14th October 2011, 12:30 AM
Saheli Basu Riya

Eligibility criteria for SET Exam? Date of upcoming SET Exam?

What are the eligibility criteria for SET examination and what is the next date of SET examination?

20th October 2011, 06:31 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility criteria for SET Exam? Date of upcoming SET Exam?

The minimum eligibility criteria for attending he SET exam is a post graduation degree. The post graduation can be in any discipline. You need to score at least 55% of marks in PG level. The final year PG students can also apply. If you qualify in the written exam you can apply for the lecture posts in government colleges or universities. The date of upcoming SET exam is available in the official website of UGC.
18th January 2012, 05:25 PM
Unregistered

sir i have complited my mca & want to do set exam so what is the next exam date of it....
18th January 2012, 06:35 PM
adithyaparavastu

hi,

set exam eligibility details is shown in the below link u can see by just click on the link.

http://setexam.unipune.ac.in/Eligibility.html
18th January 2012, 08:30 PM
zilku

Eligibility Criteria

a)The candidates must have Master's Degree from an institution recognized by U.G.C.

b)The candidates other than SC/ST category who have secured atleast 55% marks (without grace) in Master's Degree or equivalent examination, are eligible for this test. SC/ST/PH/VH (PH-Physically Handicapped. VH-Visually Handicapped i.e. Blind) category candidates who have secured atleast 50% marks(without grace) in Master's Degree or equivalent examination are eligible for this test.

c)Those candidates who have secured even 54.99% marks or below (even 49.99% Marks or below for SC/ST/PH/VH candidates) in Master's Degree examination are NOT eligible for this test.

d)Candidates who have appeared OR will be appearing at the qualifying master's degree examination and whose result is still awaited OR candidates whose examinations have been delayed may also apply for this Test. However, such candidates will be admitted provisionally and shall be considered eligible to apply for Lectureship only after they have passed their Master's Degree examination or equivalent examination with atleast 55% marks (50% in case of SC/ST/PH/VH category candidates) These candidates must submit their P.G. Marksheet within two years from the date of declaration of result of the SET examination.

e)Those candidates who are studying in the first year of two years course or in first two semesters of a four semesters course of Master's Degree cannot appear for this test.

f)M.C.M. students are not allowed to appear for SET Examination.

g)Candidates who have completed Ph.D. and had passed Master's Degree prior to 19th September, 1991 with at least 50% marks (without grace marks as explained above) are also eligible to appear for SET examination.

h)Candidates have to appear for SET in the subject of their Post Graduation only.

i)Candidates should note that their candidature is provisional. Their candidature will be deemed final upon verification of eligibility condition with reference to the documents enclosed with their application or as may be called for.

j)There is no upper age limit.

k) The candidates who have passed M.Sc.( by Research) are not eligible to appear for the SET Exam. As per the U.G.C. Rules.

l) The SET agency will not issue any marksheet to qualified/not-qualified candidate. Also no revaluations of papers are allowed for SET Examination. The SET agency will issue certificate to qualifying candidates only.

You can found the upcoming date of SET exam on its website during the application period for the exam.
3rd February 2012, 12:13 PM
Unregistered

i am mba student can i eligible for set examination
6th March 2012, 07:40 PM
Unregistered

sir please tell me 2012 set exam date?
6th March 2012, 07:45 PM
Unregistered

sir new set exam date 2012? in education
6th March 2012, 10:52 PM
Unregistered

i am engineering final student i eligible for set examination

when & where we get entrance form.
2nd June 2012, 03:42 PM
Unregistered

Will mphill is also exempted from net set if yes then give me New gr
2nd June 2012, 06:49 PM
BISWAROOP YOGI
Senior Member++

>> Eligibility Criteria for SET Examination :
> You must have completed Master's Degree from any institution recognized by the U.G.C. with a minimum of 55% marks
(without grace) and 50% marks (without grace) for SCs/STs/PHs.
> If You have appeared or will be appearing the Master's Degree examination or if you are waiting for the results for your Master's program are eligible for applying the SET, providing that they are admitted provisionally and become eligible after you submit the pass certificate.
> If you are in the first semester of the 2 year Master's Program, then you are not eligible to apply for SET.
> M.C.M. pursued candidates are not eligible to apply for SET Exam.
> If you have completed your Ph.D and had passed your Masters before September 1991 are also eligible.
> There is no upper age limit for applying the SET Exam.
> SET will not issue any marks sheet and all, if you have qualified in SET, you will recieve certificate.

~~> For further details, visit setexam.unipune.ac.in
3rd June 2012, 12:51 AM
ranjith1438
Senior Member+++++

Hai,

SET(State Eligibility Test) exam is conducted by the UGC(University Grants Commission) this exam is held two times in a year i.e in the month of july and december.

Eligibility criteria:

The candidate should be complete their master's degree with atleast of 55% marks from a recognised university.

The candidate who are appearing final year exams are also eligible.

M.C.M candidates are not eligible for this exam.

The candidates who is currently persuing first year or first two semisters of four semisters are not eligible.

There is no age limit to appear this exam.

For more information about this exam visit

http://www.ugconline.nic.in

All the best
23rd July 2012, 04:49 PM
Unregistered

i have done my MBA-IT post grudation so am i eligible or not for net/set? ... the set exam??? plese help me ... subject.
12th December 2012, 07:21 PM
exams1
Senior Member+

Eligibility criteria of SET Examination:

Those candidates who have secured even 54.99% marks or below ( even 49.99% Marks or below for SC / ST / PH / VH candidates ) in Master’s Degree examination are NOT eligible for this Maharashtra SET Exam Test 2012.

Minimum eligibility criteria is post graduation with min 55% marks from UGC recognised college/ university.
SC/ST require min 50% marks and M.C.M. students are not allowed to appear in the SET Exams.

You must have Master’s Degree from an institution recognized by U.G.C.

Last SET exam was announced in the month of August 2012 2012. it will be held in the month of November and and there is no notification is declared about the upcoming SET exam.
12th January 2013, 03:00 PM
Unregistered

sir my ug b.sc( physics) and my pg MCA so i am eligible for set and net exams? pls reply
22nd February 2013, 07:09 PM
Unregistered

i have completed m.a through a distance course from a recognized university but got 54.25%. can i appear for set or net?
3rd May 2013, 07:50 PM
Unregistered

sir.I'm M.com final year student ..i want to clear ugc net exam for commerce in my first attempt ..so kindly suggest me recent syllabus for I,II &III paper subject of commerce and recommend me which best author i have to refer for this exam..

please sir...
4th May 2013, 09:30 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

SET means State Eligibility Test. This exam is same as the National Eligibility Test which is national level entrance exam for college lectureship and Junior Research Fellowship.

SET is also conducted for the same. The only difference here is that SET is a state level exam and not the national level. What this means is that every state is required to conduct its own State Eligibility Test.

I could have tell the exam dates if you have mentioned any specific state. Each state has different dates for conducting SET exam. Some states conduct the exam twice like Maharashtra while states like Gujarat conducts it only once.

As far as the eligibility criteria is concerned, it remains the same for SET and NET. The eligibility criteria set by the University Grants Commission for the National Eligibility Test is also followed by State Eligibility Test.

Eligibility

1. Post graduation degree from UGC recognized college.

2. Secure 55 percent marks in the post graduation.

3. SC/ST must be able to secure at least 50 percent marks.

4. Final year students of PG course are also eligible.

5. Final year students who passes the exam must submit their degree in 2 years.

6. The subject for exam should be relevant to your PG degree.

7. The age limit is 28 years if applying for JRF.

8. 31 years is the age limit for OBC applying for JRF.

9. SC/ST can apply for JRF upto 33 years.

10. The candidate applying for lectureship should be older than 19 years.
1st March 2014, 01:29 PM
Unregistered

Completed MSW and want to apply for Net/Set exam.Eligibility criteriavfir Net/Set exam?
2nd March 2014, 05:44 PM
Unregistered

sir, i have completed my M. Ed. and want to apply for NET/SET Exam.Kindly inform further dates.
29th March 2020, 08:22 PM
HarishGuri
Senior Member+

---Eligiiblity Criteria:-

:- Candidate must passed Post graduate degree with minimum of 55 %Mark'.

:- 50%Mark's for SC/ST/PH candidates.

:- age not less than 28 years and not more than 31 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?