In IPS exam their is provide age relaxation for OBC candidate is 3years and for SC/ST candidate is 5 years.

The maximum attempts for Sc/ST candidate is Unlimited. For OBC candidate it is 7 years and for general candidate it will be 5 years.

Also you must be citizen of India.

PROCESS BECOME A IPS OFFICER:-

1. Fill up the Application form.
2.Preliminary exam is consist of two papers.
a) General studies -----150 marks
b)From Optional subject -------300 marks
3.If you have qualify in Preliminary exam then you have to go for IPS mains exam
4.After completion of your main exam you have to go for Interview.

EXAM DATE:-

Notification Date - 04/02/2012
Last date of application - 05/03/2012
Preliminary examination - 20/05/2012.
4th December 2011, 06:05 PM
Unregistered

b.tech (computer science) student apply in ips exam
5th December 2011, 12:10 AM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
hi,
If you want to become I.P.S officer then you have to pass the graduation in any stream you want from the recognized university.

I.P.S exam is conducted by U.P.S.C once in a year.

Eligibility criteria:-
>pass the graduation from recognized university.
> Age limit:-
For open category:-21-30year
For OBC category :- 21-33year
For ST/SC category:-21-37 year
> Number of attempts:-
For open category:- 4
For ST/SC category:-7
> Must be citizen of India.

good luck!
8th December 2011, 08:49 PM
Unregistered

hiii,
I just want to know that how are the papers are they tough or easy and also that what is
that optional subject i didnt understood thatt....
27th December 2011, 09:16 AM
Unregistered

what is the minimum percentage for applying for ips?
28th December 2011, 07:59 AM
jjoshua1995
Member+

Smile Re: Eligibility criteria for IPS? How to prepare for this Exam?

Quote:
WHAT IS UPSC EXAM?

UPSC EXAM STANDS FOR UNION PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISION.THIS EXAM IS CONDUCTED BY THE UNION PUBLIC SERVICE TO SELECT THE IAS AND IPS OFICERS THROUGHT THE COUNTRY.IT IS A GREAT CIVIL POST IN INDIAN ADMINISTRATION DEPARTMENT.THIS TEST IS CONDUCTED TO SELECT THE AIS AND IPS OFFICERS.IAS STANDS FOR INDIAN ADMINISTEATIVE SERVICE AND IPS STANDS FOR INDIAN POLICE SERVICE.

ELIGIBILITY FOR THE UPSC EXAM

THE CANDIDATE MUST ATLEAST COMPLETE ANY DEGREE AND MUST HAVE GOT A CERTIFICATE FROM ANY ONE OF THE INDIAN UNIVERSITY OF THAT DEGREE.THE AGE LIMIT IS FROM 21 YEARS TO 30 YEARS OF AGE.THE AGE LIMIT IS EXTENDED TO 3 YEARS FOR OTHER BACKWARD COMMUNITIES AND EXTENDED TO 5 YEARS FOR SC AND ST CANDIDATES.THE CANDIDATE MUST BE AN INDIAN CITIZEN.

PROCESS FOR THE EXAM
>>THE FIRST STEP IS TO GET THE FORM IN ANY ONE OF THE POST OFFICES AND FILL IT AND SEND IT TO THE FOLLOWING ADDRESS
THE SECRETARY,
UNION PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISION,
DHOLPUR HOUSE,
NEW DELHI-110011
>>THE SECOND STEP IS WRITING THE PRELIMNARY EXAMINATION.THE PRELIMNARY EXAM CONSISTS OF TWO SECTION THE GENERAL STUDIES AND THE OPTIONA LSUBJECTS.THE GENERAL STUDIES IS OF 150 MARKS AND THE OPTIONAL SUBJECT IS OF 300 MARKS.THE OPTIONAL SUBJECT REFERS TO THE DEGREE COURSE IT REFERS TO.
>>>THOSE WHO ARE PASSED IN THE PRELIMNARY EXAMS ARE SENT TO THE FINAL EXAM.THE FINAL EXAM CONSISITS OF ESSAY TYPE ENGLISH QUALIFYING LANGUAGE PAPER OF 300 MARKS AND ENGLISH QUALIFYING MARKS OF 300 MARKS AND GENERAL ESSAY TYPE PAPER OF 200 MARKS .THE GENERAL STUDIES PAPER FOR 300 MARKS AND THE 4 OPTIONAL SUBJECTS FOR 300 MARKS.

>>ONCE YOU HAVE PASSED IN THIS EXAMINATION THEN THE DIRECT INTERVIEW BY THE OFICALS.THE OFFICALS TAKE TEST TO CHECK THE CANDIDATES MENTAL ABILITY.IF YOU HAVE SCORED A RANK OF ABOVE 450 RANKS THEN YOU ARE QUALIFIED FOR IAS OFFICER AND FROM 400 TO 450 THEN YOU ARE SENT TO SARDAR VALLABHAI PATEL POLICE ACDEMY TO BECOME AN IPS OFFICER.

SYLLABUS FOR UPSC EXAM

THE SYLLABUS FOR UPSC EXAM IS THAT YOU MUST HAVE A GOOD GENERAL KNOWLEDGE.THEN YOU MUST HAVE A GOOD KNOWLEDGE ABOUT YOUR DEGREE COURSE AND YOU MUST HAVE A GOOD KNOWLEDGE OF ENGLISH LANGUAGE.FOR MORE INFORMATION GO TOhttp://upsc.gov.in/exams/exams.htm

Quote:
"TRY TRY TILL YOU SUCCEED"
31st December 2011, 04:10 PM
Unregistered

what is height limit and vision limit to be an ips officer??
18th February 2012, 10:25 PM
Unregistered

my heigt is 4 fut and 11 inch .i just 1 inch lesser to complet 5 fut .con i eligeble for IPS
19th April 2012, 05:46 PM
abhishek.das.781990@gmail

Only GRADUATION in any stream is the main educational criteria for IPS & there is no limitation of marks in 12th study.Just open the link "http://indijobs.hubpages.com/hub/Elgibility-Criteria-for-IPS-Physical-and-Educational" to get the detail eligibility criteria for IPS

For preparing for the IPS examination the books given below will be of great use to the candidates:
"You too can become an I.P.S. Officer"
This book was published during 2008 by the I.P.S. Officer C. Sylendra Babu. In this book, he has given the tips for candidates regarding the right approach to prepare for the I.P.S. Examination. The online price of this book is Rs.70 and the candidates can purchase this book online from the following link: http://www.surabooks.com/ProductDisplay.asp?RefID=81.
In the case of general studies papers the candidates must keep themselves updated regarding the current affairs in all the fields. For general knowledge the candidates can refer to the book called ‘general knowledge refresher written by O.P. Khanna. For this paper, the candidates can also refer to the NCERT books of class 11 and 12 and the candidates can download these books free of cost from the following link: http://www.civilserviceindia.com/subject/General-Studies/free-books/index.html.
For general studies paper, the candidates can also go through the competition success review magazine, where there will be previous year papers as well. This will be useful for the candidates to get through the IPS examination.
19th April 2012, 05:47 PM
abhishek.das.781990@gmail

Only GRADUATION in any stream is the main educational criteria for IPS & there is no limitation of marks in 12th study.Just open the link "http://indijobs.hubpages.com/hub/Elgibility-Criteria-for-IPS-Physical-and-Educational" to get the detail eligibility criteria for IPS

For preparing for the IPS examination the books given below will be of great use to the candidates:
"You too can become an I.P.S. Officer"
This book was published during 2008 by the I.P.S. Officer C. Sylendra Babu. In this book, he has given the tips for candidates regarding the right approach to prepare for the I.P.S. Examination. The online price of this book is Rs.70 and the candidates can purchase this book online from the following link: http://www.surabooks.com/ProductDisplay.asp?RefID=81.
In the case of general studies papers the candidates must keep themselves updated regarding the current affairs in all the fields. For general knowledge the candidates can refer to the book called ‘general knowledge refresher written by O.P. Khanna. For this paper, the candidates can also refer to the NCERT books of class 11 and 12 and the candidates can download these books free of cost from the following link: http://www.civilserviceindia.com/subject/General-Studies/free-books/index.html.
For general studies paper, the candidates can also go through the competition success review magazine, where there will be previous year papers as well. This will be useful for the candidates to get through the IPS examination.
26th April 2012, 06:37 PM
Unregistered

I have a blacken toe nail. Am i physically eligible for IPS?
8th May 2012, 09:28 PM
Unregistered

am passed (Bsc comp scs) ,can i atttempt ips in history or other branch
21st June 2012, 07:57 PM
Unregistered

Can I Attained the IPS Exam in June month?
28th June 2012, 07:34 PM
Unregistered

about physical exams how can taken
23rd July 2014, 09:40 PM
Unregistered

I born in win i have win northeast india as sir dr APJ Abdul kalam inspired us so iam matute n married prrson please guide me your honour so that i can serve our country in honestly n with
fukl courage n effeciency thanking you you most humbly
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?