29th January 2012, 05:02 PM
Unregistered

How can I join Indian army as a doctor? I've completed my MBBS

dear sir ,
i have completd my mbbs along with one year rotatory internship from nepalgunj medical college ,nepal affiliated to kathmandu university in
i do not have any family background of indian army ,,it has always ben my dream to join the indian army as doctor and serve my country however i can
kindly guide to the path sir ,,i will be higly obliged

kindly yours
Dr.fatima shafaat ali

6th April 2012, 09:19 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I join Indian army as a doctor? I've completed my MBBS

You can join Army Medical Corps as Short Service Commissioned Officer. But you should not have made more than two attempts in final MBBS examination. Advertisement will be published in the website of Indian Army whenever vacancy arises. You can go through that advertisement and forward your application to the Director General of Armed Forces Medical Services. If your application gets short listed, you need to appear for an interview held by Board of Officers. You can join army after qualify the interview. Upper age limit specified for this post is 45 years.
25th June 2012, 08:45 PM
Unregistered

how can i know availability of vacancies in army as medical officer
4th January 2014, 06:01 PM
Unregistered

dear sir,
i have completed mbbs from ukraine and have cleared screening test of MCI this september. i don't have any family background of indian army, but it's my dream to be a part of it and to serve my nation. i just want to know whats the difference between short service and PC officers , since i won't be able to join PC due to age. is their difference on the level of doing PG in AMC between both the ranks and what are other things which a short service officers can't avail with respect to permanent commissioned officers.?..please guide me sir.... i will be highly obliged sir.
your's faithfully
dr.vaibhav prabal
17th February 2014, 11:03 PM
Unregistered

Hello sir, I have completed my mbbs from a gov.t college in andhrapradesh..my internship will be cmpleted in march if this year..kindly tell me how can i enter to army as a doctor..is any experience or service needed for army doctor..and how i can apply nd how can i know the availability of vacancies..i am ready to serve our army till my death..please guide me sir
13th March 2015, 11:37 PM
Unregistered

Hi I completed from Russia and cleared mci..can u tell me how should I go about regarding the internship in army hospital?
15th May 2015, 06:02 PM
Unregistered

I am student of 2nd yr studying in abroad I want to join AFMC after MBBS.
I will have to write examination of medical council of India for foreign graduate Indian students .
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?