20th August 2010, 09:01 PM
sonycoolpundit

Good percentage in B.tech but less percentage in 12th class, any chance to get good IT jobs in software industry?

hiiiiiii i m a b.tech 3rd yr student of IT.i got 86% in 10th and i hav scored 7.3cgpa average consistently.But unfortunately i have had 47% only in my 12th due to my negligence. whether any good jobs r there for me or not?????one thing i m expecting 8.0 cgpa this time so pls suggest ....i m helpless ....waiting...
thanx in advance...

Related Questions:
  1. How can i get a job in IT/software field with less percentage marks in 12th and college?
  2. Job after B.E (ECE) with 54% aggregated marks?
  3. Will there be problem of getting core companies job if my 10th and 12th marks percentage is less? -- [New]
  4. How should i prepare for joining government jobs after Matriculation?
  5. Whether scoring 85% is enough to demand a new phone from parents? Can I get good jobs with this percentage?
  6. How can I get a good job after completing MBA with good marks? I've got 67% in 10th, 78% in 12th and 56% marks in B.Com undergraduate
  7. Is it possible for me to get a software job if I have scored less percentage marks in B.E?
  8. How can I enter in Software companies like TCS, Infosys, Microsoft etc.?
  9. What to do after scoring less percentage in 10th and 12th?
  10. Low percentage in 10th will affect my future studies?
  11. Details about government jobs which are available after B.Tech? Eligibility criteria and percentage? Is government job better than the private?
  12. Can a B.Tech candidate good for Banking Job?
  13. Can I secure a job in software industry after scoring less than 60%?
  14. Which engineering college will be suitable for me after scoring 70 percentile in HSC Gujarat?
  15. Why most of the IT Companies do require 10th & 12th class percentage? List of the IT companies which allow me? I have 55.75% marks in 12th
  16. Which Mtech streams get high salary packages jobs? -- [Most Discussed]
  17. Can I get a good job like BHEL, NTPC, ESSAR after scoring 58% in 12th
  18. Jobs for btech graduates with less than 60 percentage?
20th August 2010, 10:36 PM
richa420
Banned

Smile Re: Good percentage in B.tech but less percentage in 12th class, any chance to get good IT jobs in software industry?

frnd

don't worry , u can get job in various gov.sector like indian army,airforce,Navy,Indian railway.

u can also appear for IES. u can also get job in software company like SATYAM Tech. Mahindra.

best of luck
20th August 2010, 10:54 PM
Adarshxxx
Senior Member+

Default Re: Good percentage in B.tech but less percentage in 12th class, any chance to get good IT jobs in software industry?

Dear frend,
plz dont be dishearted if you got less marks in 10+2.......if you have good marks in b.tech then definately there are many IT companies that dont want higher percentage in 10+2.......so js keep trying.......
wish you all the best!!!!!!!!
21st August 2010, 12:21 AM
Bishwajit Giri
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Good percentage in B.tech but less percentage in 12th class, any chance to get good IT jobs in software industry?

Dear student,
U have very good percentage in 10th as well as cgpa is 7.3 means u r a meritorious student.

but for less no. in 12th u may not sit or apply in MNCs like TCS,CTS,INFOSYS
etc

but dont worry as u r a good student u may prepare for higher study or get ready in apti,varbal portion as u can clear the aptitude test in any company

there r so many small company,u can join those compny,after experience
u can apply in MNCs
Best of luck
21st August 2010, 12:36 AM
jomson varghese

Thumbs up Re: Good percentage in B.tech but less percentage in 12th class, any chance to get good IT jobs in software industry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonycoolpundit View Post
hiiiiiii i m a b.tech 3rd yr student of IT.i got 86% in 10th and i hav scored 7.3cgpa average consistently.But unfortunately i have had 47% only in my 12th due to my negligence. whether any good jobs r there for me or not?????one thing i m expecting 8.0 cgpa this time so pls suggest ....i m helpless ....waiting...
thanx in advance...
dear friend,
dont worry man.IT software industry calling the jobs depending upon the B tech percentage.min % in B tech is 60% marks.so you got good job after the course.At the begining of job for freshers not have good salary.but you got more salary after some experience in company..so be cool.
thank you
21st August 2010, 12:52 AM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Dear friend
Your marks in 10th is very good and that tells that you had become careless after 10th and that is a negative impression.
By the way, you can't change the past. You just can try for a good future. So, just be good in technical knowledge. Practice them well and leave rest on companies.
If your technical knowledge is good then only you could have a chance to get a job.
If you become good in your subject then you can score well in GATE and on the basis of that you could get a good college for Mtech. After that getting a job would be much easier.
21st August 2010, 01:21 AM
robart
Senior Member+

dear friend,

you can't get jobs in top software companies like TCS, WIBPRO, INFOSYS etc.

because their minimum qualification is 65 % in 1oth, 12th, b.tech.so you can apply foe other software companies.

best of luck.
21st August 2010, 10:42 AM
shivdayal sharma

most of it firm require 60% in 12th, but u join some small organization get experienced than Chang the job
21st August 2010, 10:48 AM
shubham957

Quote:
thanx in advance...
you are having very good cgpa in btech and you must be known to the fact that many companies ask for 60% or above marks in 12th class to sit in the interview. So don,t loose your heart. Maybe in the starting you won,t be getting high salary job but once you get experience of 1 or 2 year, you will good salary jobs also. You can post your resume on
www.naukri.com
www.monster.com
to find jobs for yourself
21st August 2010, 12:10 PM
Adarshxxx
Senior Member+

hi..........frnd.......
i am very sorry.....u percentage is very lowthan minimum soft.ware criteria...
u should choose govt. sector....or u hav any source then u will get the job in good software company.........
21st August 2010, 01:34 PM
August
Senior Member+

dear friend

most of the software companies demand 60% throughout your career.

as u have 47% in 12th. it will create problems 4 u.

i will suggest u to apply for govt. jobs like

BANKS

RAILWAY

DEFENCE

UPSC

all the best.
21st August 2010, 01:35 PM
August
Senior Member+

dear friend

most of the software companies demand 60% throughout your career.

as u have 47% in 12th. it will create problems 4 u.

i will suggest u to apply for govt. jobs like

BANKS

RAILWAY

DEFENCE

UPSC

all the best.
21st August 2010, 03:40 PM
mohit brh

Dear friend,
there are some company which is eligibility criteria 60% or 65% in 10th ,12th and B.Tech also but many companies does not require so there is no problem you can apply in many company and you have good marks in B.Tech so do'nt worry.

all the best
21st August 2010, 04:03 PM
anurag kumar

Location: H.No.-101, first floor, dagar house, bijwasan New Delhi-110061.

dear friend there is nothing impossible to get in the life if you have the talent and confidence in yourself also there is no matter that how much you got in the 12th and 10th instead of that what you have in your BTech. that is more benficial for you and it shows that how you increase your study level in that period.
good luck.
21st August 2010, 04:10 PM
cenaetion
Senior Member+

dear friend,

As u have got 47% in 12th.. so , there is less possibility to get good job in IT sector...
because most of the software companies want at least 60%... so i don't think that u have any chance to get good job in IT sector..

so ,I m sorry......
21st August 2010, 04:19 PM
cenaetion
Senior Member+

dear friend,

As u have got 47% in 12th.. so , there is less possibility to get good job in IT sector...
because most of the software companies want at least 60%... so i don't think that u have any chance to get good job in IT sector..

so ,I m sorry......
21st August 2010, 05:02 PM
mukeshbhadoriya

Smile Re: Good percentage in B.tech but less percentage in 12th class, any chance to get good IT jobs in software industry?

there are some company which taken graduation percentage for consideration and you dont worry .
21st August 2010, 07:26 PM
kool
Senior Member++

dear friend,
No doubt your marks of 12th will create problem for you in future to get a job in IT industry.

Now a days most of the well known companies like TCS,IBM,Infosys,WIPRO etc put criteria of minimum 60% through out.

You will not be eligible for these companies, but so many other companies also recruits students as per their talent not by 60% marks.

& after getting job experience you can switch to any well known companies, because at that time companies will select you by your job experience.

kindly don't take any tension in your mind, & read carefully your departmental subjects.

good luck.
21st August 2010, 11:30 PM
compaq123
Senior Member+

yes,you can join it software field and your b.tech percentage is good,you can also apply govt jobs.
good luck
22nd August 2010, 11:05 AM
Saikiran M

Thumbs up Reply by... MASK

Hello Friend,

It Looks like you are much worried about your carrier.Indeed it is good. Let me tell you a general fact, In the market of IT industry the organisations need the ""genuine professional programmers"" if you know what i mean. I have been a part of recruitment team in few jobfairs, interviews, as such. As far as what my knowledge and experience goes, the efficient and eligible individuals never face obstacles in their carrier in the recent IT industry (year 2010).

If you have a poor or average performance in your academics, you will definitely have to face some hurdles in your carrier. But in the end, only your skill, talent and hardwork will make your endeavours succeed.

so start working hard and stop worrying. i'm not just saying it but i mean it.

Good luck my dear friend.

Thank you.
MASK
22nd August 2010, 01:09 PM
Saikiran M

thanx in advance..
29th August 2010, 11:11 PM
Unregistered

i mhaving more than 60% marks in b.tech and 10th but i m having 58% in 12th,so please tell me name of some IT companies where i can apply.
shahbaz khan b.tech 4th yr (IT)
30th August 2010, 12:33 AM
Raj333

DEAR FRIEND
for getting job in software field. you will work hard because you get less percentage in 12th class .due to this you will get maximum chances in off campusing. for off campusing eligibility criteria is different and it is very tough to compete. you will also get chance in pull campus.

best of luck..........................
30th August 2010, 03:14 PM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i mhaving more than 60% marks in b.tech and 10th but i m having 58% in 12th,so please tell me name of some IT companies where i can apply.
shahbaz khan b.tech 4th yr (IT)
hi,
most of the major companies ask for more than 60% in 12th also,
so you may not get an job in big companies straight away,
what you have to do is work in some small firm and gain some experience in the field then you can apply for the major companies,
if you have experience then you need worry about your percentage
all the best
30th August 2010, 04:42 PM
KHAN20

Thumbs up Re: Good percentage in B.tech but less percentage in 12th class, any chance to get good IT jobs in software industry?

dear frind
why not,obviously u get good it insoftware industry.there r some company likes 1.TCS
2.INFOSYS
3.IBM
etc r want at leat 60% in ur 12th.bt u don't worry there r other so many company like
1.cynergy.
2.bpo.
3.asergent
etc r avalable .u just prepare urself for exam .and i think u will be sucessful.
good luck.
30th August 2010, 08:38 PM
Shagun Makin

Quote:
thanx in advance...
Dear friend,

It does not matter most as first of all they will see your percentage in your engineering stream.
As you have consistently performed good in that so you will get more benefit of that.

Most companies are not concerned with the marks,they just see is the student capable of working in their through his walking,speaking,dressing style.

So first ll these things matter then comes the marks.

So if you are good in all that then there will not be any problem for you.
30th August 2010, 11:04 PM
shipra saxena

Quote:
thanx in advance...
if you have good marks in b.tech then definately there are many IT companies that dont want higher percentage in 10+2........
all the best
30th August 2010, 11:12 PM
shipra saxena

Quote:
thanx in advance...
you may not sit or apply in MNCs like TCS,CTS,INFOSYS
etc

but dont worry u may prepare for higher study or get ready in apti,varbal portion as u can clear the aptitude test in any company
all the best
31st August 2010, 12:01 AM
Unregistered

try out going with recommendation, if there are any of your friends or relatives... but you should be technically solid
31st August 2010, 04:22 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Some of the IT companies like TCS,Infosys demand 60% marks from 10th till graduation/post graduation.But you can try in some other companies .Most of the companies look into graduation marks.So you can get offers from good IT companies.
31st August 2010, 11:28 PM
ansh_ansh
Senior Member++++

dear friends,
most of the reputed IT compnay require 60% marks through out the acadmic carrier,

but appart from this there is also many compnay which does not require

any marks barrier in the 12th,

some company only requires b.tech marks.
1st September 2010, 12:19 AM
princearyan
Senior Member+

do not worry my friend ...
you try searching more and keep confidence ....
if you will get job there after your experience is important..
good luck
5th September 2010, 03:12 PM
Unregistered

thank u all......
11th September 2010, 04:33 PM
Unregistered

hiiii i had passed my AMIE in 1994 in mech. After that i took job in many different fields like teaching and industries as well.Now i have passed the BEE certification exam in energy manager in the year 2008.pls tell what r the govt. and pvt. opportunities in this area.
thanx in adv.
12th September 2010, 04:09 PM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

there are few company for which you will not be eligible to serve to their company due to your low marks in 12th standard. they demand minimum of 60% marks throughout the career. but do not worry there also so many company which recruit employee those have less than 60% marks also. but good marks in 12 is a very important for preference. i will suggest you study the subject carefully. try to earn a very good concept also learn some practical work. take proper training from institution. after that just show your knowledge at the time of recruitment. surely you will get job in IT software industry. best of luck.
14th September 2010, 09:20 AM
NITIN2
Senior Member+

Dear friend

don not be dishearted,as you have done good in your BTech,so certainly you will get

chance in various software company like satyam tech mahindra.

My friend you can join defence services also.The salary is very high and facility in

defence services is lot.There are various entry scheme for the engineers to join defense

services. various scheme are as follows:

UES(university entry scheme) : through this scheme ,you have to face direct interview

and after getting success you will be call for SSB. you can appear for this in your 3rd

year and 4th year.

2.EKT(engineering knowledge test): Through this scheme you have to give a written test ,after completing this stage you will be call for SSB.

3. SSC(short service commission) : In this scheme,also you have to appear

for written test.After clearing written test you will be called for AFSB.Actually in this

scheme, you will be commissioned for 15 years in the force.

NOTE : Friend,for the preparation of written test ,you should read the mechanics,

math,physics that you have read in 1st year.

best of luck
15th September 2010, 09:28 PM
Unregistered

those frendz who got less then 60% do'nt frustate.i tell u one of my frend working in a company on the basis of a simple couse which he had done in before 8th standard in software field currently he's earning 40000 pm and the good news for all of u that he not studied in btech.........strange but truth.........but the reason behind that he join the software
company after 12th in and also his score is less than 60% but that time 2005 i.t was on top........
so do'nt be depressed work hard and try to take job in any software company after 1-2 year experience u can apply for mnc's like tcs and wipro .......all the best
15th September 2010, 11:56 PM
mini rani
Senior Member++

HI!

It is true that many companies coming for campus recruitment require at least 60% throughout the applicant’s educational life. So a score of less than 60% at 12th might pose some problems for you.

But tdon't loose heart there are companies which require less than 60% (mostly 50% or 45%) as a cut off for appearing in campus recruitment.

You should go through the minimum educational requirement of companies coming for campus placement & ensure that you fulfil all the criteria before applying for a job.
16th September 2010, 02:02 AM
poplu13
Senior Member+

hey you need not worry about your 12th percentage...once which is gone cant come back and one which is coming will be in your hands...you will have plenty of job opportunities in future...but first you need to be focused on what you are doing now....you have to focus on your B,tech career...you will surely successfully get a good job in fututre..

good luck !!
23rd September 2010, 07:14 PM
Unregistered

dear friends m student of B.Tech(CS), i got 81% in 10th,nd my b.Tech % is above 75...but i got only 55% in 12th due to some serious reason....now as my placmnt tym come nearer ,m feeling soo deprssed due to my 12th %.....cn anybody hlp me in dis conditoin dt wat ll my future in S/W field???? pls help me!!!!!!!
25th September 2010, 01:26 AM
subhash1206

Quote:
thanx in advance...
dear you should do some thing
2.EKT(engineering knowledge test): Through this scheme you have to give a written test ,after completing this stage you will be call for SSB.

3. SSC(short service commission) : In this scheme,also you have to appear

for written test.After clearing written test you will be called for AFSB.Actually in this

scheme, you will be commissioned for 15 years in the force.
26th September 2010, 09:34 PM
Unregistered

DEAR SIR,
I'm a b.tech 4th year student of ece. i got 70% in class X BUT UNFORTUNATELY I have had 48% on class XII. MY CGPA IS 7.1 consistently. am I ELIGIBLE FOR GATE exam? I'll be thankfull if you inform me.
REGARDS
DINA
27th September 2010, 11:31 PM
yogeshkumarsoni

Dear student,
U have very good percentage in 10th as well as cgpa is 7.3 means u r a meritorious student.

but for less no. in 12th u may not sit or apply in MNCs like TCS,CTS,INFOSYS
etc

but dont worry as u r a good student u may prepare for higher study or get ready in apti,varbal portion as u can clear the aptitude test in any company

there r so many small company,u can join those compny,after experience
u can apply in MNCs
Best of luck
28th September 2010, 11:01 AM
teeks
Senior Member+

ok as you have % in 12th then also you can get good job on your skill basis you should submit your cv on the websit
www.fresherworld.com
28th September 2010, 11:44 AM
Unregistered

i have 59% in 12th ,48% in graduation and 68% in MCA is it create problem for me to get a job in IT companies
28th September 2010, 05:00 PM
brainiac

do not get discouraged by your marks. of course there are ups and down in life, all you need is faith and confidence on yourself.
there are many companies which do take students according to their B.Tech grade, you can get a job there and once you gain experience you can easily switch to many larger firms and mnc's like TCS, CTS, etc..

so best of luck for your future
30th September 2010, 08:05 PM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello friend

as your Btech marks are good but marks in 10th and 12th are low.

so you will face in the problem during campusing time.

as maximum companies want 60% marks, throughout of career.

so you can't appear those interviews.

so it will be better to attain the interview in the small company.

best of luck.............
1st October 2010, 05:24 PM
Mansi Gandhi

that good for you if you are getting good score in college but try to reach upto 9..........
ya it can affect a bit for you but if you do the best in last year of your Btech .. the 12th percentage will surely be neglected because always the average is seen which will surely be high......
so dont worrry and be happy........
study hard............
2nd October 2010, 09:04 PM
Unregistered

i am 3rd yr mca student. i have 63% ssc, 53% in 12th, 56% in degree. but i am maintaining 74% in m.c.a.
so i am not eligible for placements. please tell me how can i get good job in software field.
which companies are recruting the students who have less than 60% in 12th and degree
4th October 2010, 06:34 PM
Unregistered

i'm final yr it student i hav got 75% in 10th nd i got 59.8% in 12th nd my cgpa s 7.2 plz tell me some of the I.T. companies where i can apply.......
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?