1st January 2013, 04:08 PM
anushri dandekar

How to apply for IAS if I am a commerce student? What is the qualification needed?

Respected sir,
i am a commerce student sir....i want to know that if i want to apply for ias waht are the qualifications needed for that.......?

23rd May 2013, 12:29 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to apply for IAS if I am a commerce student? What is the qualification needed?

In order to apply for IAS, you must be a graduate. Graduation must be obtained in any subject. Age of the applicant must be less than 30 years. Selections are made through written exam, interview, and medical test. UPSC conducts civil services examination for the purpose.
29th December 2017, 04:57 PM
nishanth60

Default Re: How to apply for IAS if I am a commerce student? What is the qualification needed?

Qualifications required for IAS exam :
-> IAS exam is a part of civil services examination conducted by UPSC every year to recruit the candidates for police and administrative services.
-> Educational qualification required to apply for this exam is Bachelor degree in any discipline or an equivalent examination pass from UGC approved institution or university. Final year degree pursuing students are also eligible to apply.
-> Age limit to apply for this exam is 21-32 years and age relaxations are :
* 3 years for OBC candidates
* 5 years for Ex-servicemen and SC, ST candidates
-> And the candidate must be citizen of India and must be physically, mentally fit to apply for this exam.
-> And selection process of this IAS exam is preliminary exam, main exam, medical test and personal interview.
-> And number of attempts allowed are :
* 6 times for General candidates
* 9 times for OBC category and
* No such limit for SC and ST category candidates.
31st December 2017, 11:25 AM
randhirk.rk

Quote:
Originally Posted by anushri dandekar View Post
Respected sir,
i am a commerce student sir....i want to know that if i want to apply for ias waht are the qualifications needed for that.......?
To become an IAS (India Administrative Officer), you have to apply for the UPSC Civil Services Exams.

This exams is conducted for selection of posts like IAS, IPS, IFS etc.

This exam is conducted in three stages:
Prelims
Mains
Interviews

Educational Qualifications to appear in this exams:Graduation pass in any stream from an recognised University

Age Limit:Minimum 21 years for all candidates
Maximum age is 32 years for General category candidates
3 years age relation for OBC candidates
5 years for SC/ST candidates

Number of attempts:
6 attempts for general candidates.
9 attempts for OBC candidates.
No restriction for SC/ST candidates.

Next UPSC Civil services Prelims exams notification would be released by UPSC 7th february 2018
Last date to apply is 6th march 2018
UPSC prelims exams is on 3rd june 2018
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?