11th September 2010, 11:11 PM
Unregistered

GATE eligibility after MCA through Distance Education/Correspondence

sir,
i am srikanth. i completed mca in distance at o.u. i want to study M.Tech. am i eligible to write gate exam.

Related Questions:
12th September 2010, 02:47 AM
Rickers

Default Re: GATE eligibility after MCA through Distance Education/Correspondence

Hello,
Yes distance learning degrees are also accepted by the GATE entrance exam.
Hence you are completed the masters in computer application you can apply for the gate entrance examination.
For more information you can visit the link:
www.iitk.ac.in/gate/
12th September 2010, 04:17 PM
pritam91

Default Re: GATE eligibility after MCA through Distance Education/Correspondence

sir, i am class 12 commerce student . i don't have a math but i have a business math. after class 12 i want to do MCA.(since for mca math is essential). how it is possible plz tell me sir.

if it is not possible then

if i do GNIIT Course offer by NIIT with my BCOM. then it is possible or not
12th September 2010, 07:11 PM
kool
Senior Member++

dear friend,
As you have completed your MCA degree, from correspondence or regular it doesn't matter.

If you have degree of MCA then you are absolutely eligible for GATE.

kindly take well preparation for GATE 2011.

Form will published in October month.

After qualifying in GATE, you can take admission in any where in India as per your GATE score.

good luck.
12th September 2010, 08:44 PM
Sushant Roy
Senior Member++++

hi friend,

It has not been mentioned in GATE brochure about the type or medium of degree , you got.
In GATE brochure it is stated as : Master degree holders in any branch of Science/ Mathematics/ Statistics/ Computer Applications or equivalent
Means you need only master degree in this respect whether it is come from correspondence , doesnt matter.Hence you are eligible to write gate exam.

You may check this:
http://gate.iitm.ac.in/gate2011/
12th September 2010, 11:17 PM
asahu47
Senior Member+++

hii.
as u have completed ur MCA so ur eligible for GATe
so get ready for gate.

u can get the syllabus online from the any of the iits website..

good luck.
13th September 2010, 02:36 PM
meeria

dear friend

yeah,you are eligible for appear GATE exam ,As you have completed your MCA degree, that is no matter where from complete your degree,

but if you want to take admission in good college like IIT,NIT, GOV.college

then you have to good score in GATE exam & must 60% in MCA

have a good day
13th September 2010, 04:37 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Even if you have completed your MCA through a distance education mode, you can apply for M.Tech through GATE provided your degree is approved by the Distance Education Council. So apply for GATE and do your preparations really well.
3rd October 2010, 09:07 PM
Unregistered

is it better to do courses of .net language or php language after doing maca from distance
4th October 2010, 12:21 AM
yogeshyadav

Dear friend,
Yes distance learning degrees are also accepted by the GATE entrance exam.
Hence you are completed the masters in computer application you can apply for the gate entrance examination.
For more information you can visit the link:
www.iitk.ac.in/gate/
4th October 2010, 01:56 AM
teeks
Senior Member+

yes it is doesn't matter from you have taken the degree but you should have the degree
then you will be applicable to write the GATE exam.ok for more detail you can log on to the site.
http://gate.iitm.ac.in/gate2011/
all the best
4th October 2010, 11:13 AM
Unregistered

50% is eligible for gate exam.
15th March 2011, 12:49 AM
Unregistered

I have completed my btech Through distance mode.Am i eligible to write GATE?
20th July 2011, 01:30 PM
Unregistered

sirs, madam please responed my question

i have MCA through Distance Education/Correspondence and completed Mtech from kakinada Jntu, i am eligibility of teach B.Tech students yes or no please tel me sir
thanking u sir
kiran
26th July 2011, 07:38 PM
Unregistered

sir /mam please response my question

i have compleated mca.can i apply to set net exam .what is actual process in set net exam.which subject choose i am confuse please tel us.

thank you
sunita
18th October 2011, 12:25 PM
Unregistered

yes MCA distance is also considered for GATE. In all cases it is tougher than regular MCA degree. so need not worry . you are allowed to write GATE especially if you are IGNOU student.
27th October 2011, 10:20 AM
Unregistered

sir, i completed mca through distance ou in mtech wich specilation(computer science, CSE) i will be eligible PLS inform me
30th October 2011, 07:07 PM
vinay21feb
Senior Member+++

Ans:

**GATE is the exam which examine the students capability of understanding and implementing applications of Engineering concepts

**Cracking GATE is not easy without proper planning& Scheduling

**Understanding of fundamental concepts is very very important

**So start preparing from basics and elaborate subject

**So many people think that GATE has only tough questions, indeed its wrong, it has one mark questions and two mark questions, every year the question paper pattern may change

**One mark questions are easy to answer so don't neglect small problems& simple problems

**From last 2 years they included General English and Aptitude which means, the one who has good English knowledge and logical thinking students are needed by Universities along with good subject knowledge

** So don't neglect both Aptitude & General English

**Joining in anyone of Coaching Institutes is better than self preparation, because they'll tell shortcuts to crack and identify the answer in span of time

**Day to day preparation is very important

**Solve problems as many as possible along with reading and understanding books

**I prefer KANODIA book for ECE students for GATE preparation which has all kinds of problems covered in it, G.K publications book is also good but it is my 2nd choice

**Complete your preparation one month before exam, and now in this one month period write the mock test as much as you can, this will help you more to manage your time as efficiently as possible.

**Leave maximum one subject which you feel is very tough and consumes more time to solve the problems

<<<<<All the Best>>>>>>>
21st February 2012, 12:25 PM
Unregistered

HOW TO APPLY FOR GATE EXAM
19th March 2012, 03:32 PM
Unregistered

hai sir, iam completed b.com computers. Iam eligibility of MCA.
5th November 2012, 02:33 PM
Unregistered

respected sir. i completed my mca with 78.4% in 2012. now i want to apply for m.tech, so its a double p.g of me during the process of m.tech can apply the fee reiumbursement and schoolarship process.
27th October 2013, 06:55 AM
Unregistered

Are the MCA students having BBA/B.Com/B.A. backgrounds eligible for GATE (CS)?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?