19th September 2010, 05:29 PM
civilnarasimha

How to clear out the Backlogs?

Hi,i have backlogs in b.tech 1st year .i have to clear those backlogs without any late .please can suggest me how i should out of those backlogs ?

14th March 2011, 07:08 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to clear out the Backlogs?

If You Have Get Backlogs In Your Course, Then Dont Worry, Just Work Hard, If You Really Want To Clear Your Backlogs.

There Is No Shortcuts And No Formulae To Passed The Backlogs Examination.

Only Hard Work Will Helps You To Passed In The Backlog Exams.

Yes, I Know That It Was Not Easy, Because You Have To Read The Other Sem Subjects Along With Backlog Paper.

So, I Will Suggest You Just Work hard, And Try To Complete Your Study According To The Syllabus, Firstly Study According to The Syllabus And Then Solve The Previous Year Papers, To Pass In Your Backlogs Examination.

So, Please Work Hard And Study That Subjects Very Seriously, Then Definitely You Will Be Able To Clear Your Backlog Exams.

All The Best

Rahul K
14th March 2011, 07:21 PM
sumitkumarsharma
Senior Member+

Wink Re: How to clear out the Backlogs?

Dear friend don't worry if you want to clear backlog then you clear backlog in this summer-vacation..........

i think in every college there is exam conduct for every backlog students.........

that's why you must clear your backlog int his summer vacation .........

you should go through syllabus of your class............

because this is your bac exam and if you read then you easily pass this backlog exam...........
14th March 2011, 07:23 PM
arvind_singh
Banned

don't worry getting back logs in engineering is normal specially in first year.it wont make

any effect in your career if you pass then before any thing worse happens to you .

just work hard .try to improve those area where you are lacking and you thinks that you

are not good that will help you to get good marks .

do proper time management and make notes .i know making notes is not that easy as no

one makes notes in engineering .but there is nothing better then it to score well and get

pass exam .

one thing more take it seriously .might be some people tell you that you will get 2 more

attempts to clear subjects don't hear them try to pass it now
14th March 2011, 07:24 PM
noddy11

Thumbs up Re: How to clear out the Backlogs?

Hello Friend,
Dont worry if you have got backlog.
As there is no shortcut to clear it but you need to work hard.

but there are simple tips to follow to pass it easily:
1. solved the paper fully in which you got backlog because some questions get repeated in backlog exam from the main paper.
2. now do last 3 years questions

you will see many questions are repeated.
so now do hard work.

ALL THE BEST
14th March 2011, 07:27 PM
rohitkumarramesh
Senior Member++++

Smile Re: How to clear out the Backlogs?

Hi

To clear your Back log the only way is to study hard. Dont worry if you
have backlog. Try to study hard and score well to improve your
percentage.

Consider the following steps to get good marks in your back exams

1.Study that topics more which are asked every year.

2.Get the previous years sample papers because about 70%
of your paper will be covered from previous year papers.

3.Attempt that unit first in which you are more confident.
Because in university exam papers the only key to get marks
is your first question. If it is attractive then you will also get
good marks in other questions.

So follow the above steps to clear your back paper.
14th March 2011, 07:43 PM
melwynjensen
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: How to clear out the Backlogs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by civilnarasimha View Post
Hi,i have backlogs in b.tech 1st year .i have to clear those backlogs without any late .please can suggest me how i should out of those backlogs ?
hello friend...

You can clear your Backlogs only by following a very important step i.e HARD WORK.. I have a friend of mine who had 20 arrears when he came into final year but he cleared all in one attempt by 8th sem because of HARD WORK.. because hard work pays.. so as you are in 1st year dont worry about the backlogs just start working hard with your current subjects just find some time daily to prepare for the exams i know its really tough for a engineering students to spend sometime daily to study wherein we want to enjoy our college days.. but keep one thing in your mind the 4yrs which you are going to spend in college will decide your future so balance your studies with the college life if you can do that am sure you will shine in your future...

All the Best..
14th March 2011, 07:45 PM
jits
Senior Member++++

Clearing backlogs is not a simple task if your presently pursuing the Engineering course since you need to focus on the present subjects and even your backlog subjects.But if you work hard and have a bit of concentration then you will surely succeed in clearing your backlogs.

The supplementary exam is even tough compared to the regular examination hence it's better that you prefer the previous year question paper's i.e both supplementary and regular so that you get a brief idea about the type of questions being asked in the examination.

Prefer standard books,refer your notes and follow previous year question papers.Its better that you prepare a time table regarding your examination and start your preparation in a proper manner.Please do avoid night outs just before the day of examination for studying.If you will follow these types am sure that you will clear all your backlogs in your supplementary exam.
14th March 2011, 08:40 PM
lakshmiharathi.kota
Member+

to clear backlogs just do hard work for the supplementary exams and do not neglect present semester exams.

i want to suggest some tips to you. these tips will also help you to pass all your semester exams.
1.improve your hand writing first impression is the best impression.
2.draw boarders in your booklet.
3.use pencil and pen only , do not use different colour sketch pens.
4.underline side headings.
5.write points wise, do not write answers as paragraphs.
6.refer previous papers.
7.sometimes questions may ask indirectly first understand question and write suitable answers.
8.refer your running class notes for preparation.
9.divide your syllabus and study well.
10.write one time the repeated questions from previous paper , one time writing = ten times reading.

All The Best.
14th March 2011, 09:31 PM
vikas9862638964

for clearing the backlogs you have to just concentrate on your clas notes there is no need study other material thes can increase only your work and waste your time.so only concentrate on your class notes and read them very carefully.
14th March 2011, 09:39 PM
Somesh Goenka
Senior Member+++

Backlogs are a part of an engineers life and trust me these backlogs make an engineer tough.

I agree that it is very difficult to study for previous semester subjects along with those of the running semester, but then you have to study it once.
Maybe you did not study well earlier, so you have to do it now anyhow.

So you need to plan your day accordingly.

I am not saying that stop all activities and study, but plan your day.

I reckon that you must have 5 units in each subject.

So best possible solution is prepare atleast one unit of the subject in which you have a backlog each week.

In this way, you can completely cover the subject in one month.

The best way to study is prepare your notes. You can always ask the lecturers for help and im sure they will be glad to help you out.Dont take take notes from other students, you can refer to them, but make your own notes, they help you clear the topics more clearly.

Infact you can use this strategy for any subject, it is best and that is what I also follow.

Wish you all the best.
14th March 2011, 09:41 PM
Arvi.S

Hello,
To clear your backlog there are no so called methods or procedure following which will help you to clear your backlogs.

All that you need is :
1) Self Confidence
2) Self belief
3) Hard work
4) Honesty

There is no other powerful weapon than hard work to defeat your backlogs. Be confident. Start your preparation early,schedule it properly and complete it at ease.

All the Best ! ! !
14th March 2011, 10:32 PM
mayank shekhar singh

Quote:
If you have backlog than don't worry you work hard and you will clear your backlog .

As we know that backlog clearing is not easy ,but working heard you will clear the backlog .

you will clear your exam by faith in GOD and self confident .

BEST OF LUCK
14th March 2011, 10:47 PM
soumyasmruti

Location: Flat No:- 205, Omm Ville, Shree vihar, BHUBANESWAR, Orissa, India

It's a very easy task. For any paper you will need a minimum of 3 days rigorous preparation.

At first brush up all the topics in 1.5 days. Then pick up last 5 years question papers and check out the common questions and practice them out. Then read out all the short question you are bound to get 50% of the questions from the previous years question bank.

And if you can get hold of gud notes on the subject it will be an icing on the cake. All the best. Try hard and work smart.
14th March 2011, 10:59 PM
deep_4
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Backlogs are Not a Big job You can Clear it with Ease But only if you have Good Dedication and Hard work towards that Subject.

If you have Year Down Rule then you need to Pass it before it gets Critical Subject For you.

Study that Subject with Good Practice, i am not saying that Study every day every Night, But when the Exam will be there before One month Give at-least 3 hrs of Study to it.

Without This i don't think you can Clear it That's why it needs Dedication and HARD work (Practice)

For Backlog Subject start Marking Notes every Day in the Stipulated Time in your Suitable Schedule.
15th March 2011, 01:16 AM
ravik1214
Senior Member++++

There is no any alternate way of getting success. In other words ,there is no any shortcut of getting success .
You will have to Study the subjects carefully . I am providing you some tips .Follow these tips for avoiding such kind of situation in future :

1.Have a look at the old year papers and prepare strictly according to the syllabus.

2.You will need hard work .It is little difficult to study the things which you had left
previously .So, don’t take it otherwise.

3.Think positively because positive thinking also affects the exam in its own manner.This
fact is explained in the book “The secret”. So , avoid negative thinking.

4.Practice regularly because practice makes a person perfect.

5. Instead of studying overnight , always prefer to study in early morning .

6.This backlog paper can create problems in future so try to avoid such situation as soon
as possible.

7.Don’t try to right just lengthy answers but try to put the concepts there. It is totally a
misconception that the students getting good marks writes very lengthy answers. So, avoid such things.

FOLLOW ABOVE STEPS AND PRACTICE AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE TO GET THE SUCCESS.
15th March 2011, 02:45 AM
wagle
Senior Member+

Study that Subject with Good Practice

The supplementary exam is even tough compared to the regular examination hence it's better that you prefer the previous year question paper's i.e both supplementary and regular so that you get a brief idea about the type of questions being asked in the examination.

Backlogs are Not a Big job You can Clear it with Ease But only if you have Good Dedication and Hard work towards that Subject.

If you have Year Down Rule then you need to Pass it before it gets Critical Subject For you.

So, Please Work Hard And Study That Subjects Very Seriously, Then Definitely You Will Be Able To Clear Your Backlog Exams.
15th March 2011, 06:18 AM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

hello friend..

be regular to few semesters

be in touch with your lecturers

don't get disheartened..

definitely you'll pass

follow your own methods to present the answers in effective and marks scoring manner..

don't hesitate to clear exams

have a long look in to your career

you'll mentally fix that you have to clear your back logs this time only.

all the best

~aditya~
15th March 2011, 08:50 AM

Just relax and workhard, study atleast 1/2 hour for that backlog paper then by following this you will automatically get the results.
15th March 2011, 09:18 AM
09anushkasharma

if u have got backlogs, then u have to worry about it. don't take it lightly.one thing u must remember is that don't compare yourself with others. try to compare your life with yourself.u will definately feel good. be strong and corageous to face all the problems. regarding subject, first try to find out, which topics are hard to understand for u. then try to learn those topics from others. and regularly study for 2 hours. don't leave the easy topics. practice as much as u can. and remember the success mantra, "i have to do it and i can do it.. No one can stop me." still sometimes if u are discouraged at any time, then wait, take a deep breath, think for some time what to do, then again move on.. don't stop untill u get ur sucess..
15th March 2011, 09:50 AM
rks@estate
Senior Member+

Hii Friend,

TIPS to clear Backlogs are as follows: -

1. Study according to the syllabus

2. Practice more & more questions.

3. Work Hard

4. Take guidence from the faculty

5. Prepare whole syllabus

6. Prepare according to the previous year paper.

etc.

Best of Luck
15th March 2011, 11:28 PM
Taurus47
Senior Member+

hii

to clear out the Backlogs
To clear your Back log the only way is to study hard. Dont worry if you
have backlog. Try to study hard and score well to improve your
percentage.
Consider the following steps to get good marks in your back exams
1.Study that topics more which are asked every year.
2.Get the previous years sample papers because about 70%
of your paper will be covered from previous year papers.
3.Attempt that unit first in which you are more confident.
Because in university exam papers the only key to get marks
is your first question. If it is attractive then you will also get
good marks in other questions.
So follow the above steps to clear your back paper.
Prefer standard books,refer your notes and follow previous year question papers.Its better that you prepare a time table regarding your examination and start your preparation in a proper manner.Please do avoid night outs just before the day of examination for studying.If you will follow these types am sure that you will clear all your backlogs in your supplementary exam.

good luck
15th March 2011, 11:36 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

You mentioned that you have backlogs in your B.Tech 1st year but you did not mention the year which you are pursuing now.

Backlogs in the 1st year of B.Tech is often we can see with some several students even in the cases of students who have got excellent marks in their 10+2.

This may because of several reasons like
-lack of sufficient time
-new to the subject
-freedom environment soon after 10+2

It may vary from one to other.

What ever the reason it is backlogs will not be a problem if you are able to complete them by the end of your graduation.

Try to see that you will not have any backlogs by the time you complete your graduation.

For this what i suggest you to spend maximum of 2 hours of time to prepare for the exams which you have backlogs that too in early morning session.
15th March 2011, 11:57 PM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

if you have any backlog in 1st year you have to wait for one year to clear it. you should appear in the next year backlog examination on that paper. before that you can not clear your backlog.

when you will be in second year then form fill up for the first year backlog paper as well as second year regular paper. on the day of the examination of the paper of first in which you have backlog you have to also appear in the examination. if you can secure the qualifying marks in this examination then your backlog will be cleared.

as you have backlog i will suggest you to study attentively the paper. you should clear your backlog this year positive otherwise you have to wait one year more. which is not good for your career. so just try not to get any backlog further study attentively from the beginning of the semester.

best of luck.
16th March 2011, 01:27 AM
wiki_kumar

You yourself know the answer ,

think...

yes you are right , you just need to do a little bit of hard work and smart study.

Some tips you might find useful:-

1.Make a time table and stick to it...

2.List the important topics and do them first.
Note: Previous year papers helps a lot.

3.Don't just concentrate on previous subjects keep studying your current subjects in advance to your class.
This will build your confidence.

one more thing...

Never Give Up !!!

BEST OF LUCK !!!!
16th March 2011, 07:45 AM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

hi..
back logs in the first year really disappoints the students and brings his moral really down and the student even starts failing in the subsequent years,
it is very important to clear the back log as early as possible or at the earliest,
if there is an supplementary exam in your college then its better to complete the exam in supplementary itself.,
start preparing for the subject in which you have failed at least two months before only,
also practice the previous years papers and see that what kind of questions are being asked ,
also if possible take the help of the faculty member who thought that subject that will be really help full.
also prepare from some question bank that will reduce your work load in finding the answers and really save your time
16th March 2011, 10:59 AM
Adz

U have got a clear intention to clear it...and not too late....that itself is half work done!
Pls make sure that u are in touch with that particular paper everyday along with the current papers. Solve as many old question banks as you can and am sure you are clearing it this time.

Make one point very clear in mind that this backlog should not affect the other current papers and put in your best for the subjects you feel are little taxing.

All the very best!
16th March 2011, 12:45 PM
jaydeepgohil

don't take tension if we get backlog during engineering then its will also clear.
but it should be clear in the first chance then it will not affect the placement time...
clear it in first chance the it is affecting the whole result of B.tech....
16th March 2011, 03:19 PM
RAKESH KUMAR.N
Senior Member+

Quote:
-->Most of the Student have Backlogs,then what steps you have taken to Clear the Subject is Matter and How you Work hard with that Subject

-->Additional 20 to 30% Efforts should be made on the Backlogs Subject

-->Try to clear here on,all the paper with out Backlogs,because for Core Company you should not have Arrears from 2nd to 4th Years with 75% Aggregate,If you are going for Software Company then no Need to Worry they need 65% is Aggregate Mark

-->Most of the Student get Backlogs ,the main reason for that is they start Preparing before One Month of Exam and they won't do Revision,try to avoid that link studies

-->Start Before 2 month,they you will feel Better and Some Enjoyment is needed in College Life that Happens

-->At the Exam time don't go for Group Studies and Don't use Mobile Phone this is Very much Important Point

-->Concentrate on Important Topic First and then go through more Previous year question Paper

All the Best
15th April 2011, 10:34 PM
devendergora

Many students get backlog, so no need to panic.
You can study them in your summer vacation and pay attention to those areas due to which you were not able to clear them.
16th April 2011, 12:26 AM
chiranjeev90

hi,
some usual tips that i will be suggesting to get clear all the back logs are:-
1.improve your hand writing as first impression is the last impression.
2.draw boarders in your booklet.
3.use pencil and pen only , do not use different colour sketch pens.
4.underline side headings.
5.write points wise, do not write answers as paragraphs.
6.refer previous papers.
7.sometimes questions may ask indirectly first understand question and write suitable answers.
8.refer your running class notes for preparation.
9.divide your syllabus and study well.
10.write one time the repeated questions from previous paper , one time writing = ten times reading.

best of luck
7th September 2011, 09:41 PM
teeks
Senior Member+

dear what kind of question you are asking you very well know the answer of this question only hard work can make you to pass the backlogs only start doing hard work there is no other formula to clear off the backlogs
23rd September 2011, 04:46 PM
manas.europhia
Senior Member++

Location: Qr.No.- FR-99/8 ,SAILASHREE VIHAR , CHANDRASEKHAR PUR , BHUBANESWAR, ORISSA, PIN - 751021.

You Have Get Backlogs In Your Course, Then Dont Worry, Just Work Hard, If You Really Want To Clear Your Backlogs.

Yes, I Know That It Was Not Easy, Because You Have To Read The Other Sem Subjects Along With Backlog Paper.

So, I Will Suggest You Just Work hard, And Try To Complete Your Study According To The Syllabus, Firstly Study According to The Syllabus And Then Solve The Previous Year Papers, To Pass In Your Backlogs Examination.

25th September 2011, 05:02 AM
Unregistered

the seriousness of backlog is understood by a person who has suffered from a failure.Calm your nerves my friend and look upon this as an opportunity to improve your marks.Try to hardwork along with smart work by improving your management and presentation skills.
19th January 2012, 11:50 AM
edward1989

If You Have Get Backlogs In Your Course, Then Dont Worry, Just Work Hard, If You Really Want To Clear Your Backlogs.

22nd January 2012, 04:49 PM
kavya_guddi

All The Best
20th February 2012, 09:45 PM
Unregistered

k my dear frenz i will hard work but the problem is that my confidence level is too low n so how to over come this:-(???
22nd February 2012, 12:13 AM
aspire007

Dear friend don't worry if you want to clear backlog then you clear backlog in this summer-vacation..........

i think in every college there is exam conduct for every backlog students.........

because this is your bac exam and if you read then you easily pass this backlog exam...........
26th February 2012, 10:49 PM
edward1989

26th February 2012, 11:39 PM
edward1989

don't worry getting back logs in engineering is normal specially in first year.it wont make

any effect in your career if you pass then before any thing worse happens to you .

just work hard .try to improve those area where you are lacking and you thinks that you

are not good that will help you to get good marks .

do proper time management and make notes .i know making notes is not that easy as no

one makes notes in engineering .but there is nothing better then it to score well and get

pass exam .

one thing more take it seriously .might be some people tell you that you will get 2 more

attempts to clear subjects don't hear them try to pass it now
7th June 2013, 10:18 AM
Unregistered

i completed 2year i have m-3 and ptsp backlog how i should clear it only a week time is left.
8th July 2014, 05:31 PM
Unregistered

i have only one attempt to clear physical chemistry so how to clear it along with other subjects
5th December 2015, 01:55 PM
Unregistered

Having 8 Backlogs in B.tech Under PTU,Can anyone help me to clear my all backlogs my paying MONEY or by any other method , if anyone can whatsapp or call at 918968515964
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?