28th October 2010, 11:01 PM
Arun.k.p

Good shipping companies which provides one year course in marine engineering(to join merchant navy)?

sir,
i want to know,how i get admission in LBS College of Advanced Marine Studies and Research to do one year course in marine engineering?
i also want to know about the good shipping companies which provides one year course in marine engineering(to join merchant navy)?
KINDLY REPLY ME

30th October 2010, 01:47 PM
Mrs_Praveen_Gola
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Good shipping companies which provides one year course in marine engineering(to join merchant navy)?

You can directly contact to the institute as they can only tell the exact procedure of admission.Or you can demand their prospectus for the details of fees etc.There are many cos which provide one year course.they are-
1. Indian Institutes of Maritime studies
2. Indian Maritime University,chennai
8th January 2011, 10:05 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Good shipping companies which provides one year course in marine engineering(to join merchant navy)?

i am doing my final year mechanical engineering nw.......... hw i can join shipping course??
6th March 2011, 01:05 PM
sachin2places

Hello.......To get admission in LBS college first you need to clear IMUCET and then go for LBS college's separate exam.If you want to get sponsored by a shipping company then it will depend on the company that where thet will send you to do pre sea training.
Some of the leading cadet sponsoring companies are-
1.ANGLOEASTERN
2.ESM
3.AET
4.FIVE STAR SHIPPING
5.MSC
6.ELITE MARINERS
7.PIL
8.MAERSK
9.SEASTAR SHIPMANAGEMENT 10.WILHELMSEN
11.FLEET MANAGEMENT
Keep visiting www.jobships.com for entrance exam dates.
ALL THE BEST
7th March 2011, 05:00 PM
Unregistered

i want to join marine companies so tell me the procedure for this.
25th March 2011, 08:34 AM
Taurus007

hii

Good shipping companies which provides one year course in marine engineering(to join merchant navy)
You can directly contact to the institute as they can only tell the exact procedure of admission.Or you can demand their prospectus for the details of fees etc.There are many cos which provide one year course.they are-
1. Indian Institutes of Maritime studies
2. Indian Maritime University,chennai
Some of the leading cadet sponsoring companies are-
1.ANGLOEASTERN
2.ESM
3.AET
4.FIVE STAR SHIPPING
5.MSC
6.ELITE MARINERS
7.PIL
8.MAERSK
9.SEASTAR SHIPMANAGEMENT 10.WILHELMSEN
11.FLEET MANAGEMENT
Keep visiting www.jobships.com for entrance exam dates

good luck
1st April 2011, 02:21 PM
Unregistered

i want to do marine engineering.tell me how to do.due to financial problem i cannot effort high fee structure
7th April 2011, 03:50 PM
Unregistered

Good Morning Sir,

Sir I have Given my xii exam and i tried to get sponsored through any company. i have also applied in Anglo Eastern Company. pls suggest me sir that what level preparation i should do for the written exam, should i prefer some additional books. And for what things should i take care in the interview so that i sucessfuly selected. pls send me ans on my e-mail id - [email protected]. it is a kind request from my side.
10th May 2011, 02:04 PM
Unregistered

I want an offshore job related to merchant navy . I am an ece engineer. Wat kind of jobs can i try for and where can i try for? Should i do any other course to get the job? please help me!
31st May 2011, 12:20 PM
Unregistered

sir, i have done b.sc. in microbiology. i want to join merchant navy as a cadet . what should i do for it?plz send the information on my e mail id [email protected]
26th July 2011, 03:44 PM
Unregistered

i am pursuing mechanical engg . after completion of fourth teare i want to join marine engineering . so suggest procedures to get into it and shipping corporation of india
5th March 2013, 09:59 PM
Unregistered

i want to know about shiping courses in india with fees details. after BE mechanical engg.
24th August 2013, 08:48 PM
Unregistered

Can i join in merchent navy after completing my graduation?
5th May 2015, 10:56 PM
Unregistered

Its a doubt! After sailing a ship do we have to look for job in another vessel or can i continue in same???What about the salary?? is it same in all companies???
5th May 2015, 10:58 PM
Unregistered

Its a doubt! Thanks in advance! Do i have to ship to another vessel after completing sailing a ship or the company calls us back after vacation??What about the salary?Is it same in all companies???
2nd August 2017, 04:30 PM
Unregistered

Hello Sir , I Have passed 12th with NIOS Board And Deduced to Join Merchant Navy Can You Please Tell Which All Companies Give Sponsorship To NIOS Students . For Feb Batch for DNS course .
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?