2nd April 2015, 04:53 PM
Unregistered

How to become an IAS officer after doing graduation in B.A social science

How can i become an ias officer if i do graduation with ba social science. Which subjects should i choose as optional subject.

Related Questions:
  1. How much % required in Graduation to become an IAS officer?
  2. How can I become an IAS officer after doing graduation? I have passed 12th with science, Maths
  3. Complete details about the IAS course? I have completed my graduation from computer science
  4. How to prepare to become an IAS officer and which subjects to be chosen? I am a class 12th student from science -- [Most Discussed]
  5. How can I become an IAS officer? I am pursuing Physiotherapy
  6. How can I become an IAS officer after pursuing Physiotherapy?
  7. How to become an IAS officer after studying in 12th?
  8. Can I become IAS officer having completed B.Sc. in IT? What is required to become IAS Officer?
  9. How to be an IAS officer? I am a 12th science student
  10. How many Exams I have to undergo to become IAS Officer? What are the subjects for this? Which books to prepare for this? Does coaching necessary to become IAS Officer?
  11. How may i add an extra subject(history or geography) in graduation level after completing it? I've completed graduation with Hindi, English, Political Science, and Food Technology and B.Ed in social science
  12. How can I become an IAS officer after completing 12th?
  13. What is the work-profile of an IES mechanical officer in various sectors? Does IES officer have same powers as IAS officer?
  14. How to become an IAS officer for 11th standard student with science stream?
  15. What should I do to become an IAS officer? What type of graduation is required for IAS officer post? I have passed my 12th
  16. What do I have to do to become an IAS officer? I am doing graduation with PCB
  17. Can I become IAS Officer after completion of Graduation in Geography? Which subjects should I choose for this?
  18. How can I become IAS officer being in Physiotherapy stream
4th April 2015, 12:16 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to become an IAS officer after doing graduation in B.A social science

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
How can i become an ias officer if i do graduation with ba social science. Which subjects should i choose as optional subject.
IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services. IAS exam is conducted by Union Public Service Commission. IAS exam is conducted one time in a year.

If you have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university then you are eligible for IAS exam.

Age Criteria:

For General: 21 to 30 years
For OBC: 21 to 33 years
For SC/ST: 21 to 35 years

No. of Attempts:

For General: 3
For OBC: 7
For SC/ST: No Restriction

Selection process for IAS exam:

1)Preliminary test
2)Mains exam
3)Personal interview

You can choose any one subject for optional paper for IAS exam.

Optional subject for IAS exam:-

For more details about IAS exam please visit to official website www.upsc.gov.in
5th April 2015, 08:00 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to become an IAS officer after doing graduation in B.A social science

IAS stands for the Indian Administrative Services. Union Public Service Commission conducts Civil Services examination for the services IAS, IPS, IFS, IRS etc.

Here is algorithmic approach to become IAS officer after completion of bachelor's degree in any stream.

Step I : You must satisfy the eligibility criteria:

>>Bachelor's degree in any stream from a recognized university. Final year candidates can also apply for the exam.

>>The age limit for the general candidates is 21-30 years. Relaxation of three years to OBC and five years to SC/ST candidates respectively.

>>You must be an Indian Citizen.

Step II: After fulfilling these requirements, you need to apply for the Civil Services examination at the www.upsconline.nic.in

The notification for Civil Services 2015 will be out on 16/05/2015.

Step III: You need to clear all the three stages of this entrance exam.

>>Preliminary Test.

>>Main Examination

>>Personal interview.

A cut off is decided on the basis of marks scored by candidates in Mains exam and Personal interview. If you clear the cut off and your rank is in top ranks, you will be selected as IAS officer.

Here is list of optional subjects, you can select the subject depending upon your interest. Proper selection of optional subject plays a vital role in selection, so be carful in selection.

For any more details, visit www.upsc.gov.in
6th April 2015, 10:23 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

I.A.S stands for Indian Administrative Service and UPSC conducts a Civil Services Examination every year .

The eligibility criteria is aspirants who have completed there graduation or in the final year of graduation can apply .

There is restrictions on age also as :-
For general candidates it is 21-30 years where relaxation of 3 years and 5 years are applicable for OBC and SC/ST candidates .

The examination procedure takes place in three stages :-
1.Preliminary .
2.Mains .
3.Interview .

It is mandatory to qualify in each of the above to move for another procedure . After qualifying in all the three the merit list are created and in the merit list the top rankers are selected as I.A.S .

Be very careful during deciding the optional subject as it plays a major role in the examination .

You can visit at www.upsc.gov.in to get more details .
7th April 2015, 01:35 AM
poojasingh151

For becoming Indian Administrative Services Officer after bachelor's degree in social science, you will have to crack the Civil Services examination conducted by Union Public Service Commission.

You are eligible in terms of educational qualifications, your age must be between 21-30 years. If you are from OBC or SC/ST category, you will get upper age relaxation of three and five years respectively.

There are four attempts for general candidates, seven for OBC candidates and no limit on number of attempts for SC/ST candidates.

You will have to clear the given below three stages of Civil Services exam:

1. Preliminary exam.

2. Mains Exam.

3. Personal interview.

You need to score well in mains and interview as ranking is prepared on basis of marks scored in both stages. Top rankers get IAS.

Here is the list of optional subject. You should select the subject with which you are comfortable and you know you can score well in that subject. Optional subject marks is included for rankings.

15th April 2015, 10:50 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

I.A.s stands for Indian Administrative Service and the examination is conducted by the UPSC as a Civil Service examination . The examination is one of the toughest of all the examination.

The eligibility criteria is :-
Candidates have minimum graduation degree in any discipline from a recognised university can apply for it . The final year students of graduation can also apply.
The age of the candidates must be 21-30 years for general candidates and there is reservation for reserved candidates.

The examination is conducted in three stages as :-
Preliminary.
Mains .
Interview.

The candidates have to qualify in each of the stages to move to next stage .
There is no restrictions on optional subjects as there are large number of subjects from which you can choose one .
Physics.
Mathematics.
Chemistry.
English .
History.
Political science.
Geography.
Zoology.
Botany .
Economics etc .

For more details and information regarding optional subjects visit at www.upsc.gov.in .
3rd April 2020, 12:36 PM
Unregistered

If we are not clearing the exam of IAS than what we can do for our career
15th April 2020, 12:43 PM
Unregistered

What should I do after B.A degree to become an IAS officer.please let me know the whole process.
2nd May 2020, 10:16 PM
Unregistered

I am female of age 22 and I am graduate from Delhi University. I want to become I.A.S, than first of all what should i do for this?
4th May 2020, 09:29 AM
sachariah
Senior Member+++

Wink Re: How to become an IAS officer after doing graduation in B.A social science

For turning out to be Indian Administrative Services Officer after three year college education in sociology, you should split the Civil Services assessment led by Union Public Service Commission. You are qualified regarding instructive capabilities, your age must be between 21-30 years.

Bachelor's degree is a must to be able to sit for the Civil Services Examination. However, you can start preparing for UPSC CSE, as you are in your first year of college and then sit for the IAS exam two years later
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?