13th May 2020, 09:57 PM
Unregistered

How about changing stream from Engineering to Medical and appear for NEET?

I am a first year student at VNIT Nagpur pursuing B.Tech Electrical Engineering. I want to do MBBS and join a medical college. I have PCM in 12th. How can I join and become eligible for NEET?

15th May 2020, 02:22 AM
Mantun Bhai

Default Re: How about changing stream from Engineering to Medical and appear for NEET?

The first thing I would like to let you know is that the minimum education required to appear in NEET (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test) is a Class 12th in Science stream with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as main subjects with at least 50% marks (or 45% marks in aggregate in case of candidates from SC/ST and PH category) in aggregate from a recognised board of education.

So, having completed your Class 12th with PCM group and pursuing B.Tech in Electrical Engineering degree course, to appear in NEET, you need to quit your B.Tech degree course and pursue higher secondary school degree once again but with PCB subject group combination this time.

For more details regarding NEET eligibility, you can refer to the link www.ntaneet.nic.in.
15th May 2020, 11:56 AM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How about changing stream from Engineering to Medical and appear for NEET?

The eligibility to appear for NEET is that candidate must have passed 12th in PCB as main paper from a recognised board.

So, you are not eligible to appear for the examination after 12th in PCM from a recognised board.

NEET is conducted by NTA. There is no upper age limit to pursue the course.
15th May 2020, 01:55 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

NEET stands for National Eligibility cum Entrance Test.

It is conducted by National Testing Agency for admission in medical colleges of India for MBBS, BDS course.

1. The academic qualification required for NEET exam is 12th passed from a recognized board with PCB subjects group.

2. Minimum of 50% marks in board exam is required.

For appearing for NEET exam, you will have to pursue 12th again with PCB subject group as you have done 12th with PCM subject, you cannot apply for NEET exam at present.

It will cost you academic years. If you donot like engineering course at all then you can think to change stream otherwise you can pursue with existing one to prevent wastage of time, money and academic energy.
31st December 2020, 09:07 AM
Unregistered

Hey, you are pursuing btech electrical engineering from vnit nagpur, call me 8623863923 if u have to pursue mbbs
31st December 2020, 09:10 AM
Unregistered

Hey you are pursuing electrical engineering in vnit nagpur call me on this number 8623863923 if you want to pursue mbbs immediately
31st December 2020, 09:46 AM
Kunal rangari

It is upto you if you want to you would do it. Nothing has changed If you are pursuing engineering but in between you want to pursue mbbs contact me 8623863923.
2nd January 2021, 10:58 AM
prynsh7

For appearing in NEET you must have passed 12th with PCB as your main subjects.

so at present you can't appear for NEET, You have to pursue 12th again with PCB subject group as you have done 12th with PCM subject.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?