8th August 2019, 01:50 PM
Unregistered

Which entrance do I need to write for SDO Electrical branch?

I have done my Bachelor's degree in Electronics and wants to apply for the post of Sub-Divisional Officer (SDO) Electrical branch in Uttar Pradesh. What is the application procedure? Which entrance exam do I need to write? Pleas, share details of entrance with sample test papers.

21st June 2023, 10:09 PM
Hera tabrez
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which entrance do I need to write for SDO Electrical branch?

To become SDO , you need to qualify Public Service Commission Exam or State Civil Services exam conducted by the state government.
Those who have completed graduation in that particular field is must to become an SDO.
Must be between 21 to 30 years .
The State Government is responsible to choose SDO through PSC exam . Each state has different exam to choose SDO.
PSC exam is a competitive exam and one has to prepare well to crack it.
The exam is conducted in 3 stages
Preliminary exam
Main exam
Interview.
30th June 2023, 08:28 PM
Chandanguriya
Banned

Default Re: Which entrance do I need to write for SDO Electrical branch?

To become a Sub-Divisional Officer (SDO) in the Electrical branch in India, you typically need to appear for the Engineering Services Examination (ESE) conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC). The ESE is a prestigious examination that recruits engineers for various technical positions in government departments, including the Indian Engineering Services (IES).

The ESE is a three-stage examination that includes a Preliminary examination, a Main examination, and a Personality Test (Interview). The examination is conducted once a year and covers multiple engineering disciplines, including Electrical Engineering.

To be eligible for the ESE, you must have a degree in Electrical Engineering or a related field from a recognized university. The specific requirements and eligibility criteria, such as age limits and educational qualifications, are detailed in the official notification issued by the UPSC for each examination cycle. Therefore, it is recommended to regularly check the UPSC website and refer to the official notifications for the most up-to-date information regarding the ESE and the SDO Electrical branch.

Additionally, there may be state-level or organization-specific examinations conducted for recruitment as SDO in the Electrical branch. It is advisable to check with the respective state electricity board or relevant government departments for any specific entrance examinations or recruitment processes they may have in place.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?