16th March 2020, 07:31 PM
Shrusti Madhukar Gajapure

Eligibility criteria to study Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and entrance requirements?

Can I do Geographic Information Systems (GIS) course after BA Geography? If I can do this, then how many year's course it will be? And, is this course needs entrance exam? If it needed, then how it will be? I mean which types of questions there will be? And also, when will be this entrance exam held?

31st March 2020, 05:18 PM
SaptarshiDutta04

Default Re: Eligibility criteria to study Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and entrance requirements?

Course Level Graduate
Examination Type Semester System
Eligibility Bachelor's with minimum 55% marks in aggregate and 1-year experience
Admission Process Based on counselling after qualification of a relevant entrance test, such as SGI Pune Entrance Exam
28th August 2020, 07:30 PM
deepikapandey9999

Default Re: Eligibility criteria to study Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and entrance requirements?

To develop a critical understanding of appropriate tools; exposure to new methods and techniques; gaining competence in developing tools for the acquisition, processing,transformation, analysis, modelling, storage and presentation of spatial data; using geo- information in identifying and responding to development problems and in drafting development policies; developing research skills to design and undertake research and development projects in various fields of geoinformatics.

Eligibility Criteria and Admission Process

The candidates applying for the course should have the following qualification:

M Sc./M.Tech. in Physics/ Appl. Physics/ Electron./ Math./ Appl. Math./ Stat./ IT/ Comp. Sci./Geology/ Geophysics/ Geo-Engg./ Agriculture/ Forestry/ Urban and Reg. Plann. or any Natural/Env. Sci., OR Master in Geog. B Sc. in science subjects), OR B.E./ B.Tech./B.Sc.(Engg.)/ Graduate (with four year deg. course) in Civil Engg./ Electron. & Comm./Comp. Sci./ Comp. Engg./ IT/ Geoinformatics/ Agril. Engg./ Geosci. Engg./ Petrol. Engg./Mining Engg./ Agri. Inform./ Agriculture/ Forest Inform./ Forestry or equivalent, OR B.Arch./ B.Plann./ M.Arch./ M.Plann., OR MCA (having B Sc in Science subjects), OR equivalent. The admission in M Sc course is based on a written test (for self-financed candidates), interview (for self-financed as well as Government-sponsored candidates), academic performance and experience.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?