3rd December 2010, 12:23 AM
munisprabu

Group 1 main exam syllabus?

Please list out the group 1 main exam sylabus and elective papers.

3rd December 2010, 09:22 PM
RAKESH KUMAR.N
Senior Member+

Default Re: Group 1 main exam syllabus?

This is the syllabus for degree student

(OBJECTIVE TYPE)

DEGREE STANDARD
Code: 001

(For all examination except for group I services - main Examination)

SYLLABUS.

The paper on general knowledge will include questions covering the following fields of knowledge: General science, current events of national and international importance , history and culture of India, geography, Indian polity, Indian economy, Indian national movement and freedom struggle, mental ability tests and other related fields.

Questions on general science will cover general appreciation and understanding of science, including matters of every day observation and experience as may be expected of a well educated person who has not made a special study of any scientific discipline. In history emphasis will be on broad general understanding of the subject in its social, economic, political aspects; social and cultural heritage of India emphasizing unity in diversity . In geography emphasis will be on geography of India including the physical, social, economic geography and on the main features of Indian agriculture and natural resources. Questions on Indian polity and economy will test knowledge on the country’s political, executive, judicial system, panchayat raj, rural and community development, and economic planning in India. Questions on Indian national movement will relate to the nature and character of the nineteenth century resurgence, growth of nationalism and attainment of independence. General mental ability test will include analysis of classified data, logical and behavioral reasoning, analogies, school arithmetic, numerical ability and basic concepts of computers. Current events will include latest developments on all the fields detailed above including science and technology.

NOTE: About 20 % of the questions in this paper shall be exclusively with reference to Tamil, Tamil nadu, language and literature, culture and heritage of its people.

GENERAL STUDIES
(Descriptive type)
( for group I services main examination-TWO PAPERS)
SYLLABUS.

PAPER-1

1. Modern history of India and Indian culture
2. Current events of national and international importance
3. Statistical analysis , graphs and diagrams
4. Social problems and other current sensitive issues

PAPER-2

1. Indian polity
2. Indian economy and geography of India
3. Role and impact of science and technology in the development of India
4. Tamil language, Tamil society, its culture and heritage
5. Tamil Nadu administration

Modern history of India and Indian culture will cover the broad history of the country from about the middle of the nineteenth century (advent of European invasion) and would include questions on Gandhi, Tagore, Nehru and Periyar. Statistical analysis, graphs and diagrams will include exercises to test the candidates ability to draw commonsense conclusions from information presented in statistical, graphical and diagrammatical form and to point out deficiencies, limitations and inconsistencies therein. Social problems and sensitive issues will include problems like bonded labour, child labour, gender bias, minorities, SC/ST, illiteracy, poverty, employment etc.

Indian polity will include questions on constitution of India, and Political System in India. On Indian economy and geography, questions will be put on planning in India and the physical, economic, social geography of India. On role and impact of science and technology, questions will be asked to test the candidate’s awareness of the latest developments in science and technology with special emphasis on applied aspects. Under Tamil language and culture questions will be put to test the candidate’s general awareness on those topics. Tamil Nadu administration will cover topics in general administration like organizational structure, functions, control, social welfare oriented programmes etc.

Best of luck
3rd December 2010, 09:23 PM
RAKESH KUMAR.N
Senior Member+

This is for PG in Group 1 exam

GENERAL STUDIES
(DESCRIPTIVE TYPE)

( for group I services main examination-TWO PAPERS)

SYLLABUS.

PAPER-1

PAPER-2

1. Indian polity

Modern history of India and Indian culture will cover the broad history of the country from about the middle of the nineteenth century (advent of European invasion) and would include questions on Gandhi, Tagore, Nehru and Periyar. Statistical analysis, graphs and diagrams will include exercises to test the candidates ability to draw commonsense conclusions from information presented in statistical, graphical and diagrammatical form and to point out deficiencies, limitations and inconsistencies therein. Social problems and sensitive issues will include problems like bonded labour, child labour, gender bias, minorities, SC/ST, illiteracy, poverty, employment etc.

Indian polity will include questions on constitution of India, and Political System in India. On Indian economy and geography, questions will be put on planning in India and the physical, economic, social geography of India. On role and impact of science and technology, questions will be asked to test the candidate’s awareness of the latest developments in science and technology with special emphasis on applied aspects. Under Tamil language and culture questions will be put to test the candidate’s general awareness on those topics. Tamil Nadu administration will cover topics in general administration like organizational structure, functions, control, social welfare oriented programmes etc.

FOR MAIN WRITTEN EXAMINATION
POST GRADUATE STANDARD
Code: 001

1 Modern History of India and Indian Culture.

2 Current events of national and international importance.

3 Statistical analysis, graphs and diagrams.

4 Indian Polity

5 Indian economy and Geography of India and

6 The role and impact of science and technology in the development of India Modern History of India and Indian Culture will cover the broad history of the country from about the middle of the nineteenth century and would also include questions on Gandhi, Tagore, Nehru and Periyar the part relating to Statistical analysis, graphs and diagrams will include exercises to test the candidate's ability to draw commonsense conclusions from information presented in statistical, graphical or diagrammatical form and to point out deficiencies, limitations or inconsistencies therein. The part relating to Indian Polity, will include questions on the political systems in India, In the part pertaining to the Indian Economy and Geography of India, questions will be put on planning in India and the Physical, Economic and social Geography of Tamil Nadu. In the third part relating to the role and impact of science and technology in the development of India, questions will be asked to test the candidate's awareness of the role and impact of science and technology in India, emphasis will be on applied aspects.

Note : - Some of the questions asked in these papers shall be exclusively with reference to Tamil Nadu.

best of luck
2nd March 2011, 03:39 PM
Somesh Goenka
Senior Member+++

The group I Main exam syllabus for the Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission is as follows:

The exam consists of 2 papers:

GENERAL STUDIES(DESCRIPTIVE TYPE):

PAPER-1

PAPER-2

1. Indian polity

*Statistical analysis, graphs and diagrams will include exercises to test the candidates ability to draw commonsense conclusions from information presented in statistical, graphical and diagrammatical form and to point out deficiencies, limitations and inconsistencies therein.

*Modern history of India and Indian culture will cover the broad history of the country from about the middle of the nineteenth century (advent of European invasion) and would include questions on Gandhi, Tagore, Nehru and Periyar.

*Indian polity will include questions on constitution of India, and Political System in India.

*Social problems and sensitive issues will include problems like bonded labour, child labour, gender bias, minorities, SC/ST, illiteracy, poverty, employment etc.

*On role and impact of science and technology, questions will be asked to test the candidate’s awareness of the latest developments in science and technology with special emphasis on applied aspects.

*On Indian economy and geography, questions will be put on planning in India
and the physical, economic, social geography of India.

*Tamil Nadu administration will cover topics in general administration like organizational structure, functions, control, social welfare oriented programmes etc.

*Under Tamil language and culture questions will be put to test the candidate’s general awareness on those topics.

For more details on syllabus, please visit:

http://www.tnpsc.gov.in/syllabus.htm

Important Dates:

Date of Group I Preliminary Exams:05-06-2011 FN
16th April 2011, 12:03 AM
Taurus007

hii

: Group 1 main exam syllabus
The group I Main exam syllabus for the Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission is as follows:
The exam consists of 2 papers:
GENRAL STUDIES(DESCRIPTIVE TYPE):
PAPER-1
PAPER-2
1. Indian polity

good luck
9th June 2011, 05:36 PM
Unregistered

PLEASE TELL ME ABOUT GROUP I EXAMS AND QUALIFICATION AND TOTAL SYLLABUS
3rd July 2011, 11:54 AM
Unregistered

pls tell me group 1 syllabus?
8th July 2011, 08:44 AM
Unregistered

group1 main exam syllabus
12th September 2011, 03:43 PM
Unregistered

what is qalification of group 1.
17th September 2011, 02:23 PM
Unregistered

do the syllabus varies based on the students educational qualification?
17th September 2011, 07:33 PM
Unregistered

If i join as an SI In incometax via ssc , what is de maximum promotion for me till i retire . My age is 25 wen i join as si . OBC category.
26th September 2011, 11:22 PM
Unregistered

can a b.tech candidate write group-1 exam ?
27th September 2011, 10:24 AM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

hi dear
your question is incomplete you have not mention about which exam .
for which i am confused to answer your question ..
here is TNPSC group 1 exam syllabus details....

good luck........
6th October 2011, 10:01 AM
Unregistered

what is the syllabus for appsc group 1 prilims
14th October 2011, 04:35 PM
Unregistered

group 1 syllabus for 2012
14th October 2011, 09:07 PM
venkataprakash.v
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by munisprabu View Post
Please list out the group 1 main exam sylabus and elective papers.
The Paper is full of General Knowledge and the topics are :-

General Science

Current events of national and international importance

History and Culture of India

Geography

Indian Polity

Indian Economy

Indian National Movement and freedom struggle

Mental ability tests and other related fields.

Syllabus :-

Paper - 1

1)Modern history of India and Indian Culture
2)Currents events of national and international importance
3)Statistics analysis,graphs and diagrams
4)Social problems and other current sensitive issues

Paper - 2

1)Indian Polity
2)Indian economy and geography of India
3)Role and Impact of science and technology in the development of India
4)Tamil Language,Tamil Society,its culture and heritage
5)Tamil Nadu administration

Eligibility :-

The candidate need to complete the graduation from a recognized university.

The candidate age should be 21 years and 30 years.

More details,Visit the official website :- www.upsc.gov.in
15th October 2011, 01:33 PM
Unregistered

can a B.A student write a group1 exams.how much percentage did want for qualification.
15th October 2011, 07:33 PM
saasmari
Senior Member++

Dear pal,
you need to prepare based on the below syllabus in order to achieve more marks in the exam .To become top scorer you need to put more efforts.The syllabus for the exam is
PAPER-1
PAPER-2
1. Indian polity
18th October 2011, 08:09 PM
Unregistered

wat's the syllabus for degree level standard?
24th November 2011, 11:24 PM
Unregistered

Hi
i would like to prepare for Group1 exams, is there a chance to select some papers in Teluigu and some papers in English ?
29th November 2011, 06:07 PM
Unregistered

we want preliminary syllabus ...
29th November 2011, 08:22 PM
Unregistered

can a btech student can apply for group exam...
29th November 2011, 10:35 PM
Unregistered

Btech(4-2) final year students are eligible to group1 ?
30th November 2011, 11:55 AM
Unregistered

Sir...An engineering student can apply for group 1 exams.....
2nd December 2011, 01:18 PM
Unregistered

I am studying b.com[general] 2nd year through distance education, I am doing marketing job

am i eligible to Group-1, 2011 please reply me.................
5th December 2011, 12:25 AM
Unregistered

can a b.tech ece completed student apply appsc group1/and wt is the syllabus plzzzzzz post to [email protected]
12th December 2011, 03:24 PM
Unregistered

hi,
what is the syllabus for prelims and mains exams for appsc group-1. whts the manner for applying the groups how we apply . pls explain the pattern for applying and how to prepare for gaining the rank
26th December 2011, 05:45 PM
Unregistered

can u suggest me how to prepare for group 1 exam to get a best rank(wat type syllabus can i cover more at first,,,, etc......?) or send reply to my mail [email protected]
27th December 2011, 04:55 PM
Unregistered

As i am doing my M.Sc want to appear for group1 pls explain the pattern of preparing and getting rank .can u pls mention me the books to be followed
17th January 2012, 01:25 PM
Unregistered

sc/st students how much secured score in grand total for selections
27th January 2012, 09:23 PM
Unregistered

Hi,,,,, Iam studying btech(4-2) iam interested to write group1 so pls guide me what are the materials and how to prepare for exams and secure a rank .........pls help me...............
30th January 2012, 02:12 PM
vinay21feb
Senior Member+++

hi

Syllabus is
1.current affair
2.tamil knowledge.
3.world history.
4.some maths problems, that test your analytical skill.

Refer your 9th to 12th std tamil, history, geography books. Mostly questions came from these books

For general knowledge books visit this site
www.saidaiduraisamysmanidhaneyam.com
In this website every month they are releasing previous month some important news.
and read COMPETITION SUCCeSS book.
Refer quantitative aptitude by rs agarwal. It will help you in solving some maths tricky problems
and finally bought Ojective type books
TNPSC vettri nichayam by arul arasan

good luck
6th February 2012, 07:42 PM
Unregistered

i am prepare group1 exam but i d"not know how to prepare dis exam i mean i d"not know which syllabus i can prepare please tel him
6th March 2012, 04:47 PM
Unregistered

what is the pattern of group1 prelims. descriptive or objective.
2nd April 2012, 09:58 PM
Unregistered

please telme group 1 entrance test im wt fr
25th April 2012, 04:06 PM
onest

SYLLABUS.

PAPER-1

PAPER-2

1. Indian polity
17th July 2012, 05:54 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Group 1 main/civil/preliminary exam syllabus?

which of the services in group1..
pls tel me sir
15th February 2013, 01:11 PM
Unregistered

what are the books best to prepare for group1 prelims exam
29th March 2013, 11:51 AM
Unregistered

candidate with inter qualification can applyto group1 and group 2 exams??if possible tell me how it is and help a poor family!!!!!!!!!
19th June 2015, 09:52 PM
jamdade leena

How many percent syllabus of agriculture is useful for mpsc upsc exam?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?