26th December 2012, 08:51 PM
Unregistered

How to apply for Ph.D? Is there any entrance exam for this?

How to apply for PhD? Is there any entrance exam for this?

Related Questions:
  1. How to apply for distance PhD next year if missed this year?
  2. In which entrance exam I have to appear for admission in Ph.D? Procedure to apply and age limit?
  3. Entrance exams for PhD in Life Science? Syllabus for it?
  4. Am I eligible to apply for PhD in Calicut university? How will be the entrance exam?
  5. How and when can I apply for Ph.D programme in Loyola? What is the fee structure for the full time course? Is there any entrance exam available to get into Ph.D? -- [Most Discussed]
  6. Previous year papers of PhD entrance exam in Kerala?
  7. Do I need to crack NET for pursuing PhD at JNU and DU? Eligibility to apply?
  8. Possibility to apply in PhD entrance exam for a candidate who has arrears in 2nd semester of MBA? -- [New]
  9. Colleges, entrance exam, duration, fee and application details for PhD in Management (HR)?
  10. Is there any entrance exam available for Ph.D in Nutrition and Dietetics in Delhi University? When the entrance exam will be held?
  11. Where can I apply to study Ph.D in Parapsychology? Procedure to apply and tips to prepare for Ph.D entrance exam?
  12. PTU University PhD Mathematics entrance exam syllabus?
  13. How to do PhD after M.Pharmacy?
  14. Do I need to be GATE qualified to apply for PhD(Computer Science) entrance test of Anna University?
  15. How to prepare for PhD Maths entrance exam of Osmania university?
  16. Details about the Ph.D entrance exam? When should I apply for it? I would like to do Ph.D in Management with Mahatma Gandhi University
  17. PhD entrance exam question papers of Sociology?
  18. How can I go for PhD in Mathematics after 12th? Duration of course? In how many streams can I do PhD?
1st September 2016, 01:00 AM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to apply for Ph.D? Is there any entrance exam for this?

Yes,you are eligible to apply for the Ph.D course after completing Master's degree.As you have secured only 53% marks in Master's degree which is not sufficient marks to become eligible for the exam for General category candidates,but, if you belong to SC/ST category then, you are eligible to apply for the exam with your percentage marks.

The qualification required to apply for the Ph.D course is Master's degree from a recognized university with minimum 55% marks for General category and 50% marks for the SC/ST candidates.

The admission to the Ph.D course is done through entrance exams in some universities and in some other universities without the entrance exam.
23rd March 2018, 07:33 AM
Somyarathore
Member+

Default Re: How to apply for Ph.D? Is there any entrance exam for this?

Some universities also require you to take a PhD entrance examination. This is called the GRE (Graduate Record Examination), and sometimes an additional test related entirely to the subject (field of study) you plan to focus your research on may be required – the GRE subject test.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?