13th January 2018, 01:30 PM
smithy49

Full procedure about the recruitment process followed after completion of bachelors in computer science?

I completed my bachelor of engineering in computer science, I decided to study for income tax officer exam, so please tell me the full procedure from there on, regarding details what exams should I take, which is the best coaching institute and so on.

15th January 2018, 10:31 AM
Angry Girl
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Full procedure about the recruitment process followed after completion of bachelors in computer science?

You will have to join Indian Revenue Services to become Income Tax officer.

IRS are Civil Servants. Candidates clearing all stages of Civil Services examination are eligible for IRS.

Required eligibility criteria:

Bachelor's degree in any stream is minimum qualification for this exam.

Age criteria is 21-32 years.

The recruitment is on basis of rank in this exam. There are three stages of this examination.

Preliminary examination which is the first stage.

Mains examination.

Personal interview.
15th January 2018, 03:52 PM
NeptuneSpear

Default Re: Full procedure about the recruitment process followed after completion of bachelors in computer science?

There are two ways to get through Income Tax Department, one is SSC CGL (Staff Selection Commission Combined Graduate Level and another is through UPSC CSE (Union Public Service Commission Civil Services Examination).

1) SSC CGL

- It's an exam which provides you an opportunity to work with CBDT (Central Board of Direct Taxes) as Income Tax Inspector. It is forked into 3 stages :

- Preliminary : It is of 200 marks and of 1 hour in duration.

- Mains : It will be of 400 marks and of 4 hours in duration.

- Descriptive : It will be in pen-paper mode and will be of 100 marks and 1 hour is given.

You have to qualify all 3 stages in order to get this post and your All India Rank should be less than 500.

2) UPSC CSE

- Here you will join as Asst. Commissioner in CBDT as part of IRS (Indian Revenue Services)

- You have to qualify Prelims, Mains, Interview in order to get this job.

- Prelims will be of 400 marks which will be of qualifying in nature. Mains will be of 1750 marks in pen-paper mode where 9 papers will be given each carrying of 250 marks and 3 hours will be given to each paper.

- Final round is of personality test which will be of 275 marks.

- You have to be in top 300 in order to join IRS.
15th January 2018, 05:11 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

If you want to join Income tax as IRS ( Indian Revenue Service ) officer you have to appear and qualify in Civil Service examination.

It is conducted by UPSC. The examination is conducted every year. It is conducted in three stages and candidates have to qualify in all three stages of examination for final selection.

Yes, you have sufficient qualification to appear in examination. For examination procedure and syllabus visit at http://www.upsc.gov.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?