12th September 2012, 03:12 PM
Unregistered

How to become an IPS officer?

i aspire to become an ips officer.whether can i study of my own or should i go to any coching centers... your advice pls....

6th October 2012, 12:19 AM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to become an IPS officer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i aspire to become an ips officer.whether can i study of my own or should i go to any coching centers... your advice pls....
IPS stands for Indian Police Services and to become IPS Officer, you have to apply and Registered for the UPSC Civil services Preliminary examination, this examination Notification will be published every year in the month of February, after the notification you can apply for this examination online.

The preliminary examination is objective with negative marking and there are two papers in this examination. If you cracked this examination, then you are eligible for Mains. For Civil service examination, you need to choose two optionals for Mains exam.

IPS is one of the All India Allied services provided, once you clear this exam. The post highly competitive among aspirants. Designations like DSP, SP , Commissioner are given to passouts after training for IPS.

To apply for this examination, you have to complete your Graduate degree course in any discipline from a recognised University, Final year appearing candidates are also apply for this examination.

You must have attained the age of 21 years and not more than 30 years, upper age relaxation is applicable for SC/ST/OBC Candidates.

If you have fulfill the above Mentioned eligibility criteria then you are eligible to apply for UPSC Civil services examination, please prepared well for this examination as per the pattern and wait for the Notification, if you need more details the check official UPSC Website.

Best CSE Coaching Centers:

=> VISION IAS / IPS ACADEMY
Address: No.1, Ayyanar Koil Street, Ayyanar Nagar, Puducherry
City: Puducherry
State/Province: Puducherry
Phone: 9487714772, 9442514772, 0413-2240360

www.visioniasacademy.com

=> SUYAM I.A.S. COACHING INSTITUTE
Address:"Thirukudil", 14, First Cross, Natesan Nagar (EAST),
City:Puducherry
Phone:9486 33 4648, 96774 74963, 0413-2244371.
6th October 2012, 12:43 AM
Shalurawat

Hello friend,

IPS (Indian Police Services)one of the most glamorous services of India.IPS is an all India service like IAS and IFS. You need have to rank well in the Indian Civil Services exam to be an IPS officer

Educational Qualification and Age:
The minimum educational qualification of an IPS officer is Graduation (10+2+3/4) under any recognized Indian University.
The minimum age requirement for General (UR) category students is 21 to 30 years. The OBC students will get 3 years age relaxation while the SC/ST students will get 5 years.
Physical Qualification:
Height:you need have to have a minimum height of 165 cm for men and 160 cm for women. Some particular races and tribes like Gorkhas and Garhwalis will get 5cm height relaxation, because genetically there average height is lower and they are famous as martial races.
Chest:The minimum chest girth for men is 84cm while for women it is 79cm. In both cases it should be expandable to 5cm.
General fitnessYour body should be totally fit. If you are a handicap then you are not eligible for the job. If you have some physical deformity then you may be discarded during medical examination.
Vision:Corrected vision is allowed, i.e. if you have spectacles though you will be eligible. But myopia is allowed up to -4D and Hypermetropia is up to +4D.
Color blindness and lack of binocular vision are not allowed.

Yes its your choice to take coaching or you will prepare by own for this exam.
Best coaching center's details are given in above post.

Thank you......
6th October 2012, 12:46 AM
Ravikanth2027
Senior Member+++++

IPS Stands Indian Police Service

There are Civil Service Exam conducted by the Union Public Service Commission

Eligibility for IPS :

Candidates must be complete Graduate from a recognized university
Candidates age limit not more then 30 years & not less then 21 years as on 1st August of the year
Max of age limit 30 years for General
Max of age limit 33 years for OBC
Max of age limit 35 years for SC/ST

Physical Stands :

Male :

Height : 165 cm General & 160 cm SC/ST & OBC
Chest : 84 cm Expansion 5 cm

Female :

Height : 150 cm General & 145 cm SC/ST & OBC
Chest : 79 cm Expansion 5 cm

Eye Sight :

6/6 or 6/9 distant vision for good eye
6/12 or 6/9 worst eye

Attempts :

General : 4 Times
OBC : 7 Times
SC/ST : No limit

Selection Process :

Selection Process based on following three stages

Preliminary Examination
Main Examination
Interview

List of Optional Subjects :

6th October 2012, 09:10 AM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

To become an IPS(Indian Police Service) officer one has to crack Civil Service Exam conducted by UPSC once every year bu applying and appearing the examination.

The eligible candidate aspiring for IPS Civil Service Exam, must be an Indian National having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream of education from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate with good Physical Fitness.

Apart from this the candidate should maintain the minimum Physical requirements such as:-

HEIGHT:- General Male-165cm and Female-150cm whikle SC/ST Male-160cm and Female-145cm.

CHEST:- Male-85cm while Female-79cm expandable to 5cm in both the cases.

The civil Service exam can be applied through both off line and on line mode by paying requisite fee for the exam.

The selection is through three phases:-

-CSAT - Civil Service Aptitude Test - Preliminary Exam comprises of objective type questions.

-Civil Service Main Exam comprises of subjective type questions from prescribed syllabus.

-Personal Interview

For more information you may log on tohttp://www.upsc.gov.in
6th October 2012, 10:34 AM
Budhwarz
Member+

Hi Aspirant

IPS: Stands for the Indian Police Service

You can join as a IPS Officer and also for the post you have to appear in the Civil

Services exam which is conducting by the upsc department every year and their is

Thousands for infact lakhs of students appearing in the exam every year but only few

Of them get success because their is huge competition in the exam

For the exam you have to clear the 3 stages and the first stage is the pre exam and

Than the next exam the Mains exam and after that the final interview

Qualifications Required to appear in the exam:

>> The Candidate must be pass in the graduation

>> The candidate age must be between 21 to 30

>> Age relaxation as per the government rules

>> Number of attempts 4 for the general and 7 for the obc

>> Unlimited attempts allowed to the sc,st candidates

The Best Coaching Institutes for the Coaching:

1.The Paramount Coaching Academy
Mukher jee Nagar New Delhi

2.The BSC Coaching Academy
Mulher jee Nagar ,Delhi

Best of luck
6th October 2012, 08:00 PM
suraj391

IAS (Indian Administrative Services) officer
IPS (Indian Police Services) officer etc…
Entrance exams like IAS exam and IPS exam both the exams which is conducted by the UPSC.
these entrance exam are held the every year for the
posts.

Is all done though the same “UPSC held Civil Services” examination!
This guide is written from the point of view of becoming an IAS officer. However, the procedure to become an IPS etc. officer is also the same!

If you are interested in becoming an IAS officer, you probably know what the IAS is all about and why becoming an IAS officer is a very good career option. However, just incase you do not know, let us give you some quick information on IAS!
If you become an IAS officer, you become part of the Indian Administrative Service. You will be part of the Govt. You can work from “the inside” and change “the system”!!

If you have a dream for India, or if you,
like us, believe that India will soon be a “super-power”. If you want to be part of the process of making India a great nation, IAS is for you! Being an IAS officer, there is a lot more power and control you have so that you can be part of Emerging India!

Besides that, IAS is a great career option!
You get many “perks of the job” when you are an IAS officer. You will have “job security”, “discount on Govt. services”, “Govt. provided transportation” and many more things... Even though the monthly salary provided by the IAS career is not too high, the “perks” make up for the less salary!

However, getting into the IAS is not that easy!
There is a very competitive “one year long” exam! To get into the IAS, you probably will have to try more than once before you succeed. And even if you clear the exam, then you have to get a very good score to qualify for the IAS! So, basically getting into the IAS is not that easy. However, here on indiahowto.com, we will try to show you “how to..” get in.
11th January 2013, 07:18 PM
Unregistered

i wanna become an ips officer thats my aim.
i want to stop all the evil things in the society.
11th January 2013, 07:21 PM
Unregistered

i wanna become ips officer.that is my goal.bcoz i want to stop all evils which is going on in the society.i will try to pt all my effort to reach my goal.
plz your suggestion.....................
15th January 2013, 08:13 PM
thriller.singh

Thumbs up Re: How to become an IPS officer?

Quote:
i wanna become ips officer.that is my goal.bcoz i want to stop all evils which is going on in the society.i will try to pt all my effort to reach my goal.
plz your suggestion.....................
hi dear,

I appreciate your decision and wish you very best of luck for your future goal.

in order to become an ips officer you need to appear for civil services examination conducted by upsc every year.
the pattern of this examination is as below

this exam is a three phase process and consists of -
1.preliminary - general studies & CSAT

2.main- general studies (two papers), two optional subjects(two paper each), essay, english grammar , one Indian language.

3.interview.

>>eligibility- graduation from any stream and age between 21 to 30 years for general candidates.

>>students in final year of graduation are also eligible for this exam.

NOTE-There is a certain minimum Physical requirement for candidate aspiring for IPS.

HEIGHT :- General Male-165cm and Female-150cm when SC/ST Male should be 160cm and Female should be 145cm

CHEST:- Male should have 85cm while Female should have 79cm with expansion of 5cm in both the cases.

best of luck
16th January 2013, 09:15 AM
sanj69
Senior Member+

IPS stands for Indian Police Service, to become an IPS officer, one has to appea, apply and crack Civil Service Exam conducted by UPSC every year.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian national having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate. The candidate should have possessed good Physical Fitness.

Apart from this the candidate should have maintained a prescribed minimum physical requirement such as:-

-HEIGHT:-General/OBC Male-165cm and Female-150cm while SC/ST Male-160cm and Female-145cm

CHEST:-Male-84cm while Female-79cm expendable to 5cm in both the cases.

The selection is through three stages:-

CSAT - Civil Service Aptitude Test - Preliminary Exam

-Civil Service Main Exam

-Personal Interview

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
16th January 2013, 12:02 PM
babanpreet

eligibility criteria to become ips officer-:-:

educational qualifications-:

- must possess degree from an indian university or equivalent.
- final years candidates are also eligible.

age-:

- must have attained age between 21-30 years.
- relaxation is given to upper age limit by 3 years for obc candidates and 5 years for sc/st candidates
16th January 2013, 12:10 PM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
HI!
INDIAN POLICE SERVICES

Indian Police Services us among the top Services in India.
For I.P.S you have to qualify the Civil Services Exam.

Civil Services Exam is conducted by U.P.S.C once in a year.

After passing Graduation you can apply Civil Services exam.

Age limit for Civil Services exam is 21-30 year.

Top Coaching institute are:-
> I.A.S Aim Academy, Delhi
> Rau's IAS Academy
> Career Institute, Pune
> AIM Institute, Madras.

For more Detail log on to www.upsc.gov.in

ALL THE BEST!
17th January 2013, 04:32 PM
Narendra k.
Senior Member+

Red face Re: How to become an IPS officer?

Quote:
IPS stands for Indian Police Services and to become IPS Officer, you have to apply and Registered for the UPSC Civil services Preliminary examination, this examination Notification will be published every year in the month of February, after the notification you can apply for this examination online.

The preliminary examination is objective with negative marking and there are two papers in this examination. If you cracked this examination, then you are eligible for Mains. For Civil service examination, you need to choose two optionals for Mains exam.

IPS is one of the All India Allied services provided, once you clear this exam. The post highly competitive among aspirants. Designations like DSP, SP , Commissioner are given to passouts after training for IPS.

To apply for this examination, you have to complete your Graduate degree course in any discipline from a recognised University, Final year appearing candidates are also apply for this examination.

You must have attained the age of 21 years and not more than 30 years, upper age relaxation is applicable for SC/ST/OBC Candidates.

If you have fulfill the above Mentioned eligibility criteria then you are eligible to apply for UPSC Civil services examination, please prepared well for this examination as per the pattern and wait for the Notification, if you need more details the check official UPSC Website.

www.visioniasacademy.com

18th January 2013, 12:11 AM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Dear friend,

IPS stands for Indian Police Service.

For becoming IPS Officer, you will have to crack Civil Services Examination that is conducted by UPSC every year.

Upcoming Exam will be conducted on 19 May 2013.

And Notifications along with Online Applications will be released on 2 February 2013.

You will have to pass three stages to clear this exam:

>> Preliminary Exam (CSAT Exam)

>> Mains Exam

>> Personal Interview
18th January 2013, 04:17 PM
DKG7
Senior Member+++

Thumbs up Re: How to become an IPS officer?

Quote:

hi friend,

IPS stands for Indian Police Service

A candidate must have completed their graduation Degree in any Discipline with at lest 55% from recognise universities...

Final year students are also applicable...

Age Limit:

General category student:- 21-30 years,OBC relaxation in upper age +3 years,SC/ST relaxation in upper age +5 years.

No. Attempt:

General - max. 4,OBC - max. 7,SC/ST - No limit.

Subjects for IPS:

• Geography
  • Geology
  • History
  • Law
  • Arabic
  • Assamese
  • Bengali
  • Agriculture
  • Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science
  • Anthropology
  • Botany
  • Chemistry
  • Civil Engineering
  • Commerce & Accountancy
  • Economics
  • Electrical Engineering

Exam pattern:-

all the best.......
20th January 2013, 03:04 PM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: How to become an IPS officer?

Quote:

How to become IPS Officer

Candidates willing to join the Indian Police Service (IPS) are first of all required to clear the Civil Service Exams which is conducted every year by the UPSC..

Candidates appearing for the Civil Services must satisfy following conditions :-

>> Candidate must be within the age limit of 21-30 years..

>> Age limit for OBC candidates is 21-33 years..

>> SC/ST candidates can be within 21-35 years of age and PWD candidates can be between 21-40 years of age..

>> Candidate must have completed graduation from a recognized institute..

>> General candidates have a maximum of 4 attempts..OBC have 7 and no limit for SC/ST/PWD candidates..

Candidates must clear the following rounds in order to crack the exam :-

Prelims :- 2 objective papers on aptitude and GK..

Mains :- 9 subjective papers on graduation subjects and English..

Interview Round

Medical Examination

I have attached some of the previous year question papers of Prelims as well as physical requirements..

Go through them and I hope they will help you out in your preparations..

You can also go to http://upsc.gov.in for more info about the exam..

I would suggest you to go in for coaching as proper guidance is very important in order to crack such a competitive exam..

all the best..

With Warm Regards
Nitz
Attached Files
File Type: pdf IAS GENERAL_STUDIES_II 2010.pdf(296.4 KB, 71 views)
File Type: pdf IAS ENGLISH_COMPULSORY 2010.pdf(167.8 KB, 81 views)
20th January 2013, 04:26 PM
ashalwaysss

Smile Re: How to become an IPS officer?

www.visioniasacademy.com

20th January 2013, 08:20 PM
babanpreet

Quote:
To become an IPS Officer,you have to appear in Civil Services Entrance exam conducted by UPSC.

UPSC conducts this twice in a year.

Educational Qualifications :

Bachelor’s degree of a recognised university

Age Limit:

A candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years.

The upper age will be relaxed by 3 years for OBC candidates and 5 years for SC/ST candidates.

IPS Officer salary must between 40,000 to 80,000 per month
27th February 2013, 10:10 PM
Unregistered

Wink Re: How to become an IPS officer?

Quote:
To become an IPS Officer,you have to appear in Civil Services Entrance exam conducted by UPSC.

Age Limit:

A candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years.

The upper age will be relaxed by 3 years for OBC candidates and 5 years for SC/ST candidates.

27th February 2013, 10:25 PM
Unregistered

Quote:

Age Limit:

28th February 2013, 01:22 AM
narendra B.

Quote:

Age Limit:

28th February 2013, 11:30 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Hello Dude

How are you ???

Well

I.P.S -- INDIAN POLICE SERVICE

To become IPS officer you must apply for the IPS exam

IPS exam is conducted by the UNION PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION

You need to regularly go through the website thoroughly ...

You must have a minimum of 21 years

Maximum age is allowed up to 30 years

You must be an Indian Citizen

ALL THE GOOD LUCK
28th February 2013, 02:41 PM
mayankt

Hi,

you have to check the following things
1. you must be 18 years old at the time when you appear for exam
2. The vaccancies are published in Employment news paper . Subscribe it right now.
3.For G.K. part CBSE books from class9th to 12th std . are must.
4. UPSC conducts exame named as CIVIL Services in which one has to take option for IAS, IPS ,IRS, IFS etc.
5. The daily affairs of pollitical and global are also need proper attention.
6. The subject you take in the collage is of your choice and intt. and you can take it as your mains subject in the exam.
7. You must have good knowledge of indian history.
8. Read competion sucesess and india today regullarley.
9. You have not mentioned you subject but for a clarification all subject of arts are good enough for civil services
5th May 2013, 02:43 PM
kapila Chaudhary
Senior Member++++

To become IPS officer you need to complete Graduation from a recognized university.
Minimum qualification required to appear for IPS exams is Graduation from a recognized university.

It is under Civil Service Exam conducted once in a Year by UPSC.To become an IPS Officer One Needs to crack Civil Service Exam.

FOR IPS PREPARATION:You need focused study of subjects. You should analyze the syllabus, and hard work is needed to crack this examination.
You need to have good knowledge of current affairs and our history and administration.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:
Educational Qualifications for IPS :
Bachelor’s degree of a recognized university with at least one of the subjects namely Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Engineering or an equivalent qualification.

Age limit: 21 years must be completed on 1st August of the year, which a candidate is appearing. Maximum 30 for general category, 33 for OBCs and 35 for SCs/STs.

Number of Attempts:
Four attempts for open, seven for OBCs and no limit for SCs/STs. If a person appears in the Preliminary Examination or even one paper is counted as an attempt.

How to apply:
•Apply online by using the website http://www.upsconline.nic.in
•Apply offline by purchasing the application form from designated post offices throughout the country.
For complete details go to http://www.upsc.gov.in
10th September 2013, 05:37 PM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend,

If you want to become an IPS Officer , then you can do so only through cracking the Civil Services Exam.

The Civil Services Exam is the only Exam through which candidates like you can join the following Departments :

* Indian Administrative Services

* Indian Police Services

* Indian Foreign Services

* Indian Economic Services

The Civil Services EXam is considered as the most prestigious and the toughest examination conducted every year in which more than 10 lac candidates and only 400-500
are selected.

The Civil Services Exam is conducted every year by the Union Public Service Commission.

The Examination is conducted in the following phases :

1) Civil Services Aptitude Test

2) MAINS Exam

3) Personal Interview

This Exam is considered tough because the candidates have to pass all the three phases as if any candidate passes the first two phases and fails in the final phase then he
cannot join the above mentioned services as he has become unsuccessful in cracking the Civil Services Exam.

In order to appear for the Civil services Exam , Candidates need to have the following qualifications in them :

## Educational Qualifications :

>> The candidate must hold a Bachelor`s Degree in any Discipline from any recognized college/university.

>> The Candidate does not require any specific percentage of marks in Graduation.

>> Candidates pursuing final year Graduation can also apply.

>> The candidate should not have any pending backlogs.

## Age Limit Criteria :

>> For General Candidates : 21-30 years

>> For OBC Candidates : 21-33 years

>> For SC/ST Candidates : 21-35 years

>> For Physically Handicapped Candidates : 21-40 years

## Nationality :

>> The Candidate must be a citizen of India. OR,

>> A Subject of Nepal. OR,

>> A Subject of Bhutan.

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.
10th September 2013, 07:48 PM
sriharidatta
Member+

Respected sir/madam,

www.visioniasacademy.com

10th September 2013, 08:29 PM
venkat fias

IPS Deatials :
IPS ---- Indian police Service.
This exam conducted by UPSC Service.
3 stages on this exam, totally 9 papers on this exam.
Eligibility :
Candidates must complete any one bachelor degree on recognized university.
candidates must be on Indian Citizen.
age between on 21----30 years.
3 years relaxation on BC/MBCs.
5 years relaxation on SC/STs.
10 years relaxation on physical ability candidates.
4 attempts are allowed for General category.
7 attempts are allowed for BC/MBCs.
unlimited attempts are allowed in SC/STs.
10th September 2013, 09:50 PM
sohangoriya
Senior Member+++++

Dear friend IPS stands for Indian Police Service.

For apply IPS exam the minimum Education qualification is Graduation degree in any stream from a recognized University.

IPS exam is conducted by UPSC under Civil Services exam in every year.

Eligibility criteria:-

Candidate should be an Indian citizen.

Candidate should be completed Graduation degree in any stream from a recognized University.

Age should be between 21 years to 30 years for General category candidates.

Age relaxation for OBC category candidates 3 years

And SC/ST category candidates 5 years.

Number of Attempts:-

General category candidates - 4 time

OBC category Candidates - 7 time

SC/ST category candidates - No limit.

Physical requirement :-

Height: –

Male 165 cm Male (general also) & ST (not the SC/ OBC) – 160 cm

Female 150 cm Female (general also) & ST (not SC/ OBC)- 145 cm

Chest :–

Male Minimum 84 cm. Expansion 5 cm.

Female Min 79 cm expansion 5 cm.

Eye sight :- 6/6 or 6/9 distant vision for good eye. 6/12 or 6/9 for worst eye.
Near vision J 1 for good eye. J2 for worst eye.

Blood pressure (High) – Age 23 – 123, age 24 – 124, age 25 –122, age 28 – 124, age 30 –125, age 32 – 126, age 34 – 127.

Ear:- good listening & normal ear cavity. 1000 to 4000 frequency hearing impairment should not be more than 30 decibels.

Selection procedure :-

- Preliminary entrance exam

- Main entrance exam

- Interview

All the best.........
5th November 2014, 08:13 PM
ibrahim 9620712332

Post Re: How to become an IPS officer?

Quote:
how can i do IPS?
what i have to do IPS?
where should i have to written exams in my place or in delhi?
8th October 2020, 08:43 PM
Unregistered

There is only one way (upsc) to become an ips officer
26th January 2021, 12:26 PM
Unregistered

Which language used in UPSC interview test.
21st June 2021, 10:14 PM
Iffa0786

Eligibility criteria for IPS :

Education Qualification- Bachelor's degree from any Universities recognized by the UGC.

Age limit: Minimum 21 years.
Maximum 32 yrs on 1st of August in the year of examination.

For OBC candidates max 3years relaxation
For SC /ST max 5years relaxation

*Candidates has to pass the civil services examination conducted by the UPSC (Union Public Service Commission).
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?