29th September 2010, 12:34 AM
mahathi.n

Is GRE good after B.Tech?

i am studiying my b.tech 3 rd year i am unable to decide what to do after my b.tech. Either go for G.R.E or for a job or try for any of the government service can u please help me out

29th September 2010, 07:54 AM
asahu47
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Is GRE good after B.Tech?

hii...

having cleared the GRE could see u making a global presence u can take addmission any global colgs and have more exposer and also a highere paied jobs..

but if u need a job immideatly after ur b.tech u should consentrate on getting it and after u get the job u can prepare for GRE ..

good luck.
29th September 2010, 11:35 AM
chaitu667

Hello friend!

GRE is good when you think about studying abroad and it will always be helpful for handful of income in future.
Why cant you try for MBA or M.Tech here?
Good luck!
29th September 2010, 03:54 PM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello dear

see, GRE is a test through this you can do higher study from abroad.
you see, if you are interested to work with your field then you must do mtech.

specially if you want to do research oriented jobs, then MTech is compulsary.

but if you are not interested to work in your engineering field, then it is essential to do MBA.

but one things you shoud remember, for getting promotion in company, MBA is essentially required.

so GRE is good after B.Tech.

all the best........
29th September 2010, 04:50 PM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

actually everything is good. if you are interested in GRE then obviously it is good for you. but you should know the total information about GRE. it is for studying in abroad. it's very tough examination only a good knowledge in english, aptitude and mathematics field can help you to clear it. you may go for other private sector job or government job if you wish. you also may try for further study in master degree m.tech or other. best wishes.
29th September 2010, 05:22 PM
javeed

Graduate Record Exam is the best option for you when you opt for higher studies in abroad, GRE with TOEFL is widely accepted in many leading universities you wish. so get a go on GRE from now, if you wish to have your higher studies abroad...
29th September 2010, 07:23 PM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

if you are really interested in doing higher studies from foreign university then you have to write gre,its an compulsion.
so you should make decision between higher studies from foreign or job.
as for as government services jobs are concerned its very tough to clear the selection exams because of huge competition but if you do manage to clear them then the jobs are very lucrative.
if you want to write gre it would be better to write after third year
all the best
29th September 2010, 08:18 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

dear friend

Yes definately !

GRE is good after completing your B.tech, And this graduate or business degree can give you a big career advantage in future.

After passing this test, you will get a chance to study in abroad. The GRE General Test measures verbal reasoning, quantitative reasoning, critical thinking and analytical writing skills that are not related to any specific field of study.

So, after clear this test, you will get a chance to get admission in these given colleges offering Masters in Electronics and instrumentation in US -

Carnegie Mellon University
Pittsburgh, PA
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering

Clemson University
Clemson, SC
Program in Electrical Engineering

Colorado Technical University
Colorado Springs, CO

Colorado Technical University Denver Campus
Greenwood Village, CO

Columbia University
New York, NY
Department of Electrical Engineering

So, please apply for this test and this exams will be held on coming August 2011.
29th September 2010, 08:18 PM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahathi.n View Post
i am studiying my b.tech 3 rd year i am unable to decide what to do after my b.tech. Either go for G.R.E or for a job or try for any of the government service can u please help me out
Dear Friend
Its a very common question that strikes an engineering student specially during their third year because it is the time really when one starts thinking of what really he/she has/should to do in future.

The solution is very simple. Prepare for GRE from now on if you have interests in your engineering even a bit. You can refer Barron's book for GRE. work hard and appear GRE next year. You can take date of the examination as per your convenience within a certain span of time. ie. after Aug2k11 to Nov2k11.
Preparing for GRE is not going to affect your Job. Your technical knowledge of your branch would be required in both taking up a job or going for higher studies. So, you should not be careless about our course and study that too in parallel. A simple review every week is sufficient.

If you get GRE score more than 1400/1600 then it would be easy to get scholarships. After that you will have to appear TOEFL(Test of English as a Foreign Language). The score of TOEFL is necessary to apply in most of the foreign universities. 90+ out of 120 is a fairly good score.

In parallel to all this play of GRE you also try for jobs. If you finally get admission in a good college in foreign then don't join the job.
Being focused completely for your ultimate goal is a good thing but this is a world of competition and you always should have back up plan.

If you don't get admission in MS this year go for a job try after 2 years then you will get a good college and a good scholarship too even at 1200 score.
Try your best everywhere.
29th September 2010, 08:19 PM
vishuraj2007
Member+

Hi mahathi,

It depends upon your interest, in which field you want to go.
If you want to get higher specialized education from topmost university in world then GRE will be preferable, but for GRE a good academic record and fluency in English is compulsory.
Otherwise it will be more beneficial to try for a job.
29th September 2010, 08:28 PM
mohit brh

yes GRE is best for you after completing B.tech but you can also do job in government sector but it depend upon your interest . for more detail visit.
www.greguide.com/
www.ets.org/gre/
www.onestopgre.com/
29th September 2010, 08:48 PM
kool
Senior Member++

dear friend,

Its just a question about your interest, what you want to do next after B.Tech?

No doubt many graduates appear in exam of GRE for the foreign education in different foreign university like:
Columbia University
Clemson University
Colorado Technical University & a lot.

If you want to do further education in foreign then GRE test will be better career option for you.

Other wise you can do job as well as M.Tech in India through GATE exam.

Choice is yours.

good luck.
29th September 2010, 09:30 PM
kool
Senior Member++

Thumbs up Re: Is GRE good after B.Tech?

dear friend,

Its just a question about your interest, what you want to do next after B.Tech?

No doubt many graduates appear in exam of GRE for the foreign education in different foreign university like:
Columbia University
Clemson University
Texas Tech University
University of Houston
Boston University & a lot.

If you want to do further education in foreign then GRE test will be better career option for you.

Other wise you can do job as well as M.Tech in India through GATE exam.

Choice is yours.

good luck.
29th September 2010, 10:20 PM
teeks
Senior Member+

yes it is good before and after b.tech ok .................
30th September 2010, 07:32 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

The Graduate Record Examination (G.R.E) is a test which is an admission requirement for graduate schools in English speaking countries. You see, the test measures your writing skills, your verbal and quantitative reasoning and your critical thinking. You can get more information regarding the GRE in this site www.ets.org, If you are interested in government services, B.Tech freshers have opportunities to join companies like BSNl, Indian Oil, and ISRO etc. . They have jobs available for freshers to gain experience.
30th September 2010, 07:51 PM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

hi,
its very simple,if you want to go for an higher education from foreign countries then go for gre.
if want to settle down in your life and want an relatively tension free job then go for government services job.
i would like to add that these days the packages offered by the Indian government is really good these days
all the best
1st October 2010, 07:48 PM
Mansi Gandhi

its absolutely your choice whether what you want to do........
every point has its good and bad aspects .
i feel that you should start a job and do GRE side by side so that your future will be more bright.....
19th March 2011, 06:41 PM
Unregistered

I'm Shilpa.I'm in 4th year now, so I want to know whether it would be beneficial for me to give GRE exam after completing my B.Tech degree in June,2011.Also can you give the details of when GRE exams are going to be held in 2011 and how to apply for the same.
4th June 2011, 01:52 PM
Unregistered

plz. tell me what is the fee structure there in foreign universities.....
25th June 2011, 10:16 PM
Unregistered

what shud be the score in gre for m.s in automobiles in top universiities of germany n u.s.a.
30th August 2011, 01:31 PM
ANIAAAAANNNNNIIIII00000

Dear friend,
GRE is a great option after B.Tech.I am giving you some idea about GRE.
What is GRE?
GRE (Graduate Record Examination) is required when you want to get Doctor of Philosophy or Master’s degree in US universities.

If you score good in GRE your life will be change,and jobs you will get after this will be very prestigious and minimum starting salary will be between 50000 to 80000.
I am giving you the details of the test pattern:

Structure of GRE

Analogies,Antonyms, Sentence Completions,Reading Comprehension,Quantitative Comparison Problem Solving, Analytical Writing Ability,Subject Test

All the best
26th October 2011, 06:48 PM
srikanthreddypalwai

Quote:
hii friend...here i can help you...if you have interest in higher studies then go for it....because getting a post graduation degree is always better ................

hope it helps you.........
26th October 2011, 07:51 PM
sathish0038

Quote:
hello friend,

see, GRE is a test through this you can do higher study from abroad.
you see, if you are interested to work with your field then you must do mtech.

specially if you want to do research oriented jobs, then MTech is compulsary.

but if you are not interested to work in your engineering field, then it is essential to do MBA.

but one things you shoud remember, for getting promotion in company, MBA is essentially required.

so GRE is good after B.Tech.

all the best........
26th October 2011, 07:52 PM
sathish0038

Quote:
dear friend

Yes definately !

GRE is good after completing your B.tech, And this graduate or business degree can give you a big career advantage in future.

After passing this test, you will get a chance to study in abroad. The GRE General Test measures verbal reasoning, quantitative reasoning, critical thinking and analytical writing skills that are not related to any specific field of study.

So, after clear this test, you will get a chance to get admission in these given colleges offering Masters in Electronics and instrumentation in US -

Carnegie Mellon University
Pittsburgh, PA
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering

Clemson University
Clemson, SC

Colorado Springs, CO

Colorado Technical University Denver Campus
Greenwood Village, CO

Columbia University
New York, NY
Department of Electrical Engineering
27th October 2011, 12:05 AM
amuyoga

Thumbs up Re: Is GRE good after B.Tech?

gradual recxord examination is the exam,usually written to pursue MS programme in USA..
this is the good career option after b.tech to get large pay in placements..
this will be the best choice for you.

all the best..
27th October 2011, 12:09 PM
abhin91
Member+

The Graduate Record Examinations (GRE) is a standardized test that is an admissions requirement for many graduate schools in the United States,[1] in other English-speaking countries and for English-taught graduate and business programs world-wide.

The GRE General Test is offered as a computer-based, computer adaptive exam administered by selected qualified testing centers; however, paper-based exams are offered in areas of the world where computer-based testing is not available.
It is a very good option after B.tech for PG studies abroad at world recognized universities.
For preparation of this exam refer :

Barron's New GRE: The Leader In Test Preparation (With CD-ROM) (Paperback)
by Sharon Weiner Green, Ira K. Wolf
Publisher: Barron's Educational Series (Jul 2011)
Price: Rs.1756
15th June 2012, 04:15 PM
Unregistered

please enlighten me more about GRE. what are the scopes nd the fields you can opt after your MS through GRE?
15th June 2012, 07:21 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

By giving GRE you will get a good chance of studying abroad.
So that will only open new doors for you in the near future.

But since you are confused I would suggest you to give the exam and at the same time look for a job. If you get a good college well and good as otherwise the option of looking for a job is always there to fall back on.

So just give it a shot.

Good luck
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?