21st August 2010, 07:52 AM
subhasri chatterjee

GATE Electronics and Communications after Non-Electronics studies in graduation and post graduation?

i am a physics(hons) graduate and now doing msc in BIOMEDICAL INSTRUMENTATION. am i eligible to appear in GATE in ELECTRONICS and COMMUNICATION?would being nt a pure electronics student matter in interview for admission ?

Related Questions:
  1. Which is better to study among IT and Electronics in M.Sc for B.Sc(Electronics) graduate?
  2. What courses are available in field of electronics after B.Sc. (Electronics)?
  3. Am I eligible to do post graduation in Archaeology after completion of graduation in Electronics and Communication?
  4. Can I do post graduation in IIT with 23 score In GATE exam?
  5. Which stream should I choose after completing B.Tech in Electronics & Communications Engineering? Will there be a good career choice and will I get a good job after completing it? -- [New]
  6. Minimum criteria needed to appear in TCS aptitude test?
  7. Which colleges is offering part time M.Tech or M.E?
  8. What is the scope for girls after complete of post graduation in electronics physics? Will girls get job after that or not?
  9. What is the scope for girls after completing post graduation in electronics physics
  10. How to study robotics in PG? Which departments should I choose in UG?
  11. How to apply for MBA after graduating in BSc Electronics? Where can I apply?
  12. Which PG Diploma course is relevant to B.Tech (ECE) course?
  13. List of colleges offering DGO after BAMS? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. Scopes for girls in defence after completing Post graduation in Electronics Physics?
  15. Can a final year graduate candidate appear for IBPS entrance exam?
  16. Previous 10 year papers of GATE for Electronics and Communications Branch?
  17. Which industry is good for Telecom sector? How will I get job in Telecom companies like Apple, Sony, Nokia etc.?
  18. What are the upcoming Government Job Notifications related to candidates of Post Graduation in ECE?
21st August 2010, 12:05 PM
Adarshxxx
Senior Member+

Default Re: GATE Electronics and Communications after Non-Electronics studies in graduation and post graduation?

hi...frnd ....
there is no problem ........u can choose electronics and communication......
there is huge scope for electronics...........
21st August 2010, 10:34 PM
compaq123
Senior Member+

Default Re: GATE Electronics and Communications after Non-Electronics studies in graduation and post graduation?

yes, you have to appear in gate exam in electronis field.
elligibilty: 70% marks in physics(hons).
good luck
22nd August 2010, 07:37 AM
cenaetion
Senior Member+

dear friend,

yes u r eligible for GATE exam... but after getting admission u have to face lots difficulty.. as u r not a student of electronics field... after giving GATE i will get admission in MTECH.. how u will become master in that particular subject, as u have not done it before.. u don't know anything about communication, u don't know basic electronics then it will create lots of problem in doing ur master degree.. so , I will suggest u to go for that field in which u can excel yourself..

all the best..
22nd August 2010, 06:11 PM
sharmila jain

hello frd ... you can surely appear for gate ...
basic knowledge of electronics and communication is enough ...
25th August 2010, 03:30 PM
Unregistered

Iam appearing te e%u20ACtc.can i appear gate
26th August 2010, 02:08 AM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello dear

you can't do mtech in ECE after doing Non-Electronics studies in graduation and post graduation.

you can do mtech in given below courses

1.radio physics.

2.astro physics.

3.solidstate.

etc.

all the best............
31st August 2010, 10:03 PM
ansh_ansh
Senior Member++++

dear friends,

i am very sorry to infrom you

that you can not give the gate exams on the ECE.

if you want to give the gate exams then

you have to the exams in only in physics.
11th December 2010, 06:13 PM
Swaminathan077

Smile Re: GATE Electronics and Communications after Non-Electronics studies in graduation and post graduation?

dear,

YES you can go for that else if you have any other stream degree

best of luck
good day
5th January 2011, 10:06 PM
Unregistered

i am doing btech ECE and wish to appear for CEED but dont know how to go about.
6th January 2011, 11:02 AM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

i think you are eligible to appear in GATE in electronics and communication engineering paper.

but for exact information i will suggest you to contact with the nearest IIT Zonal office. they will tell you the exact information about your eligibility.

best wishes.
6th January 2011, 01:32 PM
swity

Quote:
Originally Posted by subhasri chatterjee View Post
i am a physics(hons) graduate and now doing msc in BIOMEDICAL INSTRUMENTATION. am i eligible to appear in GATE in ELECTRONICS and COMMUNICATION?would being nt a pure electronics student matter in interview for admission ?
as per my opinion , knowledge is matter.if your interested in this field then join it.......
4th February 2011, 01:17 AM
Unregistered

i have passed DDE electronics and communication can i study m.tech plz reply
5th February 2011, 08:07 PM
SupritShestha

Quote:
Originally Posted by subhasri chatterjee View Post
hi friend!
good to know that you want to write GATE...If you are doing Biomedical Instrumentation then choosing ECE in GATE will be appropriate as most the papers are same...it will not matter until you get good marks in GATE..
wish you all the best...
18th May 2011, 04:02 PM
Unregistered

i have completed m.sc (physics).my special subject was eletronics n communication.now i want to do m.tech .can i get admission without clearing gate examination? mean to say on management quata based system.please reply me as early as possible.my email id [email protected]...
6th June 2011, 09:05 PM
Unregistered

I am an electrical engineer may i take electronic engineering in gate 2012
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?