20th April 2019, 11:45 AM
Samuelcoopersungoh

Eligibility to study M.Sc Astronomy and list of best colleges for it?

I am very interested in Astronomy but I am studying B.Sc Geography. Can I go for M.Sc Astronomy after a degree in Geography? And, from where can I study M.Sc in Astronomy?

24th April 2019, 09:02 PM
geethasbj994

Default Re: Eligibility to study M.Sc Astronomy and list of best colleges for it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samuelcoopersungoh View Post
I am very interested in Astronomy but I am studying B.Sc Geography. Can I go for M.Sc Astronomy after a degree in Geography? And, from where can I study M.Sc in Astronomy?
Hello,

Astronomy is actually the part of physics and I think for you to be eligible for that you should have B.Sc in physics or B.Tech in Engineering Physics. You can check the website-Indian Institute of Astrophysics.

Now, coming to your question you can apply Msc in geology, geography, geophysics or applied geology in universities or IITs through JAM.

Hope it helps!

Good Luck
25th April 2019, 06:59 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to study M.Sc Astronomy and list of best colleges for it?

M.Sc. Astronomy Eligibility-

In order to pursue MSc in Astronomy a candidate must have passed 10 + 2 with physics as one of the main subjects and after passing 12th standard the candidate must have passed bachelor's degree with physics as one of the main subjects.

The reputed institutes conduct their own entrance examination.

IIT Madras

IIT Delhi

IIT Kanpur

Indian Institute of Technology Bombay

Delhi University

Punjab University

IIT Kharagpur
25th April 2019, 10:49 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility to study MSc Astronomy:-
The candidate should have passed BSc or an equivalent degree with a minimum aggregate score of 50%.

A few universities and colleges in India conduct entrance examination for admission to this course .

Duration of this course is two years.

List of colleges for doing MSc Astronomy:-

Osmania University, Hyderabad, India Andhra University College of Science and Technology, Visakhapatnam, India
Andhra University, Visakhapatnam, India Punjabi University, Patiala, Punjab.
25th April 2019, 11:20 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

M.Sc. Astronomy Eligibility:

Candidate must have completed graduation in Science with physics as one of the subjects.

There are provisions of entrance Tests in few of the universities as entrance criterion for admission.

List of colleges offering this course:

Indian Institute of Technology, Indore.

Inter University Centre for astronomy and astrophysics, Pune.

Osmania University, Andhra Pradesh.

Panjab University, Chandigarh.
29th April 2019, 05:51 PM
Mamatha97
Junior Member+

Eligibility to study M. Sc. Astronomy :

Candidate must have passed 12th with physics as one of the main subject and after passing 12th the candidate much have passed Bachelor's degree with physics as one of the main subject.

There are provision of entrance tests in few of the universities as entrance criterion for admission.

Duration of this course is two years

List of colleges offering this course :

Indian Institute of Technology, Indore

Osmania University, Andhra pradesh

Punjab University Chandigarh

Inter University center for astronomy and astrophysics, Pune
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?