30th April 2010, 03:16 PM
ashi shukla

Engineering or Hotel Management Course? Which one provides better career and salary?

can anyone tell me what is better and why, to do engineering from state college via EAMCET(engineering examination of andhra pradesh) or to do HOTEL MANAGEMENT, in which field i can earn more...

30th April 2010, 09:38 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Engineering or Hotel Management Course? Which one provides better career and salary?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashi shukla View Post
can anyone tell me what is better and why, to do engineering from state college via EAMCET(engineering examination of andhra pradesh) or to do HOTEL MANAGEMENT, in which field i can earn more...
Both are good from the point of Pay and placement.

If we make a list of Top Career options, then Engineering always takes leads, thats because the increasing Technological aspect and its appliacation in each and every field.After completeing Engineering one can easily get job and with good pay, say anything between 20,000-40,000 starting level,which keeps increasing with experiance and further studies.

On the other hand if we talk about Hotel Management, then it stands in 4th or 5th position.A hotel management graduate can expect anything between 12,000-25,000 at starting level.Which keeps increasing with experiance and all.

So, it depends upon which career do you inetrested and want to opt for.

Best fo Luck
30th April 2010, 11:38 PM
edward
Top Answerer

Default Re: Engineering or Hotel Management Course? Which one provides better career and salary?

according to me hotel management is much better than doing engineering..........as per now engineer are getting some good job until unless he/she has done his engineering from some good college with good marks............

but in hotel management course of you have done whole course with complete concentration then you can even open your own resturant or a hotel also if you are financially very high...........

but still decision is yours so choose the one in which you have more interest.........
1st May 2010, 12:07 AM
sonal goel

Quote:
both the courses are good but it first depends on your career interest.
Whether you want to go in hospitality sector or in technological field.
You first have to decide it and then take further action.
But for now it is an obvious one that everyone will talk about engineering only but from my point of view i think you should go with hotel management as it is a new field and a booming sector.
Everyone runs behind these traditional courses only if you want to earn really something good then just work away from the league. Think differently and success will be yours.........
All the very best!!!!!!!!!!
1st May 2010, 12:36 AM
Pathfinder
Senior Member++++

See you should never ever join a field with the prospect of earning money. I know its what for you study but it hampers your career.

So i would like you to join the course which suits you and in which you have aptitude. Better go for an aptitude test and with that you can easily come to know what you are actually made for..

Both equally have good scopes. Both earn well. Engineering is ofcourse tough and Hotel Management require skills.

So cheers and go for your interest
21st May 2010, 01:10 AM
Unregistered

this is my dilemma iam at the crossroads and am not able to decide as i have got calls from both the colleges
25th May 2010, 03:15 PM
Aditya.addy
Senior Member+

dear friend,
both are good .but if you really want to earn money then engineering is a good line.you can get lucrative job after engineering.but management in hotel also fetch you good handsome salary.look at your interests.then decide where you want to go.
7th June 2010, 08:25 PM
Unregistered

is it good to do hotel managament ?
8th June 2010, 06:56 AM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Hai friend,
You are talking about two different world. Yes,there are many oppurtunities and great prospect in both courses but your attitude toward your career might not let you succeed in any of them.

No one can assure your success in any field untill you know yourself where to go. Career in hotel management could be as rewarding as engineering provided you have the passion and interest in any of them.
so, i would suggest you to give yourself some time to understand your strengths and your ultimate goal before thinking how much will you earn.
8th June 2010, 05:34 PM
prashantmeghalia
Senior Member++

Smile Re: Engineering or Hotel Management Course? Which one provides better career and salary?

Quote:
engineering provides you handsome salary only if you have done it from a good reputed college like nit ,iit, iiit etc. if you are getting any of these then don,t miss the chance otherwise hotel management is a very good course. it is providing very good job opportunities and people doing it are very less as compaired to engineering. so its better to go for hotel management.
8th June 2010, 10:48 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Dear friend

Yes, it is true that in both these field there are very wide career as well as better
salary. But i will suggest you, just choose those field, in which you have perform
better, but engineering field are very great demand in now a days and if you do
engineering course, then you will get high salary packages in india as well as in
foreign. But in hotel management, very few person can get sucess and if you
want to live your life better in future, then go for engineering course.
9th June 2010, 09:41 PM
sanket mathur

Hotel management is better than engineering since its salary is good than engineering.
But engineering is also has great scope and good salary package too.
22nd June 2010, 06:15 PM
Unregistered

How is a Hotel Management good pay? In what way?
Its just a waiter thing , i guess. Money pay is not good compared to engineering.In engineering you get a public job with free medical service and a free flat. Its awesomeness!!

I don't think u get this free service in any hotel management category.
2nd July 2010, 08:08 PM
Unregistered

is there any future for mechanichal engineering?in government and is it ok if we do from any college?
4th July 2010, 07:54 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
is there any future for mechanichal engineering?in government and is it ok if we do from any college?

What are you talking about dear........!

The whole world is running because of Mechanical Engineering and you are talking if there is any career in it.

Never worried about Career in that, yeah it is fact that every year India produces 40,000 additional MEchanical Engineers including different branches, but this is due to compromise in quality of education.

So, if you want to make your career in Mechanical Engineering in India, then opting for Good College will be very much helpful, otherwise if going Gulf (Saudi, Dubai etc.) then only affiliated college is enough.
4th July 2010, 08:11 PM
rohitkumarramesh
Senior Member++++

actually from my point of view you should have to go for engg. as now days the more jobs opportunities available in market is only for engg. whether it is related to banking,defence,central or any private job all needs engg. so according to more earning point of view you should go for engg.
4th July 2010, 09:29 PM
Hitha Nanjappa

you can be more or less assured with a job if you do well in engg,,.. but making a job after HM entirely depends on you.. this is purely how good you are at youur marketing skills...
again... take up engg only if you are interested in technical fiels for future.. if cooking, hospitality etc interests you.. then go ahead with Hm.. both are choices poles apart..
make a wise decision...
4th July 2010, 11:39 PM
August
Senior Member+

dear friend

both are different sectors with different scope and facilities .

HOTEL MANAGEMENT is a new developed course but engineering is a ever green stream with huge scope as compared to the hotel management sector.

its employment sector is too large as compared to the hotel management sector which is limited.

salary depends on your designation ,company ,experience and skill.

now it depends on u which line u will choose.

all the best.
5th July 2010, 12:56 AM
sandy B

hello dear,according to my point of views if you want respect as well as money then engineering is better than hotel management.through hotel management if you you have capability then definitely earn money equal or more than engineers.but you can not get respect as compare to the engineers.....so it is partially depends upon you........
23rd July 2010, 07:24 PM
Unregistered

is it copmpulary to do a job nly aftr bcumig engeering???? and wht gives us more money engeering or hotel mangment?/
6th August 2010, 02:02 PM
Unregistered

dear i would like 2 suggest u that go for engineering its far better than hotel management ...........
in hotel management u hv 2 suffer a lot no gud salary no in begging abt 5000 to 10000 u will get so pleace go for eng.
4th October 2010, 01:27 PM
Unregistered

vegetarian can do hotel management or not
5th October 2010, 01:17 AM
teeks
Senior Member+

dear both engineering and hotel managment is good for future to earn good salary but in enginrrring there is a lot of competetion you can sure that you can get good job after b.tech you have to do more.
but there comaratively less competetion in HM so my advice is to join HM
ok best of luck

[SIZE=1]---------- Post added at 12:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:15 AM ----------[/SIZE]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
vegetarian can do hotel management or not
yes vegetarian can do the hotel managment but they can feel some problem like omiting while cutting the non-veg in my thinking the vegetarian shoul not do the HM because they can do it with full interest so it will not beneficial
ok dear
good luck
5th October 2010, 01:18 AM
Nucleusdev

Engineering is the best way to get success in your life.hotel management have not a quality or salary as engineering
5th October 2010, 03:52 PM
Unregistered

according to me hotel management is much better than doing engineering..........as per now engineer are getting some good job until unless he/she has done his engineering from some good college with good marks............

but in hotel management course of you have done whole course with complete concentration then you can even open your own resturant or a hotel also if you are financially very high...........

but still decision is yours so choose the one in which you have more interest........
5th October 2010, 08:04 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

You are thinking of options in two extremes. Try thinking about which of these you would like to choose as a career. Keep in mind that would be something you would be doing for the rest of your life. I could say that engineering is a better option; but if you have absolutely no interest in the subject, you may not be able to reach the heights you could have if you had chosen to do something you are passionate about. So give it proper thought and all the best.
5th October 2010, 09:39 PM
Rudraprasad
Senior Member++

Smile Re: Engineering or Hotel Management Course? Which one provides better career and salary?

Quote:
Dear friend ashi,

Both of the career option is large payscaler.Engineering (from wherever is it) is the profession where you need a strong basic knowledge and clear fundamentals.and practical oriention skills and application of knowledge in the real field.and for hotel management thrre is lots pof glamour,and starting package is too much attractive.if you make quick money and good living do not thought twice join hotel management.if you wish to develop yourselp step by step then you can opt for engineering.because engineers are at starting period not good payers,after 5 or 6 yrs experience they are good payers.

decide you need mony at starting or at the middle age????

then choose your career.

good luck.
5th October 2010, 11:21 PM
RAKESH KUMAR.N
Senior Member+

only one important points friends , if you do the Engineering you should in good university or college so that you can get placement in college itself, now a days every one are studying engineering only per year 5 to 7 lakes of peoples are coming as the engineer, 60% won't getting the job,but in Hotel Management every will get the job some how or the other by doing in good university ,now a days they are getting more salary then engineering,

*main reason is that those who finish the Engineering they are not going to the respective department jobs, they are going to what ever job they get,so that there is mismatch in the department to department.

for e.g those you finished mechanical joing in IT company, so that some of the CSC & IT students get affected, like wise the others department 30% of them are going like this, any different step should be taken by the company or the college. Thank you for nice question
6th October 2010, 12:12 AM
Kunwar Deep Singh

dont go with engg. because jobs r limited. as every one wants to be an engginear soo i dont think that every one would be satesfyed with there income.
6th October 2010, 01:21 AM
ForumModerator
Forum Staff

Both are completely different courses and you can chose any one on the basis of your interest. So chose the one which you like since you have to make a career in it

Both have great scope and you know that well. About the salaries,the salary is higher only on the basis of your capability.You wont earn anything in which you are dumb right?

So chose intelligently. Dont run after money. Just work hard and money will automatically come after you
6th October 2010, 01:38 PM
Unregistered

Well in my view, both engineering and hotel management are good streams to pursue. But, it depends on you where u r interested. Both are good careers. both have high salaries but everything ultimately depends on your capability. Hotel management is such a career which gives money soon after joining but engineering will give you a much better name and fame, however after 5-7 years of B.Tech. So,better judge ypurself by your capability and pursue the career of your choice. Money is equally good in both the careers.
6th October 2010, 01:48 PM
Nisha kaushik

Thumbs up Re: Engineering or Hotel Management Course? Which one provides better career and salary?

enginering and hotel management both hav good scope..

engineering is based on technical knowledge..and technical skills..

hotel management is related to ur managing skills...
as far as the pay scale is concerned..it depends on your talent and experience.

i would suggest you to go in the field of your interest with the best of your knowledge
6th October 2010, 06:05 PM
apoorv212

Quote:
that too depends on you ashi
if you are very intrested in hotal management then select it
or
if you are seeing it as a option then engineering is mush better than hotal management
but at the end every thing somes to you if you are intrested then hotel management too is very good option.
6th October 2010, 07:47 PM
mseetharamster

In the state Andhra pradesh almost all prefer engineering than hotel management.But there are not enough good institutes that provide hotel management up to its necessary level in AP state.
And the opportunities for students who have done hotel management have job opportunities abroad,if you are enough affordable of going you can get attractable salaries..but it requires some guidance ...
and salary will be low when compared to engineering unless you are too famous at your job
6th October 2010, 11:29 PM
cmyakal

Both provide better career & salary ,but both of them have their own advantages.In engg you have to work hard n seek knowledge of that field in which you are doing n in hotel management their is lot of leisure time n you have tym for everything except your course ,unlike engg.But engg is better from my point of view becoz even if you have to wrk hard for it, the college is the place where you can enjoy as well as study...n if you are clear in every semester, you will get job very easily on-canpus or off-campus...so dnt worry abt it....
ALL THE BEST
7th October 2010, 11:35 AM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello dear

after 12th, you will not get good jobs. so it will be better to do higher studies.

so you can do given below courses

1.BCA.

2.Engineering.

3.medical.

4.hotel management.

5.LLB.

6.bba.

etc.

but engg will be best option for you.
all the best............
7th October 2010, 08:42 PM
vik111

Thumbs up Re: Engineering or Hotel Management Course? Which one provides better career and salary?

Dear,

Hotel management and engineering both provide better career & salary ,but both of them have their own advantages.In engg you have to work hard n seek knowledge of that field in which you are doing n in hotel management their is lot of leisure time n you have tym for everything except your course ,unlike engg.

ALL THE BEST
26th February 2011, 02:32 PM
Unregistered

its hotel management .the life style of people has changed and its always a better option......u will experience the practical skill of a professional hotel managemnt graduate only if u go to a5 star hotel..its nt easy as it is to get to astar hotel like taj or oberoi........i dnt knw why people do not respect chef as its nt aeasy job to do than engneering
30th March 2011, 10:07 AM
Unregistered

Is there any good college of chef in gujarat???
29th April 2011, 12:27 PM
meghana narasimha murthy

Quote:
hey hotel management is the best.... its a different course... y always engineer n doctor???? always b different from others.... tats life....

hotel management give u experience as well as knowledge... ul become bold enough to talk to people and interact with others.. yo can face challenges tooooo
30th April 2011, 04:11 PM
vijaypatel54
Senior Member+

hi,
both are good from the point of Pay and placement.

If we make a list of Top Career options, then Engineering always takes leads, thats because the increasing Technological aspect and its appliacation in each and every field.After completeing Engineering one can easily get job and with good pay, say anything between 20,000-40,000 starting level,which keeps increasing with experiance and further studies.

On the other hand if we talk about Hotel Management, then it stands in 4th or 5th position.A hotel management graduate can expect anything between 12,000-25,000 at starting level.Which keeps increasing with experiance and all.

So, it depends upon which career do you inetrested and want to opt for.

thanks
11th May 2011, 12:11 PM
sssnnekil

To study hotel management which degree should be preferred first after finishing 12th

standard
26th May 2011, 01:48 PM
Unregistered

what are the salaries in hotel managmnt n engerng?
19th June 2011, 12:31 PM
Unregistered

which is better in view of todays world,htl mangmnt or enginnering??
1st July 2011, 06:31 PM
Unregistered

don't go 4 hotel management ...... definitely u will loose your health and you will never get a good salary ...
8th July 2011, 03:13 PM
Unregistered

hi sir i m sudhanshu what kind of course i m doing diploma or b.s.c in hotel management
24th July 2011, 01:40 PM
Unregistered

dear friend ,
the better option is to take according to ur oppinion but were ever u r show ur best and charm u will make top where ever ur.
my choice is h.m
good luck
5th January 2012, 02:15 AM
Unregistered

As far as i know hotel management is better than engineering.yes initially in hotel field u will be paid less but engineers get paid nicely.once u become a manager or any other designations like captain of a restaurant you will have a very attractive salary.all u need is that u need to be smart enough and i don't agree with people who says that the hoteliers do not get the status in the society.

if u would like to do engg.go ahead but in the field of engg. they will make use of a person till the age of 40,eat their head and they'll kick'em out.
12th January 2012, 01:06 PM
Unregistered

is hotel management is good then engineering?
6th June 2012, 06:56 PM
Unregistered

hello sir i want some more information about both engg. and hm
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?