25th August 2011, 03:59 PM
rjiya

Is GATE necessary for MCA passouts to do Ph.D? What should I do if I have 1 year gap after MCA?

i m MCA passout & i want to do PHD.is gate is nessessary,if so i hav 1 year gap after MCA so what can do?

30th October 2011, 10:00 PM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is GATE necessary for MCA passouts to do Ph.D? What should I do if I have 1 year gap after MCA?

Eligibility for GATE Exam:
  • **either Bachelor degree holders in Engineering/Technology/Architecture
  • **either Master degree holders in any branch of Science/Mathematics/Statistics/Computer Applications
  • **either Candidates in the second or higher year of the Four-year Integrated Master degree programme (Post-B.Sc.) in Engineering/Technology
only these candidates can apply ..

• for Gate as there is no age limit
  • and no number of attempts defined in GATE exam..
  • and also there is no minimum percentage criteria ,

the only thing needed is talent and hard work to crack the GATE..

gate marks are applicable for all colleges and it is valid for 2 years ..
30th October 2011, 11:08 PM
priyo06
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Is GATE necessary for MCA passouts to do Ph.D? What should I do if I have 1 year gap after MCA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjiya View Post
i m MCA passout & i want to do PHD.is gate is nessessary,if so i hav 1 year gap after MCA so what can do?
dear friend,

After MCA you want to do PhD. So for doing this at first you have to do M.Tech and then only you can do your PhD. So for M.Tech you have to prepare for GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test Examination) and for this purpose I think that you have to prepare for GATE because after MCA and then M.Tech. you have to do or you can take your PhD. degree. So GATE is must.

See one year gap does not matter to you if you have a very good academic carrier. Maximum of more than 3 years gap will affect a candidate very much.

So don't be tensed and not to be get pressurized.

good luck.
5th January 2012, 01:24 PM
Unregistered

I am MCA current passed outs.i decided to do Ph.d.Is it possible or not
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?