30th April 2012, 05:05 PM
Unregistered

How to become an IPS officer by taking commerce?

How to become IPS officer by taking commerce...please tell me how to become one

1st May 2012, 12:47 PM
infoysis
Senior Member+++

Default Re: How to become an IPS officer by taking commerce?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
How to become IPS officer by taking commerce...please tell me how to become one
If your aspiring to become an IPS Officer then you should apply for Civil Service Examination . The Basic eligibility Criteria to apply this Examination , you should complete Bachelor degree in any discipline from recognized university .

IPS stands for India Police Service

It's one of the Civil Service Examination which is conducted by the UPSC ( Union Public Service Commission ) .

This Examination having three stages like, Preliminary Examination , Main Examination and Interview . The Preliminary Examination is based on Objective type with Multiple choice . If your qualified in Preliminary Examination and Main Examination then you may call for an Interview .

Eligibility Criteria :-

Educational Qualification :- You should be qualified in Bachelor degree in any discipline from recognized university . Final year candidate of bachelor degree may also eligible to apply for this course .

Note :- There is minimum percentage of marks required for IPS Examination . So, that if your get pass marks in Bachelor degree then your eligible to apply for this IPS Examination .

Age Limit :- Your age should be 21 years to 30 years and relaxation is applicable for sc/st candidate and obc candidates .

Number Attempts :- General candidates for 4 times / OBC candidates for 7 time and there is no limit for sc/st candidates .

Physical Standard :- You should be physically as well as mentally fit for the Examination . Physical standard very important to apply for IPS Examination .

So, If your complete Bachelor degree then your eligible to apply for this Examination .

All The Best !!!!
1st May 2012, 01:00 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to become an IPS officer by taking commerce?

IPS - INDIAN POLICE SERVICE, to become an IPS officer one has to appear and crack Civil Service Exam conducted by UPSC once every year.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream of education from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years.

Apart from this the candidate applying for IPS has to maintain a prescribed Physical Standard,

The Height of the General male candidate should be 165cm and that of female should be 150cm and for SC/ST/OBC male candidate height should be 160cm and that of female should be 145cm.

The chest of the male candidate should be 85cm and that of female should be 79cm expandable to 5cm in both the cases.

Being a Commerce Graduate you can apply for IPS through Civil Service exam which is conducted in three phases:-

CSAT-Civil Service Aptitude Test-Preliminary exam

Civil Service Main Exam

Personal Interview

For for more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?