28th September 2015, 10:56 AM
Unregistered

How a Diploma student can write IIT engineering exam?

I am completed diploma in electrical branch. How can write iit engineering course if it is possible in any way?

Related Questions:
  1. Can a diploma student write IIT JEE?
  2. How to join NIT and IIT after completion of diploma coruse?
  3. Am I eligible to write IIT JEE? I am pursuing diploma(final year student) in electronics engineering from government polytechnic college under UPTU
  4. Procedure to study in IIT for Mechanical Engineering Diploma student?
  5. In which entrance exam I have to appear to study B.Tech(ME) in IIT being a Diploma student? Procedure to apply?
  6. Eligibility criteria for diploma Automobile Engineering students for IIT JEE? Which are the courses offered?
  7. Can I write IIT Entrance if I am a 3rd year diploma student
  8. Can diploma student get admission in IIT colleges? Which exams need to be appear and the percentage necessary in diploma?
  9. How can I get admission in IIT being a student of Diploma in Electronics & Communication Engineering?
  10. How to do B.Tech from IIT or B.E from DCE after diploma engineering in CS?
  11. Possibility to study B.Tech in IIT for Engineering Diploma student?
  12. Mechanical engineering in IIT after diploma in mechanical engineering? -- [Most Discussed]
  13. Can I study Aeronautical Engineering in IIT being an Automobile Engineering Diploma final year student?
  14. Is it possible to get admission in IIT after completing 3 years Diploma in Mechanical Engineering course?
  15. Can I study B.Tech in IIT after completing Diploma course? Course duration of B.Tech in IIT for Diploma student?
  16. Admission in IIT-Bombay for Diploma in Industrial Electronics student?
  17. How to apply for diploma lateral entry exam for engineering in Tamilnadu while in ECE diploma?
  18. How to become an IFS officer? I am studying in civil engineering diploma course
28th September 2015, 03:52 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How a Diploma student can write IIT engineering exam?

Sorry, you are not eligible to appear for the admission in the IIT for pursuing the higher sudies(B.tech).

The required qualification to get the admission in the IIT is candidates must have passed or pursuing the 10+2 with the PCM as main subject from the recognised board. Since you do not have the PCM as main subject you are not eligible to appear for the JEE Mains and the Advance examination conducted for the admission in the IIT.

But you are eligible to get the admission in the B.tech through the LEET examination conducted by the different institute for the admission directly in the 2nd year directly.
28th September 2015, 08:09 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

No, being the diploma holder you are not eligible to pursue the B.tech course from the recognised Indian Institute of Technology which is considered as the India's best institute for the technical courses.

To get the admission in the engineering course for the diploma candidates the candidates have to qualify in the LEET examination conducted by the different state education board and the private institution.

The candidates who have passed the 10+2 along with the Physics, Chemistry and the Mathematics as the main paper are only eligible to get the admission in the IIT after qualifying in the JEE examination.
28th September 2015, 09:50 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Diploma candidates are not eligible for admission in Indian Institute of Technology. You can write Joint Entrance exam mains only for the admission in NITs, IIITs or other government engineering colleges.

Any candidate who has done 10+2 from a recognized board with PCM or its equivalent is eligible for the JEE mains application.

You can apply for the JEE mains for 2016, notification will be released in November 2015.
29th September 2015, 11:27 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am completed diploma in electrical branch. How can write iit engineering course if it is possible in any way?
Dear friend,

You cannot appear for IIT Entrance Exam (now called JEE Advanced Exam). The reason behind this statement is that you are not eligible for it.

Actually, diploma candidates are not eligible to appear for JEE Advanced Exam.

For appearing in JEE Advanced Exam,

Firstly, you will have to be passed/appearing from 10+2 with PCM or PCMB stream.

Then, you must appear for JEE Main Exam and qualify it for JEE Advanced.

If you pass these above two hurdles, then you can appear for JEE Advanced Exam.

However, as you had completed your Diploma then you take admission in B.Tech through Lateral Entry Exam conducted by each institution for admission of Diploma Holder candidates.

Here, you may prefer these books for your Lateral Entry Exam preparation:

LEET Lateral Entry Entrance Test: Lateral Entry to Engineering Degree Programmes for Diploma Holders (2nd year/3rd Semester)
Author: G. K. P
Publisher: G K Publications

LEET Lateral entry entrance test: Specially Prepared for Harayana
Author: Gkp
Publisher: G. K. Publications Pvt. Ltd

LEET (Lateral Entry Engineering Test by V. Kapoor
Publisher: Gk Publishers
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?