21st August 2016, 11:38 AM
Unregistered

Entrance exam details after 12th to get admission in Automobile Engineering?

Hi, I have completed my 12th class and want to do Automobile Engineering. Can you please tell me which entrance exams I need to clear to get admission in Automobile Engineering. Thanks

Related Questions:
  1. What is the eligibility criteria required to pursue Automobile Engineering? What is the fee structure of the course and Hostel for the same?
  2. Can I get admission in Aeronautical engineering after scoring 80% in 12th without answering entrance exam?
  3. Is there any entrance exam available for Automobile Engineering? Are there Automobile engineering colleges in India? Best way to complete Automobile engineering?
  4. Details of admission in Automobile engineering course at Pune?
  5. Automobile Engineering or Mechanical Engineering for a good career?
  6. Can I get admission for diploma in automobile? I have passed 12th with 52%
  7. What should I do after HSc? I have an interest in Automobiles
  8. Am I eligible for admission in Engineering having gap of one year between 12th and B.Sc? Which type of engineering can I do and which type of entrance exam to give?
  9. Procedure to follow for doing automobile engineering in Germany after 12th?
  10. How can I join Merchant Navy after passing 12th class in these subjects of Automobile Engineering
  11. What should I do next after completion of diploma in automobile? -- [Most Discussed] -- [New]
  12. Is it possible to do BA course after completion diploma in Automobile Engineering? -- [Most Discussed]
  13. How to join engineering college after scoring 50% marks in 10+2?
  14. Details about automobile engineering cuorse?
  15. Gujarat Technological University B.Tech in Automobile Engineering 5th Semester Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  16. Can I study M.E.(Aeronautical Engineering) after completing B.E.(Automobile Engineering)? List of universities offering admission with scholarship?
  17. How to take admission in automobile engineering after completing automobile engineering?
  18. Can I get admission to study B.Tech(Automobile Engineering) if pursue Diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
21st August 2016, 06:49 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Entrance exam details after 12th to get admission in Automobile Engineering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi, I have completed my 12th class and want to do Automobile Engineering. Can you please tell me which entrance exams I need to clear to get admission in Automobile Engineering. Thanks
You have completed 12th standard so you can apply for IIT JEE exam to get admission in Automobile Engineering.

Those who have completed 12th standard from a recognized board with physics, chemistry and mathematics with above 50% marks are eligible for JEE Main exam. 5% marks relaxation is provided for SC/ST category candidates. You can apply consecutively for 3 years. Candidates who have secured top 1,50,000 rank in JEE Main examination are eligible to appear in JEE Advanced examination.

Your age should be in between 17 to 25 years.
21st August 2016, 07:44 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Entrance exam details after 12th to get admission in Automobile Engineering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Automobile Engineering is a part of a core branch 'Mechanical Engineering'.

To get admission into this branch, you will have to appear for any of the following engineering entrance exams like:
JEE Main and JEE Advanced are national level entrance exams that will take you to IITs, NITs, IIITs, CFIs, etc.

While, exams like UPSEE, Orissa JEE, WBJEE, COMEDK, are state level exams.

BITSAT, KIITEE, SRMEE are among private university entrance exams.
21st August 2016, 08:56 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Automobile Engineering is one of the major branch of engineering which deals with design, manufacture and operation of automobiles. It is a four-year undergraduate degree course in the field of Automobiles. Candidates who have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry subjects from a Government recognised board are eligible to pursue Automobile Engineering.

Admissions in Automobile Engineering course are offered through National or State or University level examinations like JEE Main/ JEE Advanced, EAMCET, WBJEE, BITSAT, KIITEE, etc.,. If you qualify the entrance examination, based on your examination rank, you will be called for counselling process and you will be allotted a seat in the college which you are eligible to get admission for pursuing Automobile Engineering course.

To get admission in National level institutions like IITs, NITs, you have to appear in JEE Main or JEE Advanced and for getting admission in State level institutions, you have to appear in State level entrance examinations like EAMCET, WBJEE, etc.,. If you wish to take admission in top institutes like BITS, KIIT, etc., you have to appear in entrance examinations like BITSAT, KIITEE, etc.,. So, I suggest you to appear in entrance examination based on your interest where you wish to pursue your Automobile Engineering course.
21st August 2016, 10:58 PM
goyal.com
Senior Member+

Form Bachelor of Technology in Automobile candidate must have passed 12th class from a recognized board of education with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. The minimum percentage required for Bachelor of Technology in Automobile in your 12th class is 50%. 45% in the case of candidate belonging to reserved category. Also you need to appear in entrance examination like JEE etc to get admission in Automobile Engineering. As you want to know the entrance exam details after 12th to get admission in Automobile Engineering here, I am going to tell you the same:

Entrance Exam Details:

Joint entrance exam (JEE) is the national level engineering entrance examination conducted by CBSE New Delhi, for admission to various government and private engineering colleges of the country.

The Joint entrance exam (JEE) is conducted in two phases:
1.JEE Main
2.JEE Advance

Sections:
Physics
Chemistry
Mathematics
Question Type:
There will 30 question in each section and it will be of Multiple Choice Type.

Language:
English and Hindi language.

Syllabus:

Mathematics- Analytical Geometry, Differential Calculus, Integral Calculus and Vectors

Physics- Electricity and Magnetism, Optics and Modern Physics

Chemistry- Includes topics under Physical Chemistry, Inorganic Chemistry and Organic Chemistry

Contact Details:
JEE(Main) Unit Central Board of Secondary Education
Plot No. 149, Block - H,
Sector - 63, Noida - 201309
Distt- Gautam Budh Nagar (U.P.)
Helpline No.
7042399520, 7042399521
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?