30th June 2013, 11:46 PM
babyvinita

How can I get admission in CA after completion of B.Com? I am interested in CA

I have completed b.com and i interested in ca. So, please tell me how i can admission in ca after completion of b.com.

1st July 2013, 06:32 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I get admission in CA after completion of B.Com? I am interested in CA

You can apply for the Chartered Accountancy course through direct entry since you have completed graduation. Direct entry means that you won't have to appear for the Common Proficiency Test.

Instead you can directly take admission for the IPCC and articleship. However to get direct entry you should meet the following criteria.

> > 55 percent marks in commerce graduation.

> > 60 percent marks in non commerce graduation.

You should see whether you are eligible for the direct entry or now. Since you have completed Bachelor of Commerce, 55 percent marks in the course are required to take direct entry.

Else apply for the Common Proficiency Test which is conducted two times in a year. First time in June and second time in December.

CPT Exam Pattern

1. Fundamentals of Accountancy

2. Economics

3. Mercantile Law

4. Quantitative Aptitude

There are two groups of 2 subjects each in the Common Proficiency Test. You will have to score 30 percent marks in each of the group to clear it. This is how you can clear the Common Proficiency Test and go ahead with taking admission for the IPCC.

Once you have taken admission for the IPCC. Start preparing for the first group exam which can be given after 9 months of study. After which you can also apply for the Articleship.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?