11th October 2011, 11:21 AM
akhi_15a

How can I take admission in B.Tech after doing diploma from Polytechnic Radha Krishna Institute of Technology?

i have done diploma from Polytechnic Radha Krishna Institute of Technology (Moradabad) affiliated from Institute of Advanced Studies in Education University (I.A.S.E.). how can take admission in B.tech pls suggest.

11th October 2011, 04:11 PM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: How can I take admission in B.Tech after doing diploma from Polytechnic Radha Krishna Institute of Technology?

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhi_15a View Post
i have done diploma from Polytechnic Radha Krishna Institute of Technology (Moradabad) affiliated from Institute of Advanced Studies in Education University (I.A.S.E.). how can take admission in B.tech pls suggest.

How To Join B.Tech after Diploma

In order to join B.Tech you have 2 options

Lateral Entry Exam :- Except for IITs and NITs..almost all the colleges organize lateral entry exams for admissions to their college..

You just have to contact your desired college and obtain the lateral entry form from them..

If you manage to clear the exam then you shall get direct admission into the 2nd year of that college..

By appearing for this exam..you can only get into the stream in which you did your diploma..

The competition is low in such exams so you have a good chance of making it to your favorite college..

Engineering Entrance Exam :- By appearing for the engineering entrance exams and securing a good rank will ensure you a good college..

You can appear for the following exams :-

IIT-JEE
AIEEE
BITSAT
KCET
KIITEE
VITEE
WB-JEE

and many more..

By clearing these exams you will get into the 1st year of B.Tech of your desired college but you have the freedom to choose any stream of your choice..

all the best..

With Warm Regards
"Nitz"
11th October 2011, 06:29 PM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I take admission in B.Tech after doing diploma from Polytechnic Radha Krishna Institute of Technology?

after completion of Diploma students may take admission in B.Tech program. there are two way to take admission in B.tech program for you after completion of your diploma in engineering.

first one is through lateral entry. through lateral entry you may take admission in B.Tech directly in second year after your diploma in engineering. for lateral entry you have to appear in lateral entry entrance examination. generally this is a state level examination. after clearing the lateral entry examination through counseling you will be able to choose your institution according to your rank in the lateral entry entrance examination. you have to choose your branch of engineering which is related to your stream of study in diploma of engineering. lateral entry will save your one year. but there is no lateral entry scheme in IIT. so you can not take admission in IIT through lateral entry entrance examination.

second option appearing in engineering entrance examination. you may appear in engineering entrance examination like a 12th science pass candidates like AIEEE, IIT JEE, WB JEE and other state level engineering entrance examination if you fulfill the age criterion and other eligibility criterion to appear in any particular engineering entrance examination. if you can crack any engineering entrance examination then according to your rank you will get chance to choose your institution to take admission. through engineering entrance examination you will get chance to take admission in first year and in any stream. if you can clear the IIT JEE examination then you will be able to take admission in IIT also.

now you decide what way you will choose. i think you should try first through lateral entry examination. if you get chance to take admission in good institution through lateral entry examination then take admission otherwise you may go for engineering entrance examination. lateral entry admission will save your one year.

best of luck.
14th December 2011, 12:03 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How can I take admission in B.Tech after doing diploma from Polytechnic Radha Krishna Institute of Technology?

after diploma can i get admision in b.tech/be directly or not
2nd January 2012, 09:21 AM
Unregistered

are there need of maximum percentage (diploma marks) for giving the lateral entry exam ?
27th January 2012, 06:22 PM
Unregistered

can u provide us list of top collages where any one can get lateral entry after clearing diploma.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?