29th December 2018, 01:59 PM
Unregistered

How can I proceed to join Merchant Navy after completion of B.Sc?

Sir, I have completed my B.Sc with subjects such as Mathematics, Statistics and Computer Science. I have interest to join in Merchant Navy. So, I want to know how can I proceed further with this?

31st July 2023, 04:53 PM
Hera tabrez
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I proceed to join Merchant Navy after completion of B.Sc?

With BSc degree , you can become third officer , second officer and finally the chief officer.
Those who have completed graduation in BSc Marine, BSc Nautical science and BSc Marine catering can apply for cadet post.
The candidate has to clear IMU CET and after clearing this exam they become eligible to get admission to any college affiliated to IMU .
They are also required to undergo pre sea Training for one year at Maritime Training Institute , upon completing this compulsory training candidates applying for cadet profile will work on ships .
Post 18 months training , one can apply for competency exam conducted by Government of India and join as third officer.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?