25th February 2017, 12:38 AM
Unregistered

How to chance stream of engineering? Can I write JEE Main exam once again?

Hello sir, I am studying in Civil Engineering branch at a government college through JEE Main but now I want to chance the stream. Please tell me can I write the JEE Main exam again? What should I do for it?

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to write JEE Advanced in 2017?
  2. Eligibility attempts to write JEE mains after passing 12th? -- [Most Discussed]
  3. How much marks are required in Thapar December test to get a good B.Tech branch
  4. Having 38% in Maths can I appear for JEE Main 2016?
  5. How to get into DCE by studying in Delhi for next 2 years? I have scored 91% in class 10th
  6. Can I write JEE Main for B.Tech in 2016?
  7. After 12Th in Maths stream Can I join engineering without qualifying JEE Main?
  8. Am I eligible to reappear next year if disqualified in JEE Advanced without appearing JEE Main?
  9. Am I eligible to apply for JEE Main exam after completing Diploma in Metallurgical Engineering from SBTET, Telangana? What is the minimum marks required in Diploma to apply for JEE Main exam?
  10. Can I get admission in DCE part time? I have completed diploma in ECE
  11. Can I appear in JEE 2016 if I clear by second chance compartmental?
  12. Possibilities to write JEE Main and other engineering entrance exams if got 17 marks in Mathematics from ICSE board?
  13. Any chance for mechanical engineering after scoring 61 marks in JEE mains and 65% in CBSE board exam
  14. Am I eligible to appear in JEE Main & Advanced if applied but didn't appear in this year?
  15. Is there any chance of getting an education loan just by clearing JEE Main exam?
  16. Can I give JEE Main next year if appear in Maths compartmental?
  17. Best books for JEE Main and Advanced 2016
  18. Cutoff marks required in JEE Main to get admission in NIT Durgapur for SC candidate who has secured 82% in 12th WBCHSE Board exam?
26th February 2017, 10:51 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to chance stream of engineering? Can I write JEE Main exam once again?

JEE stands for Joint Entrance Examination and same is held by CBSE once every year for admission in undergraduate technical colleges in any CFTIs ( Centrally Funded Institute of Technology ) and other private engineering colleges.

Now as far as you are concerned about your eligible for appearing in JEE then in my view as you have appeared in JEE earlier which means your educational qualification is as per the requirement.

But for the same your age must lie within 25 years by the 1st October of that year in which you are going to appear in the same examination. Apart from this one of the problem in your eligibility is the year of passing of your Class 12th as for JEE the maximum attempt allowed is three consecutive attempts starts from the year of passing of Class 12th.

If you satisfy the all criteria mentioned above then you are certainly eligible for appearing in JEE.

For more details and FAQs related to JEE you can log on to the link www.jeemain.nic.in.
27th February 2017, 08:31 PM
sravanimarupakula

Default Re: How to chance stream of engineering? Can I write JEE Main exam once again?

JEE stands for Joint Entrance Examination and same is held by CBSE once every year for admission in undergraduate technical colleges in any CFTIs ( Centrally Funded Institute of Technology ) and other private engineering colleges.

Now as far as you are concerned about your eligible for appearing in JEE then in my view as you have appeared in JEE earlier which means your educational qualification is as per the requirement.

But for the same your age must lie within 25 years by the 1st October of that year in which you are going to appear in the same examination. Apart from this one of the problem in your eligibility is the year of passing of your Class 12th as for JEE the maximum attempt allowed is three consecutive attempts starts from the year of passing of Class 12th.

If you satisfy the all criteria mentioned above then you are certainly eligible for appearing in JEE.

For more details and FAQs related to JEE you can log on to the link www.jeemain.nic.in.
27th February 2017, 09:55 PM
Sargeant
Member+

General criteria for JEE, rules and regulations:

Candidate made avail only three attempts of JEE examination.
Minimum age should not exceed 25 years of age and for reserved categories 5 years relaxation will be given.
For candidate to take admission in engineering colleges they must have passed 12th with physics,chemistry,mathematics subjects. Where for IIT's, NIT's they must have to secure 75% of marks and for SC/ST it is 65%.

As you mentioned you studying civil engineering in government college is always a boon for student. One must have to keep pensions by students, interrupting current undergraduate studies and repeat the same process again for undergraduate course.
Eitherway, if you manage to secure good aggregate in first year,there is facility for student to change their stream as per their interest , as students have to clear same subjects irrespective of their streams.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?