3rd February 2011, 09:36 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility for IES with backlogs in B.E?

my question is that I've had 3 year backs in my B.E degree.. I'll be finishing my degree this year.. how to calculate the aggregate to apply for IAS, the aggregate should be considered only the exams which I have cleared at the first attmpt? because I cleared few exams after two attempts.. so if I consider my first attempt exam marks then my aggregate will be less.. please clear me the point how aggregate is calculated?

4th February 2011, 02:01 PM
mychandru024

Default Re: Eligibility for IES with backlogs in B.E?

you can... Backlogs doesn't matter. only requirement is degree.
5th February 2011, 02:32 AM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend

Only the final result is required to be produced whenever you are asked for your results.
Once you complete your B.E. your final marks would be calculated and that will contain
marks of only those examination which you have finally passed.
Suppose you failed in one paper so you repeated it once. Then the result of later is
considered for final marks calculation.

You complete your graduation in 4 years or 5 years or 6 years, you will be given the
same degree and only your Division will be mentioned in the degree.
For government jobs there is no any such criteria that stop to apply for any job to
those who had backlogs/year gap in their graduation.

So, it is not a matter to worry about.

As far as eligibility for IAS and IES exam is concerned you are eligible for both the
examinations. You can apply this year also if you expect your B.E. to be finalized by this
year.
The age limit for these exams is
21-30 years (GEN)
21-33 years (OBC)
21-35 years (SC/ST)

Thank You
5th February 2011, 09:25 AM
ravik1214
Senior Member++++

Don't worry you are eligible as only you need B.tech degree .your backlogs will not be counted .
I had attached a file which contains the necessary information about IES. so please have a look over it.

as far as eligibility is concerned you are eligible no matter you complete your b.tech degree in 4 or 5 or 6 years . you are getting degree which is most important. you can fail in terms of age because your age must lie between 21 to 30 years if general ,upto 33 if an OBC and upto 35 if SC/ST.

so keep it in mind that your age must not cross this limit.
5th February 2011, 09:31 AM
ravik1214
Senior Member++++

Don't worry about eligibility in IES as far as backlogs or year gaps are concerned .you must have B.Tech degree .It is not mandatory to pass it in just 4 years. you will get B.Tech degree after your backlogs or year gaps .
Your year gap and backlogs can create problem in terms of age . you must have age between 21 to 30 years for general candidate, upto 33 for OBC candidates and upto 35 for SC/ST.

for any other information about IES , please visit the file attached by me or visit the official website of UPSC that is http://www.upsc.gov.in
Attached Files
File Type: docx elic.docx(22.9 KB, 356 views)
5th February 2011, 04:14 PM
ratalalavanya

you have to calculate the aggregate considering the final marks.....So calculate the marks after writing backlogs
5th February 2011, 06:33 PM
rohitkumarramesh
Senior Member++++

Smile Re: Eligibility for IES with backlogs in B.E?

Hi

Backs in engineering doesn't matter for the IAS exam. The percentage that can be calculated is the final result of your exam. So after clearing the engineering what the percentage you got in your final result will only matters.

So there is no problem of back in engineering as the back is not considered in IAS exams. So if have the eligibility criteria for the IAS exam then you are eligible to appear for this exam.

The complete eligibility criteria for th IAS exam is written below:

Age limits :

Candidates applying for the IAS exam should not be below 21years and not above 30 years .

Educational Qualifications :
A degree in any of the following subjects:
Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science,
Botany,
Chemistry,
Geology,
Mathematics,
Physics,
Statistics
Zoology

OR

Bachelor degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Engineering.
Candidates having the above education qualification are eligible for this exam.

Attempts:
1. For general category student 4 attempts.
2. For OBC category students 7 attempts.
3. For SC/ST students no limit.

So you need the above eligibility criteria for the IAS exam.

GOOD LUCK
5th February 2011, 06:45 PM
deep_4
Senior Member+++++

Post Re: Eligibility for IES with backlogs in B.E?

Quote:
I've had 3 year backs in my B.E degree.. I'll be finishing my degree this year.. how to calculate the aggregate to apply for IAS, the aggregate should be considered only the exams which I have cleared at the first attmpt?
As seen from IAS eligibility, A guy need to have its graduation in his hand at the time of Joining.& He/She can apply For it when He/she is in Final year of any Degree.
How many backlogs you have but at the time of joining that must be cleared.

Quote:
because I cleared few exams after two attempts.. so if I consider my first attempt exam marks then my aggregate will be less.. please clear me the point how aggregate is calculated?
See you won't loose more than one or two chances For writing Civil services Exam & To write This exam you need to full fill the age criteria i.e you must be in between 21 to 30 years Of age.

In this period you can write ample number of times.

For calculation Purpose you will add those subject marks which has more number than earlier. Your latest Mark sheet will be considered.
5th February 2011, 07:10 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

The BackLogs Students Are Eligible To Appear In IES Exams. After Clear Your Backlogs You Can Apply for IES Exams. So Please Dont Worry Just Clear Your Backlogs, Then You Can Appear In IES Exams.

In This Examination Your Final Marks Will Be Considered, So If You Get Backlog In Your Course, Then Please Clear It Soon And After Completing Your Bacholar Degree You Can Apply for This Exams.

So, If You have More Than 21 years And Less Than 30 Years, then You Can Apply for This Exams. So, After Completing Your Bacholar Degree You Are Eligible To Apply for IES Entrance Exams.
6th February 2011, 12:23 AM
kumar Mitesh

As far as eligibility for IAS and IES exam is concerned you are eligible for both the
examinations. You can apply this year also if you expect your B.E. to be finalized by this
year.
there is certain age limit which is as follows.......
21-30 years (GEN)
21-33 years (OBC)
21-35 years (SC/ST)

Thank You
6th February 2011, 12:24 AM
kumar Mitesh

year.
there is certain age limit which is as follows.......
21-30 years (GEN)
21-33 years (OBC)
21-35 years (SC/ST)

Thank You
25th February 2011, 07:43 PM
Unregistered

can MCA's give IES xam
26th February 2011, 10:11 PM
kapila Chaudhary
Senior Member++++

IES Exam Eligibility:

Age Eligibility:
You need to be between 21 years to 30 years on the 1st August, 2011.
Age relaxations exist as per Govt. rules.

Academic Eligibility:
You must be a graduate in Engineering from a recognized university.

You are eligible for IES because you are graduate. It does not matter that how many years you have taken to complete the degree.But your age shuold be under the eligibilty criteria.
27th April 2011, 10:00 PM
Unregistered

please sir confirm me that The BackLogs Students Are Eligible To Appear In IES Exams or not.
i have only 1 back in 5th semister and now i am in 8th semister.
becoz i have being preparing for the IES 2011 SINCE last 9 month so please ensure me that iam eligible or not.
my final mark sheet will be given by college after the march 2012.
15th May 2011, 10:12 PM
Unregistered

hi..
i have taken ies exam but i am not attending the exam... is it considered as attempt or not??
6th November 2011, 02:21 AM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Eligibility for IES is that you should be a graduate when you are applying for the exam and your aggregate should be more that 60%.

Also your age should be between 21 to 30 years

So since you fulfill all the criteria, once you clear all your backs, you can easily apply for the IES examination

Good luck !
28th July 2014, 08:59 PM
Unregistered

sir now am persuing my 3rd year btech ...i have one backlog in my first year ..my future plan is to go for IAS coaching if iam nt able to clear backlog wt is my position am i eligible for coaching ??
21st April 2017, 07:26 PM
Unregistered

My question is that i have backlog or fail in the 1st year 1st semester exam in honours paper of graduation (BSC). Can i give the UPSC exam or in future should i ever be eligible for the UPSC or IAS exam. And if i clear all the backlog paper in whole 3 years of graduation course should i eligible to participate in the UPSC or IAS exam????

Sir please help me by clearing my doubts and give me solution of my problems.
2nd May 2018, 08:24 AM
Unregistered

I had completed my technical degree in 2016 but I have one backlog still I want to apply for ies 2019
And I hope that I will be able to clear my backlog this year before the commencement of ies notification 2019 and it declare in the month of October and my result will come before the ies notification
My question is am I able to apply for ies 2019
Sir, please give me reply quickly
27th August 2019, 01:12 PM
Unregistered

My b.tech is complete but one backlog and this exam held in december/january, can i apply for ies and gate 2019.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?