21st February 2017, 01:42 PM
Unregistered

How can I become an IPS Officer after completing Diploma course? How should I prepare for the exam?

Respected Sir, I am pursuing my Diploma course and I am in the 1st year of the course. I want to become an IPS Officer after completing my Diploma so I want to know how can I become an IPS Officer after completing Diploma course? How should I prepare for the exam? Please answer as soon as possible.

Related Questions:
  1. How can I become an IPS Officer after completing class 12th with Arts stream? Which exam should I prepare for? How a B.Sc graduate can get a Government job? How can I prepare for the job?
  2. Which stream in class 12th will be helpful to become an IPS Officer? How can I prepare for the IPS entrance exam? -- [New]
  3. What is the eligibility for IPS officer?
  4. How to become IPS officer after completing BSc? How to prepare for it?
  5. How can I prepare for UPSC exam to become an IPS Officer? Age limit to become an IPS Officer? Difference between IPS and SP?
  6. How to prepare to become an IPS officer? -- [Most Discussed]
  7. How to prepare for become an IPS officer? Requirement for joining IPS academy? Procedure for appearing for the exam? From where to get the form?
  8. How can I become an IPS officer after completing graduation? What are the physical requirements for IPS post?
  9. Is diploma qualification enough for IPS officer exam?
  10. Am I eligible for IPS officer job after completing Intermediate?
  11. How can I prepare to crack IPS Preliminary exam?
  12. How ot become an IPS officer after completing diploma in mechanical engineering?
  13. What should I do to become an IPS Officer? What is the eligibility criteria required and which exam do I have to write?
  14. How can I become an IPS officer after passing 12th exam
  15. How can I become an IPS Officer? Conditions to become an IPS Officer?
  16. How can I become an IPS Officer after completing BA (Kannada medium)? Which entrance exam do I have to give?
  17. How to become IPS officer after completing BSc(IT) diploma as well as degree
  18. How to become an IPS officer after completing B.E
23rd February 2017, 08:23 PM
kachhadiyasarika
Member+

Default Re: How can I become an IPS Officer after completing Diploma course? How should I prepare for the exam?

You are required to complete bachelor's degree after diploma to apply for IPS. Selection will be based on final merit which is prepared on the basis of performance in Preliminary Exam, Main Exam and Interview.

IPS Eligibility
- You must have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university.
- Your age should be between 21 to 30 years.
- Maximum attempts allowed 6 for General and 9 for OBC categories. No limits for SC/ST.
24th February 2017, 03:31 PM
bhushankumar398
Senior Member++

Default Re: How can I become an IPS Officer after completing Diploma course? How should I prepare for the exam?

You are in the last year of your Diploma Course and want to become IPS officer in future. But I am sorry to say that you are not eligible for IPS officer exam. UPSC conducts Civil Services Exam (CSE) every year for the recruitment of IAS, IPS officers and various other posts every year.

>>The minimum eligibility for this CSE exam is that student must possess a graduation degree. The age limit is 21-32 years. Relaxation in maximum age limit is given to reserved category students. But you have done Diploma course that’s why you are not eligible for taking CSE exam after completion of diploma course. So in my opinion you have to take admission in any bachelor’s degree completion of diploma course. After completion of graduation course you are eligible for Civil Services Exam.

Following are the tips you can follow for preparation:

**Read general studies from good book such as Manorama, Lucent, General studies by Made Easy publication etc

**Take admission in graduation course such as B.A history, B.A political science etc. As these subjects help in Preliminary as well as in Mains exam of CSE.

**Get aware of current affairs too.

**You can join any good coaching institute for the preparation.
6th July 2021, 12:11 AM
Unregistered

So im studying diploma.
well im interested to study ips so after diploma what shd i do ?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?