17th May 2013, 01:00 AM
Unregistered

How can I join merchant navy after doing mechanical engineering?

If I am doing mechanical engineering can I join merchant navy say procedure how to join

Related Questions:
  1. Common application form for non upsc entries?
  2. How to join merchant navy after completing B.Tech in mechanical engineering?
  3. Do I need to any other course to join Merchant Navy after completing Mechanical engineering? -- [New]
  4. How to join Merchant Navy after diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  5. How to join Merchant Navy after passing diploma in mechanical engineering?
  6. I am 26 year and 3 months old(BE Mechanical) : Can I join Merchant Navy? Procedure to join Merchant Navy?
  7. How to join Merchant Navy after completing graduation? I am a 3rd year mechanical engineering student
  8. Can I join Merchant Navy after passing 12th? What is the requirement?
  9. Required Eligibility criteria to join Merchant Navy after completion of Graduation in Mechanical Engineering?
  10. How to make entry into Merchant Navy after completion of B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering? List of top colleges to join this course?
  11. Is it possible join Merchant Navy on Deck side after completing Mechanical Engineering?
  12. Procedure to join Merchant Navy
  13. How may I join merchant navy after completion of B.Com degree? What sort of physical fitness is required for the same?
  14. How to join Merchant Navy after completing Mechanical engineering
  15. How can I join Merchant Navy after completing B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering?
  16. Should I join merchant navy as my career after completion of my B.Tech? I have completed my B.Tech in mechanical with 66.63% marks
  17. What steps to be taken to join Merchant Navy after completion of B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering?
  18. Government colleges for Merchant Navy? How to join them? -- [Most Discussed]
20th July 2014, 12:24 AM
career.adjurer

Default Re: How can I join merchant navy after doing mechanical engineering?

After completing Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, you can join as a Marine Engineer only if you fulfil the following criteria:

• You should have scored a minimum average of 50% marks in the final year.
• Atleast 50% marks in English in the 10th or 12th class.
• You should be medically fit and meet the medical standards.
• Maximum age limit is 28years .

If you qualify in the above criteria, you will have to undergo a 1- year Pre- Sea Training Course. The courses starts in the month of January every year and has 120 seats. The selection of candidates is done through on the basis of merit and interviews.

One of the Government Institutes offering courses for Marine Engineers is Marine Engineering and Research Institute (MERI), Mumbai.
You can get the list of all the Colleges/Institutes from the website: http://www.dgshipping.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?