4th March 2013, 05:54 PM
Unregistered

How to be a CA after passing ISc(Maths) with 62%?

I have passed I.sc (maths) with 62% in 2012 and i want to be a ca but i didnot know that how can i get entry in this and whatae the qualifiction needed in it so tell me what should i do to get entry into it.

26th June 2015, 10:04 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to be a CA after passing ISc(Maths) with 62%?

The first step to enter into the Chartered Accountancy course is to appear for the Common proficiency Test conducted by the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India.

Eligibility criteria for CPT:

Anyone who has passed 10th can enroll for this course but you can appear for this test only after passing your 10+2 from a recognized board.

As you have passed your 10+2 with 62% marks, you are eligible to appear for the Common proficiency test.

Details about Common Proficiency test:

This exam is conducted twice every year by the ICAI in the month of June and December respectively.

The important dates for June 2015 CPT exam is already over, you need to wait for notification of December CPT exam.

Examination pattern:

CPT is an objective test consisting of 200 marks from four different subjects:

1. Fundamentals of Accounting.

2. Economics

3. Mercantile law.

4. Quantitative aptitude.

In order to clear the test, a candidate needs to score at least 30% in each subject of test and overall 50% aggregate.

The official website of ICAI is www.icai.org.
26th June 2015, 08:07 PM
kavitagopani

Your marks does not matter if you really wish to become chartered accountant and are will to study hard. First of all you should start preparing for CA entrance test i.e. common proficiency test CPT.

Hence start preparing for the exam. This exam has generally commerce subjects. So study all the subjects carefully as this exam is not very easy.

This exam is conducted twice a year. The forms are available twice a year and the notifications for the forms are published in official websites and education newspapers.

All the best
27th June 2015, 02:30 PM
krroshan.amar

Being a CA Final Year Student i can tell you that its a two step process for becoming CA. First of all you need to have completed your Intermediate from either commerce or Science stream. CA is not meant for Arts Stream Students. Students who have appeared for intermediate exams can also apply for CPT. There isn't any minimum marks requirement in class 12th for takeing admission in CPT (Common Proficiency Test). Exams are conducted twice a year once in June and other in December.

Steps are 12th pass candidates

1. Take admission in CPT (Common Proficiency Test) its the initial level at least before march if you are appearing for June attempt and before September if you want to appear in December.
2. Fill exam form in Aprail or October
3. Pass CPT with 50 % i.e. 200 marks out of 400
4. Take admission in IPCC after Passing CPT.
5. Appear in IPCC Exam coducted twice a year in May and November. After passing IPCC, undergo articleship of 3 yers
6. Appear For Final Exam which are conducted twice a year in May and November.
7. Pass CA Final and be a CA (Chartered Accountant)

Process is different for Undergraduate Students. For More Information you can visit the official website of ICAI (Institute of Chartered Accountant of India)

www.icai.org
15th April 2021, 11:12 AM
Unregistered

I graduated in arts so I can prepared CPT exam....???
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?