23rd September 2019, 02:22 PM

How to apply domicile certificate in Andhra Pradesh?

I want my son to get admitted in Sainik School, Korukonda which is in Andhra Pradesh. So, is domicile certificate compulsory to be submitted with application form? If yes, then how can I apply for it?

8th December 2019, 01:42 PM
sagarika 199193
Senior Member+++

Default Re: How to apply domicile certificate in Andhra Pradesh?

Residence Certificate is known as Domicile Certificate which proves legal status of person's residential status. It needs to be furnished for various purposes whenever required. You should obtain the domicile certificate of your son as it can be used for many purposes as like admission to educational institute, getting state government jobs and many more. You can apply for domicile certificate by visiting nearest MeeSeva and get can issued certificate within a week after applying.

Benefits of Domicile Certificate
- It can be used in many situations to show your legal status of residence.
- It can be used for admission to educational institute for certain quotas.
- It can be used to get state government jobs.
- It can be used to apply for certain scholarships.
- It can be used to apply and obtain ration card.

Eligibility for Andhra Pradesh Domicile
- You must be a permanent resident of Andhra Pradesh state.
- You must be a resident of last seven years in Andhra Pradesh state.
- A women married a men who is a permanent resident of andhra pradesh can also eligible for getting domicile of andhra pradesh even though she is not belonging to andhra pradesh state.

Required Documents For Domicile Certificate
- Application Form in prescribed format.
- Identity Proof - Adhaar Card
- Address Proof (Any One)
- House Tax Receipt
- Property Details owned by your parents or guardian.
- Proof of ownership of land or property in Andhra Pradesh (If any).

AP Domicile Certificate Process
- Visit nearest MeeSeva center.
- Get application form and fill it with required details and purpose of domicile certificate.
- Submit application form with application fee Rs. 25/-.
- Get receipt with domicile certificate number. You will also receive a message on your registered mobile number and email ID.
- Concerned authority will process for your domicile certificate online and verify your documents and details.
- After verification, A competent authority will approve your domicile and issue you domicile certificate.
- You can also check your application status of domicile certificate online on MeeSeva.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?