14th May 2013, 11:49 PM
Unregistered

How to become an IAS officer?

i want to become ias. so you suggest me that to do....please tell me how to become one

15th May 2013, 01:49 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to become an IAS officer?

To become an IAS officer you have to crack Civil Services Examination conducted by UPSC.

For Civil Services Examination one must have Graduation in any discipline from a recognized University

There is age criteria also for Civil Services Examination.

General Category - 21 t0 30 years

OBC Category - 21 to 33 years

SC/ST Category - 21 to 35 years

So if you have the age and qualification then you can apply for it when the notification is released.

The selection is purely based on merit through a examination which will have following stages:

-Preliminary Exam

-Mains Exam

-Interview

Those who qualify Prelims will be allowed to appear for Mains exam. The marks obtained will decide the rank through which the candidates will be selected for respective administrative services.

You can start preparing for this exam as soon as possible because the syllabus is very vast and you never know from where the questions will come.

You can join coaching classed if you are not confident in self studies. You must have good study material when you are studying at home without any coaching. So get all the study material related to IAS and start preparing for it.

For more information visit http://www.upsc.gov.in

15th May 2013, 05:16 PM
martha.anjaneyulu
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i want to become ias. so you suggest me that to do....please tell me how to become one
HI!
If you want to become I.A.S officer then you have to qualify the Civil Services exam.

Civil Services exam is conducted by U.P.S.C once in a year.

After passing graduation with any steam you are eligible for Civil Serviced exam.

The age limit for Civil Services exam is 21-30 year.

If you want you can take help of coaching or you can prepare on your own for civil services exam.

You can apply online or offline.
The Form cost is just 50 Rs.
For more detail log on to www.upsc.gov.in

ALL THE BEST!

15th May 2013, 07:57 PM
kiruthika m.m

IAS - Indian Administrative Service

The Education Qualification
You need to Completion your UnderGraduate Degree in Reputed university or Institute

Age Limit
For the General Candidate the age limit is - 28years
For the OBC candidate the age limit is -33years
For Sc\St Candidate the age limit is - 30years

No of Attempts
For the General Candidate - 4Attempts
For the OBC candidate - 7 Attempts
For Sc\St Candidate - There no restriction for the No of Attempt for this candidate

Qualities For IAS
Time Management
Positive thought
Self Confidence
Communication Skill
Decision Making
Leadership

15th May 2013, 08:58 PM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Hi dear.........

IAS stands for Indian Administrative service , The interested candidates have to apply appear & crack the exam of Civil Service Exam which is conducted through UPSC every year...

**The candidates should be a graduate degree holder to appear this exam.
**The age limit is 21 - 30 yrs.
There is a age relaxation for reserved candidates.
**The candidates should be a citizen of India.

For more details log on to..
http://www.upsc.gov.in

Good luck..........

15th May 2013, 10:16 PM
tash1907
Senior Member+++++

Hi Friend.................

IAS means Indian Administrative Services and is basically meant for those aspiring candidates who have strong dedication towards the country.

India holds a UPSC examination every year and on the basis of this examination a number of IAS officers are recruitment.

To apply for Civil services examination, Your age should between 21 to 30 years, Upper age relaxation is applicable for SC/ST/OBC Candidates.

The Notification of Civil services examination will be Published in the employment Newspaper or in the UPSC Website in the Month of February i.e on 04/Feb/2012.

The Last date of apply for this examination Online 05/March/2012

Preliminary examination Date : 20/May/2012

>> General Candidates will gets 4 Chances to cracked this examination
>> OBC Candidates will gets 7 Chances
>> No Limits for SC/ST Candidates.

The examination is Conducted in 2 stages :

>> Preliminary examination
>> Main examination

Preliminary examination is Objective and there are 2 papers in this examination and if you have cracked the Preliminary examination then you are eligible for Main examination, main examination is Descriptive and you have to choose the Subjects on the basis of Graduation.

15th May 2013, 11:11 PM
sammy_wrath
Senior Member+

Quote:
Dear Aspirant,

Generally this is most active question in the internet in all most all the education forums.

Since the job is having such a great reputation in it.Doing the indian administrative job is not an easy task.

First of all getting the job is very complex thing.But not complex for the students who put whole hearted dedication and efforts in preparation and also executing it in a right way.

So for getting this jobs.A student should get a degree from any department.The subject is not mandatory.

After that the student has to apply for the UPSC civils exam.That is conducted over all the country.

Then he has to give the exam which carriers 3 rounds.

Prelims

Mains

Interview Round

After writing the first round that is prelims the students who qualify in the 1st round are promoted to second round.

Rest all are rejected for the next process.Then in this second round the students have to again write few tests.

Then after qualifying these tests which are in the 2nd round.They will be forwarded to final round which is the last round.

IF selected in the final round then on the vaccany based they are given jobs.Then the training will be given for a year then the real test will be done if qualifies then only the placement is done or else he will be rejected.

Sad but true.This is how the process goes in the recruitment of students for the IAS,IFS and IPS .

Hope this info helps you.

All the best for your future endeavor's.

Any more Queries.
Don't Hesitate to ask me. Am happy to help you always. Just ping to my profile.

Best Regards,
Sampath.

15th May 2013, 11:57 PM
DKG7
Senior Member+++

Thumbs up Re: How to become an IAS officer?

Quote:

Dear Friend,

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service

If you are Aspiring to Become an IAS officer then you should have to apply for Civil Service Examination which is conducted by UPSC twice in year for the post of an IPS Officer, IAS Officer etc......

For applying CSE (Civil Service Exam) you require following Qualification.....

A candidate must have completed their Graduation Study in any Discipline from Recognized Universities are eligible for Indian Administrative Service exam , Final years student who are waiting for their final result can also apply for it...

Citizen of India.....

General Age Limit is 21-30 years. but there is relaxation is available for reserved category , for OBC category : up to 33 years , for SC/ST category : up to 35 years , for PH : up to 40 years

There are only 4 attempts for General category for OBC 7 attempt limit and for SC/ST no attempt limit.....

Exam Pattern:
  1. Prelim Exam
  2. Main Exam
  3. Personal Interview

All the best....

16th May 2013, 01:17 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services .IAS exam is conducted by UPSC every year .This Examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission.

Graduation degree with minimum percentage marks from any discipline.Not required any kind of percentage marks in graduation degree .

Final year student are applicable for IAS Exam.

The age required for IAS exam is given below-

Minimum Age = 21 years old
Maximum Age = 30 years old

Age relaxation for IAS exam:-

5 years relaxation for SC/ST candidates
3 years relaxation for OBC Candidates
10 years relaxation for PHC candidates
5 years relaxation for Ex-serviceman

No. of Attempts are allowed for various category is given below-

For General: 3
For OBC: 7
For SC/ST: No Restriction

I have listed some Books name , you should collect these books from market and prepare well for Civil Service Exam .

CSAT UPSC Civil Services Examination
Author: Nem Singh
Publisher: Made Easy Publications - New Delhi

UPSC Portal CSAT Comprehensive Manual: IAS Preliminary Examination 2013 (Paper - 2)
by
Sachchida Nand Jha
Publisher: UPSC Portal

CSAT Conceptual Approach (Paper - 2
by
P. N. Roy Chowdhury
Publisher: Pearsom

CSAT How To Tackle Civil Services Preliminary Examination: General Studies
Author: SAP
Publisher: Student Aid Publications

I have attached the syllabus for IAS exam , you should follow this syllabus very well .

IAS Exam notification is already over for this year because Last date of Receipt of Application by post is 04.03.2013 .So you can wait for one year more .

For On-line application click on the link www.upsconline.nic.in

For more details of IAS exam , please Click on the link http://www.upsc.gov.in

16th May 2013, 01:52 AM
Aria40
Senior Member+

Quote:
INDIAN ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES

Nice to see your interest in the Civil Services. To appear in the IAS entrance examination you need pass graduation degree (i.e UG) in any stream from a recognize board.

IAS is stand for the Indian Administrative Service. Indian Administrative Services (IAS) is the one of the famous and respected job of India. IAS entrance examination is come under civil services examination which is conducted by the UPSC once in every year. Here i give you the details eligibility criteria :

Eligibility Criteria for Civil Services Examination :
--> pass graduation degree in any discipline from a recognize University. Final year candidates can also apply for the Civil Services examination.
--> The age must be between 21 to 30 years at the time of examination. The upper age relaxation is also applicable for the reservation category candidates.

These are the basic eligibility criteria for the Civil Services examination. If you satisfy the above mention eligibility criteria then you are eligible for the Civil service examination. For details and complete information regarding Civil Services examination please visit the official website of the UPSC :-- http://www.upsc.gov.in

25th May 2013, 10:31 AM
BISWAROOP YOGI
Senior Member++

>> IAS -Indian Administrative Services
First of all, in order to become an IAS officer, you will have to appear for Civil Services Examination, which is conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) every year.
>> The selection procedure of civil services examination are as follows :~
* Preliminary Examination
* Mains Examination
* Personal Interview
>> IAS Eligibility Criteria (Civil Services Examination)
* Completion of Graduation in any stream from any recognized college or university.
* The age limit is 21 years to 30 years as per the announcements.
* Also, the age relaxation is :-

» 3 years for OBC
» 5 years for ST/SC candidates and
» for General category, there is no relaxation.
* Number of attempts for the examination :-
» 4 attempts for general.
» 7 attempts for OBC and
» no limits for SC/ST candidates.
>> Important Dates :-
» Opening date for registration : 5th March, 2013
» Closing date for registration : 4th April, 2013
» Civil Services Preliminary Examination date : 26th May, 2013

>> You can apply online for the examination through the website www.upsconline.nic.in.
The detailed instructions to fill up the application form are mentioned in the website itself.

1st September 2013, 01:10 PM
Unregistered

sir send me the ias prelims exam topics and subjects and the total syllabus for ias prelims exam in detail to my mail id: [email protected] please sir it is very urgently needed to me. I want to start my ias preparation from now please help me.
thank you

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?