23rd January 2020, 12:40 PM
johnbruli

How to become an Army Officer after 12th Science stream (PCB)?

Hi, I have completed my 12th Board exams from Science stream with PCB subject combination. Now, I wish to join Indian Army. So, am I eligible for Officer rank in Army on the basis of Intermediate only? If not, then at which post or designation can I get into Indian Army?

25th January 2020, 04:37 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to become an Army Officer after 12th Science stream (PCB)?

You cannot join Indian Army directly on the basis of your Intermediate knowledge. You will have to undergo training for joining Defence forces.

However, you can apply for defence exams like NDA, TES 10+2 after completing 10+2 standard from a recognized Board.

For qualifying NDA exam, you will have to qualify these two stages:
  • Written Exam
  • SSB Interview

If you qualify both the above stages, then you will have to undergo training of 4 to 4.5 years. In this entire session of training, your 3 years of training will be in NDA (i.e. National Defence Academy, Pune) and 1 year in IMA (i.e. Indian Military Academy, Dehradun)

After completion of training, you will be assigned the post of Lieutenant on commission. After 2 years, you will be promoted to Captain post. Then, after 6 years, your post will be upgraded to Major and so on.
26th January 2020, 03:43 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Having completed your Class 12th in Science stream with PCB group, to become an Indian Army Commissioned Officer you need to qualify NDA (National Defence Academy) examination held by UPSC twice every year.

Further, for appearing in the NDA examination, you need to hold following qualifications :-

* You must be an unmarried Indian male candidate.

* Your age must lie within 16.5 years to 19.5 years.

* You must have completed your Class 12th in any discipline from a recognised board of education.

* You must hold the physical fitness criteria as per the service requirement norms.

For complete details regarding various career options available for you in Indian Army based on your qualifications, you can refer to the link www.joinindianarmy.nic.in.
26th January 2020, 07:48 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

You can appear for NDA examination and after qualifying in examination will become eligible for selection as an officer in the Indian Army.

The examination is conducted in two stages.

The eligibility to appear in the examination is that candidate must have passed or appearing for 12th from a recognised board. The age limit is 16.5-19.5 years. Only male candidates are eligible to appear in the examination

Examination is conducted twice in a year. So, you can start preparation for the examination and qualify in it for the final selection. For more information visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
28th January 2020, 12:53 AM
anshgoyal95

If you want to be a army officer and you have completed your 12th then you should fill form Of NDA( nation defence academy).
1st round is written exam
2nd round is SSB.
3rd Physical test.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?