4th March 2011, 05:26 PM
heena_saxena

How to apply for off-campus placement for 6th semester B.Tech student?

i am an b.tech student and i m in 6th sem..... and i want to know what is the selection procedure in offline campus placement.......

Related Questions:
  1. Eligibility to attend TCS on-campus interview for a candidate who has secured 59% in B.Tech 6th semester?
  2. How should i prepare for off campus and on campus placements? I am a B.Tech 6th semester student
  3. How to apply for off-campus placement for 6th semester B.Tech student? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. What should I do to ensure that I will get a job in campus placement being a below average student?
  5. Am I eligible for campus placement after scoring 65% marks upto 4th semester in B.Tech? -- [New]
  6. Am I eligible for campus placement having 73% in 10th,65% in 12th and 5.99 CGPA till 6th semester in B.Tech?
  7. Will there be relaxation in TCS placement aggregate cutoff for the upcoming campus placements?
  8. Am I eligible for campus placement after scoring 86% in 10th, 81% in 12th and 60% in all semester
  9. What to do to get a Job in Infosys being a candidate of pursuing 6th semester of B.Tech from CSE?
  10. Will I be eligible to attend the campus interviews of Wipro, Accenture and Infosys after scoring 65% marks till 6th semester?
  11. Am I eligible for campus placement with 51% marks in 10th?
  12. List of companies a B.Tech final year candidate can apply for with less than 60% marks in 12th and 71% in 6th sem?
  13. If I have scored 1st class in 6th semester and distinction in rest all of the semesters then do I satisfy the criteria for campus interview in MNC's?
  14. What would be the effects of 12th Standard Marks on Campus Placement if I scored less than 60%?
  15. Can a 3rd year B.Tech student apply for on and off campus placement?
  16. My 6th subject will be considered or not in placement campus drive of B.Tech?
  17. What is the procedure followed to apply for campus placement while doing B.E final semester?
  18. Procedure to apply for Summer Internship in NTPC for B.Tech(Mechanical Engineering) 6th semester student? Last date of application?
4th March 2011, 06:42 PM
shadab wali

Default Re: How to apply for off-campus placement for 6th semester B.Tech student?

i am an b.tech(cs) student and i m in 6th sem..... and i want to know,what is the selection procedure in offline campus placement.......?????????????
4th March 2011, 07:09 PM
mayank shekhar singh

Default Re: How to apply for off-campus placement for 6th semester B.Tech student?

Quote:
Originally Posted by heena_saxena View Post
i am an b.tech student and i m in 6th sem..... and i want to know what is the selection procedure in offline campus placement.......
In off line campus placement you have to go through entrance exam of different company whether they are government or privet .
But in offline you are not able to give the exam because most of the company wants 8th sem.
4th March 2011, 07:19 PM
Somesh Goenka
Senior Member+++

Nowadays, on campus placement also generally takes place in the final Semester because companies think that a student is more capable when he's in the final semester of BTech.

Now as you are saying that you are in the 6th semester, so let me inform you that companies have practically stopped recruiting students of pre final year thats why they are coming to the campus for only final year students.

So i dont think there is any possibility of any company hiring you in off campus placement while you are in the 6th semester because anyway when they come for campus placement, only those students with good meritorious background get selected or with some exceptional talent get the job, but then also, they need to clear the final exam then they get the call letter.

So even if you try for off campus placement in 6th sem, I personally dont think any company will be interested in hiring you now.

So I advice that you complete your graduation first and then try for off campus placement.

Also, if you want, you can try for training while in 6th semester, so you can apply for training in 6th semester.

So concentrate on studies and do not worry much about the placement.
4th March 2011, 07:31 PM
ashok880
Senior Member++++

OFF-CAMPUSES means the student from different college will attending interview in another college were company conduct the test.

IN off-campuses placements the most of the students will be selected from that college were company conducts the test.

there are rare case outside college students will be recruit.

To apply for off-campuses placement drive,first you should know,for which college comes are coming,then you have out from friends of that college,or you can through the company sits.In that you will get the information about,when they going to visit college and timings,eligibility criteria for that job.

beat wishes
4th March 2011, 07:57 PM
vipin025

6th semester can not apply for off-campus placement ....
4th March 2011, 08:21 PM
Arsalaan

Offcampus recruitment are conducted by many companies.

Information on this regard is generally available on their websites.

you have to make a profile and upload your resume on their website

and they will call you for test and then PI.

you can even submit when there is no vacancy .. for example submit your

resume on TCS website.. they will call you whenever there is a vacancy.

you can also use family/ friend contact to contact companies

and arrange PI and get a job.

seniors from colleges etc may also help in this.
4th March 2011, 08:44 PM
mishra245

For this you can conttact to the head of the department and also from the placement cell.
And you can apply for the any campus placement after VIth sem.
the simple procedure is contact to the college in which the company.
and you can go direct for off-campus placement companies.
4th March 2011, 09:05 PM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

normally as on campus drive

only difference is the so many colleges are involoved in this campus drive

same procedure selection student(written,gd,pi)
4th March 2011, 09:21 PM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

B.Tech 6th semester students are not eligible to apply for off campus.

when any company organized off campus first the notified it through online in the official website and in other job website. from there one link provided through which students can register who can fulfill the eligibility criterion. for some leading company like TCS they always give the opportunity to the candidate to register them in their portal. when they arrange any off campus hey inform to the candidate through email or any other way to confirm about their recruitment process. at the day they present at the off campus canter with their hall ticket which is sent to their email id. for TCS you may register in their website http://www.careers.tcs.com

when you will be last semester then only you will be eligible to register yourself for the off campus. now you should do preparation for the campusing.

best wishes.
4th March 2011, 10:21 PM
mukul0094
Banned

Quote:

You can not apply for off campus placement of any company in the 6th semister of B.Tech. You can apply in the final year of B.Tech.
When any company announced the vacancy for the selection then it is given in the official website of the company and in the employment news. The procedure for online and offline campus placement is same that is written test and personal interview.
4th March 2011, 10:30 PM
kanikabansal22aug

Thumbs up Re: How to apply for off-campus placement for 6th semester B.Tech student?

Hello

Since you are in 6th semester now,so you are not eligible for off campuses.You will be allowed in 8th Semester.

For off campuses you can do following:

1.You can check for any vacancies on www.freshersworld.com.

2.You can also go through employment news.

3.You can also appear for elitmus exam which costs around Rs.700,on the basis of the ph score that you will get in the result,you will get call from companies of high level.For that you cal go through www.elitmus.com.

4. There is one more link www.cocubes.com.

All the best.
5th March 2011, 06:56 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

It is too early for you to apply for a job. You need to be in you final year to apply. You can make a list of companies where you have a desire to join. Visit their career page and register yourself. Also there will be notifications regarding opportunities check whether you care eligible and apply accordingly.
5th March 2011, 07:24 AM
mannubhu1

All the companies have their own website were they provide all the informations that which company has how many vacancies (how many for general, for OBC, for SC/ST etc) they have, when is they going to conduct test for getting entry into company, what are the eligibility criteria like that. so, you will have to regularly visit the companies site in which you are interested or the alternative way is that you can submit your resume on the website www.monster.com or www.fresherjob.com the companies will automatically contact you if your resume will fulfill their desire.

Best of luck.
5th March 2011, 02:00 PM
melwynjensen
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: How to apply for off-campus placement for 6th semester B.Tech student?

Quote:
hello friend...

It was 3-4yrs back wherein 3rd yrs students used to attend placement and be placed when they enter their final yr...but now things changed 3rd yr students are not eligible for any placements, you can apply for placements only when you reach your 8th semester so till then prepare well for placements.... off-campus placements is same as the on-campus placements wherein you have to go through 3 important sometime 4 or 5 rounds depending upon the companies need most big MNC companies go for 3 rounds that is...

1) Aptitude test
2) Technical Interview
3) HR Interview

You have to clear all 3 rounds to get through to the company, so start preparing from now onwards for aptitude test there are many books like R.S.Agarwal which helps in aptitude preparation....hope the info. helps...

Any further queries kindly let us know....

All the Best for placements...
5th March 2011, 06:43 PM
dreksha chaudhary
Senior Member+++

Cool Re: How to apply for off-campus placement for 6th semester B.Tech student?

Dear friend,

I am sorry to say that you can not apply for off-campus placement in 6th
semester of B.Tech. Now a days campus selection is possible only in 7th
and 8th semester.

For off campus selection, all reputed companies gives notification on their
official website when ever they plan for off campus selection.. After that
students can register their names.

Some reputed companies like Syntel conducts online preliminary exam. The
students who qualify preliminary exam, they are called for final selection.

So wait for some more time.

All the best.
23rd April 2011, 07:38 PM
Unregistered

What is the scope in mechanical engineering for girls.
19th May 2011, 06:33 PM
Unregistered

what s d 6 sem in b.tec
26th May 2011, 04:36 PM
Unregistered

what is the expected cut off for lnmiit this year through iit and aieee???
29th June 2011, 02:13 PM
Unregistered

I am in 7th semister now can I apply for off campus
27th September 2011, 09:44 PM
Unregistered

can i apply for off campus placements during 7th sem?
27th September 2011, 11:11 PM
BITAN GHOSH
Senior Member+

Dear friend,
Right now you are in the 6th semester.
You have to wait till the completion of your Graduation.
Then only you are eligible to appear for the Off-campus recruitment.
You should have to register yourself in the websites of the respective companies.
You will find the details regarding the off-campus recruitment from the following websites:-
1. www.freshersworld.com
2. www.elitmus.com
3. www.cocubes.com

Keep in touch with the updates.
All the best!!!!!
28th September 2011, 12:47 AM
coolsam.9

Hi dear,

Nowadays, on campus placement also generally takes place in the final Semester because companies think that a student is more capable when he's in the final semester of BTech.

Now as you are saying that you are in the 6th semester, so let me inform you that companies have practically stopped recruiting students of pre final year thats why they are coming to the campus for only final year students.

So i dont think there is any possibility of any company hiring you in off campus placement while you are in the 6th semester because anyway when they come for campus placement, only those students with good meritorious background get selected or with some exceptional talent get the job, but then also, they need to clear the final exam then they get the call letter.

So even if you try for off campus placement in 6th sem, I personally dont think any company will be interested in hiring you now.

So I advice that you complete your graduation first and then try for off campus placement.

Also, if you want, you can try for training while in 6th semester, so you can apply for training in 6th semester.

So concentrate on studies and do not worry much about the placement.

Thanks
12th October 2011, 11:20 AM
vinay21feb
Senior Member+++

Girls are never second in the present time .Every course is beneficial for girls.
i think MBA or CA are the best courses in the present time for girls.there are many vacancies available for these degree holders.
except it many computer courses are also available like java programs,web designing,
animation etc which gives a great career to girls
16th October 2011, 04:45 PM
shahraksh3

Smile Re: How to apply for off-campus placement for 6th semester B.Tech student?

Quote:
You can apply for off-campus placement after completion of BTech.The procedure of it depends on the company.A general procedure followed by most of companies is
1]Aptitude test
2]Group discussion
3]Personal interview

Currently you can apply for campus placement of your college or you can apply for open pool campus placement which is held in other colleges.
16th October 2011, 05:40 PM
shahraksh3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am in 7th semister now can I apply for off campus
You can apply for off-campus after completion of Btech and the procedure is
1]Aptitude test
2]Group discussion (may or may not)
3]Technical interview
4]H.R interview
But currently you can apply on campus i.e companies visiting your college or pool(open) campus i.e where you can apply.This is done by some of the companies. You have to check their website where they upload the details about it.
17th October 2011, 02:05 AM
blizard

dear friend as far I know,
You can not apply for any type of off campus recruitment in the 6th semester.
You will have to wait untill the completion of your graduation.
Then you can apply for this.

But final year students are also eligible for apply in the off campus recruitment.

Please visit this links :
www.freshersworld.com
25th October 2011, 06:35 PM
m.khushhal

Nowadays, on campus placement also generally takes place in the final Semesterbecause companies think that a student is more capable when he's in the final semester of BTech.Now as you are saying that you are in the 6th semester, so let me inform you that companies have practically stopped recruiting students of pre final year thats why they are coming to the campus for only final year students.So i dont think there is any possibility of any company hiring you in off campus placement while you are in the 6th semester because anyway when they come for campus placement, only those students with good meritorious background get selected or with some exceptional talent get the job, but then also, they need to clear the final exam then they get the call letter.So even if you try for off campus placement in 6th sem, I personally dont think any company will be interested in hiring you now.So I advice that you complete your graduation first and then try for off campus placement.Also, if you want, you can try for training while in 6th semester, so you can apply for training in 6th semester.So concentrate on studies and do not worry much about the placement.
2nd February 2012, 11:05 PM
Unregistered

Sir,
I am persuing B.E in 6th semester, and now my aggregate is 61% and my stream is electrical engg, can i appear in any off campus, suggest some private company for electrical.
3rd February 2012, 02:55 PM
jeevi12

Arrow Re: How to apply for off-campus placement for 6th semester B.Tech student?

Quote:
If you have secured marks which requires for campus placement then only you will get selection.

During final year of the course campus placement will call for eligible candidates.
30th January 2013, 09:28 PM
Unregistered

I am now B.E 8th sem mechanical engineering student so how to apply for interview in automobile company ?
27th July 2013, 05:09 PM
amit89itbhu
Senior Member+++

HI

Being a 6th semester you cannot apply
wait for your 4th year, many company would visit your campus.
Most company recruit candidates before graduation only when they visit campus.
Outside campus its very difficult to get job before you have your graduation degree.

Off campus may consider your application only when you have your graduation degree except you have a very strong contact in any company.

Post your resume on various job portal.

all the best
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?