2nd July 2021, 10:39 AM
aryalekshmij

How can I apply for AMIE? Procedure for it? Is Professional engineer(PE) and AMIE have same value?

I have completed my B.Tech, M.tech and I have 5.5 years of teaching experience and currently doing my PhD degree. In this scenario,
1. how can I apply for AMIE? what is the procedure for it?
2. Is Professional engineer(PE) and AMIE have same value?
3. Can I apply for PE?

14th May 2022, 12:25 PM
cookie1902
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I apply for AMIE? Procedure for it? Is Professional engineer(PE) and AMIE have same value?

To apply for the AMIE examination a candidate will need to fill out the online application form for the examination available online and submit the same. Fill out the application form from the official website that is www.ieindia.org. Fill in all the required details and upload all the relevant documents and submit the form after paying the online application fee.

The qualification required to appear for the AMIE examination a candidate must have done 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as the main subject with a minimum score of 45% marks in aggregate from a recognized board. A candidate must be a minimum of 18 years of age at the time of examination and there is no maximum age restriction.

Anyone who graduates from an accredited engineering program can practice engineering from a legal perspective only Professional Engineers can call themselves "Engineers". The Professional Engineers license is just like lawyers and doctors passing the bar examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?