9th July 2013, 12:12 AM
kartik99246

How can I prepare for IPS entrance exam?

how to prepare for entrance exam for ips..please tell me how to do it

19th May 2015, 04:58 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I prepare for IPS entrance exam?

I.P.S stands for Indian Police Service and the examination is conducted by the UPSC twice in a year. The examination is considered as the mother of all the examination in India and there is no special examination for it. The UPSC conducts a common examination for all the high rank post officer as Civil Services examination.

The eligibility for the examination are :-
* Candidates must have graduation degree from any recognised university.
* Candidates age must be between 21-30 years for the general category candidates with reservation of 3 years and 5 years for the OBC and SC/ST candidates.

The examination is conducted in three stages as :-
* Preliminary.
* Mains.
* Interview.

The preliminary paper for the 2015 is going to be conducted on 23rd August 2015 and qualified candidates have their Mains paper from 18th December 2015. The notification or application forms will be released shortly on www.upsc.gov.in. There are some changes made in the paper of 2015.

The examination is of higher level and it requires determination , dedication and hard work to qualify in the examination. Generally to qualify in the examination candidates must have better knowledge of their optional paper , General studies ,English and Quantitative Aptitude. Optional may be other than the graduation discipline.

There is limitations on number of attempts to give application for the examination as it is maximum of 3 for the General , 7 for the OBC and no limit for the SC/ST.

For any information or updates visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
9th June 2015, 08:04 PM
abhi1999
Senior Member+

Default Re: How can I prepare for IPS entrance exam?

IPS stands for Indian Police Service.IPS exam is conducted by Government of India for the recruitment of brilliant and oriented candidates.

To become a IPS officer candidate have to give his/her full concentration on the chossed subjects.

Candidate who want to apply must have graduation degree from a recognized university.

Candidate age should be between 21 years to 30 years.

There are only 4 attempts for General Candidate,for OBC candidate 7 attempts and for SC/ST there is no limit.

IPS exam consist of total 9 papers which are based on different topics
Paper I--General Studies
Paper II--Language Exam
Paper III--General English
Paper IV--Essay
Paper V, VI, VII, VIII and IX--Optional Subjects

Candidate are selected on the basis of written test,physical test and interview.

For more details please go on the given website---www.upsc.co.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?