2nd December 2009, 11:18 PM
shipra g

How can first year b.tech students apply for b.tech second year lateral entry in diff

how can a first year b.tech student apply for b.tech second year lateral entry in different universities or colleges?

9th December 2009, 08:20 AM
sarvenkatg

Default Re: How can first year b.tech students apply for b.tech second year lateral entry in

I cant understand the your question,...
If you are a first year student, then why you want go by lateral entry,....
Just exlplain the question,... I will reply you,....
9th December 2009, 11:56 AM

Default Re: How can first year b.tech students apply for b.tech second year lateral entry in

It depends on which university or college you are opting for.
different universities have different entry scheme for it.

contact the university or college you want to join.
10th December 2009, 08:34 AM
satyavani

Default Re: How can first year b.tech students apply for b.tech second year lateral entry in diff

the rules are different for different colleges,
but tell me how is it possible for a first year to jump to second year ?
re frame your question
11th December 2009, 05:36 AM
amarjit

Default Re: How can first year b.tech students apply for b.tech second year lateral entry in diff

i think lateral entry is for diploma students only......they can only apply foe direct second year......please refer any university for further details.........
11th December 2009, 10:44 PM
vetriselvi

see lateral entry in the second year is only for diploma students to join BE course but since you have already joined in the first year i think there is no need for you to join in the second year.
17th December 2009, 06:28 PM
arushiverma

how can a first year b.tech student apply for b.tech second year lateral entry in different universities or colleges?
i am a 1st yr BE student studying in bangalore. i want to take admission in be second year through lateral entry in mit,manipal...is it possible to get admission there???
18th December 2009, 10:31 AM
shipra g

Question Re: How can first year b.tech students apply for b.tech second year lateral entry in diff

my qstn is
"i m a first year b.tech student & i wnt 2 chng my clg in second year(i.e. wnt to apply for different univrsty) because i m not satisfied with my present status & i don't know the procedure of applying(whther it is lateral entry or transfer),i jst wnt to know terms,conditions,procedure for changing my clg & can i apply for lateral entry???????
which clg provide this facility?
18th December 2009, 01:25 PM
anuja

you can apply in different college or university but it fully depend upon respective college or university criteria ,you can personally contact at the university ,and ask tiheir rule and condition ,so that you can get full information about admission.
16th January 2010, 09:03 AM
ROHIT KUNDLIYA

its a more difference for b.tech ist yr and second years. No chance you can change this.
Good luck
18th January 2010, 12:51 AM
sumitkumarinmit

well boy this makes no sense only diploma holders can do this ............not for degree holders
18th January 2010, 12:56 AM
sumitkumarinmit

makes no scence only diploma holders can do it............
27th January 2010, 03:28 PM
tanya davar

Wink Re: How can first year b.tech students apply for b.tech second year lateral entry in

HELLO! i m a 1st year student n m interested in changing my college in 2nd year...............so i wan 2 knw d rules n regulatns 2 change my college
31st January 2010, 02:27 AM

Why do you want to do that I am unable to understan,however it is not possible.

Its possible only if that college for which you want to go for second year is also affiliated to same university.

Talk to principle,if he/she is ready to return you TC.
20th February 2010, 11:02 PM

i dont understand friend that why do you want to take admission in lateraly entry
please elaborate your question
14th March 2010, 03:42 PM

Question Re: How can first year b.tech students apply for b.tech second year lateral entry in

Originally Posted by tanya davar View Post
HELLO! i m a 1st year student n m interested in changing my college in 2nd year...............so i wan 2 knw d rules n regulatns 2 change my college
i m 'n btech 1st yr in iitt college of engg ,punjab
15th March 2010, 11:00 PM

only diploma holder students can apply for the 2nd year through lateral entry,
but the 1st year student can not take admission through lateral entry,
you will take admission after passing the 1st year.

o k
23rd March 2010, 04:11 AM
princearyan

you contact with your university...
some different condition it is possible
to take admission in different college s
but same university...
23rd March 2010, 11:39 PM
gautam d wonder lover

the rules are different for different colleges,
but tell me how is it possible for a first year to jump to second year ?
re frame your question
24th March 2010, 04:26 AM
subhasish

students who are already into 1st year BTech cannot go for lateral entry
only diploma holders have the clause to get entry into 2nd year 3rd semester via lateral entry
24th March 2010, 04:24 PM
bond007

friend the late entry for the second year is only for the those student who have already completed there 3 year diploma course.........
if you are having a diploma certificate then you can also go for 2nd year engg.
25th March 2010, 03:08 AM
mike shinoda back

if you are already into BTech 1st year then you cannot apply for lateral entry into second year
students who are diploma holders can do so
26th March 2010, 11:13 PM
nalanda

i think here you are totally confused,
so i just want to clear that only diploma holder student can take admission in the 2nd year through lateral entry,
first year students can not apply,
first year students will takes admission only after passing the 1st year exam,
ok
27th March 2010, 12:44 PM
Bella

different colleges have different procedure here is the scheme of one of the tamilnadu colleges
http://www.collegesintamilnadu.com/Admission_Tracker/2008/Lateral-Entry-BE-BTech-Direct-Second-Year.asp
13th May 2010, 11:30 AM

i also want to change my university in 2nd yr(b.tech). is their any possibility that i can do so?
17th May 2010, 05:03 PM

can I tranfer from one University to another in the IInd year after completing Ist year B.Tech
7th June 2010, 10:51 PM

i m a student of uptu.i want to change my college in 2nd year.i want another one frm my university itself..can i do it or not.if yes what s the the criteria to do that?
4th July 2010, 04:49 PM

i'm a student of uptu n going to pass 1st year . is there any provision of changing college not university in 2nd year
11th July 2010, 11:11 PM

Originally Posted by shipra g View Post

First year B.tech students are not eligible to get admission in 2nd year in other university. This is only pplicable for diploma students, the diploma holder students are eligible to get admission direct in second year in B.tech through lateral entry.

But you cannot get admission in 2nd year in b.tech in other university through lateral entry after completing your b.tech first year. Only diploma
students are eligible to get admission direct in 2nd year in B.tech.
12th July 2010, 12:12 PM
prashantmeghalia

Originally Posted by shipra g View Post
you cant take admission through lateral entry. There are many colleges which allow their topper students to change their stream after first year. You must contact your college. Maybe they will allow you too.
12th July 2010, 12:44 PM
Dkiran

hello friend,there are two chances to go for it:
1)By Mutual Exchange

2)If there is a seat available in that college you want to go.
29th August 2010, 11:50 AM
rajesh gupta 1

Dear friend;

B.Tech first year students cannot apply for b.tech

second year. For applying b.tech second year lateral

entry ; first you have diploma degree and also you have

to crack lateral entry examination.
29th August 2010, 11:51 AM
rajesh gupta 1

Dear friend;

B.Tech first year students cannot apply for b.tech

second year. For applying b.tech second year lateral

entry ; first you have diploma degree and also you have

to crack lateral entry examination.
31st August 2010, 04:40 PM
cenaetion

you are in 1st year and you want to take admission in 2nd year, for that you have to appear in lateral entry exams.. but there is a criteria , you must be a diploma holder , only then you can seat in lateral exam , otherwise you are not..

all the best..
2nd September 2010, 12:00 AM
tina toms

sorry..i dont think its possible..to enter as a lateral entry you have to do diploma course
27th September 2010, 01:44 PM

it is possible in many cases like akg , thapar UNI.....and many other state level colleges do so and my one of colleague had changed her college through LE but u should do this after completing first yrs................
28th September 2010, 04:33 PM
brainiac

let me make one thing clear to you, for a lateral entry in any college you must have a diploma . Now, as you said, you are already studying in B.Tech 1st year, so even if you have a diploma , you will be filling the form as lateral entry by next year, which according to me is unnecessary .

you should do this only if you have a problem with the college you have selected in this academic year
28th September 2010, 11:34 PM
avinash kr.

this facility are not available in any college. lateral entry examination is only for the diploma holder student. so if you done 1st year in any college then all rest year of study is done from that college. thanking you,..best of luck..
29th September 2010, 07:56 PM
mohit brh

Lateral entry for a diploma holder student but in some university there is may be possibility to change college so it is totally depend upon your university and colleges i think you should contact your colleges.
29th September 2010, 09:26 PM
kool

Thumbs up Re: How can first year b.tech students apply for b.tech second year lateral entry in diff

I would like to inform you that only diploma student can take admission in lateral entry directly in second year of B.tech.

But as a first year student you can't take admission directly in second year in other university.

Kindly, i suggest you to continue your study in your own college.

& you can take admission in other university in again first year, so it will waste your one precious year.

30th September 2010, 10:39 AM
yogeshkumarsoni

i cant understood your quesyion. but i can ans your query.
it is depend on university and college. so you get more information of your univercity and your college.
28th March 2011, 08:17 PM

AM NOT SATISFIED WITH MY COLLEGE....I GOT HERE ADMISSION BY MISTAKE..I WANT TO CHANGE MY COLLEGE FOR BE COURSE IN SECOND YEAR..WHAT ARE THE PROCESS FOR THIS..PLEASE REPLY.

NAME; PARASH SHARMA
EMAIL;[email protected]
1st April 2011, 11:51 PM
chiranjeev90

hii,
sorry there is no such provision provided in any college
and lateral entry is for the diploma holder students not for 12th class passed out science students.
so those students who have completed their diploma get directly into 2 nd year and they don't have to read the first yr.
but a non-lateral entry student has to read right from the beginning.
9th June 2011, 10:40 PM
niceeguy

can i transfer the college afterr 1sem or 1 year in mp..
18th June 2011, 12:42 AM

you can take admission in jaypee noida in this way ............its the only clg known till now who provides this procedure...
27th August 2011, 05:02 PM

i am doing my first yr , B.tech course in a collage nearby my city , i want to change the collage which is present in my city for the second yr, since i feel easy for travelling, what are the ways of changing it , is it possible , and those two collages belong to same university
27th August 2011, 09:53 PM
S-R-B

Sorry Only lateral entry is for diploma students ..they can only apply for direct second year......
You can not apply for b.tech second year lateral entry.
31st August 2011, 06:34 PM

hi,m nitya want lateral entry in 2012,dng btech so want 2 know the colege particptng in n there terms n condtn required watever they want like entrance test, n everythng related 2 it. syallabus 4 test minimun marks required,
10th September 2011, 01:11 AM

Under WBUT WHAT ARE PROVISION TO CHANGE THE COLLEGE.
19th September 2011, 03:21 PM

I am studyin in mdu affiliated btech college in 1 year, i want to take admission in diff college of same university in 2 year. How can i do it plzz tell me
by MEK