10th December 2012, 08:57 PM
rajeswari anand

How to do B.Arch after doing diploma in Architecture

Hi have done my diploma in architecture. Twenty years bac Now i am planning to do b Arch. Is there any age restrictions? what are all the eligibility for the same.

Related Questions:
  1. How to join B.Arch in Architecture after passing diploma in Architecture Assistantship?
  2. Procedure to do correspondence in B.Arch after doing diploma in Architecture?
  3. Is it possible to get a seat in Civil/Architecture after securing 62 in B.Tech and 33 in B.Arch in Meghalaya?
  4. Correspondence courses from Abroad equivalent to Architecture for Civil engineer with 21 years work experience?
  5. AIEEE BArch. Rank required for admission in architecture -- [Most Discussed]
  6. How can I do diploma after passing B.Tech or B.Arch correspondence
  7. What should I do between B.Arch regular or correspondence
  8. Diploma in Architecture is possible for 12th student? Whether a 3 years Architecture Diploma holder is eligible to study B.Arch? -- [New]
  9. What are the best career options for girls after 12th PCM?
  10. In which college can I get after scoring 259.6 B.Arch rank?
  11. What is the procedure to do B.Arch in Atlanta?
  12. Documents needed for admission in Diploma of Architecture? Top 10 colleges for pursuing Diploma in architecture?
  13. How to join B.Arch after diploma? What are the colleges in Chennai that offer B.Arch for diploma holders?
  14. What is the procedure to join B.Arch after completing diploma in Architecture? Names of colleges offering the B.Arch lateral entry?
  15. How to get admitted for B.Architecture after completing diploma in Architecture?
  16. What are the colleges applicable for AIEEE all India rank 33869 ?
  17. Can i get admission in SPA through NATA exam?
  18. Can I get good private college after scoring an AIR of 206190 in AIEEE and 32483 state rank?
19th August 2017, 01:08 PM
yogeshsharma3047
Senior Member+++

Thumbs up Re: How to do B.Arch after doing diploma in Architecture

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeswari anand View Post
Hi have done my diploma in architecture. Twenty years bac Now i am planning to do b Arch. Is there any age restrictions? what are all the eligibility for the same.

If you want to do bachelors in architect after diploma then you can apply through lateral entry procedure through which applicant with diploma have direct admission to second year of bachelors and duration of bachelor degree is reduced from 4 years to 3 years. Here below are details regarding Lateral entry procedure in bachelors degree:-

Eligibility for Bachelors through Lateral Entry:-

>> Applicant must have done diploma from government recognized institute.

>> Applicant must have obtained minimum 60% marks in diploma.

>> Applicant must not have any backlog left in diploma course at the time of application.

Syllabus for B.Arch Course:- Major subjects to be studied are Architecture design, Building construction, Theory of structures, Building science and services, Building management, History of architecture, Architectural drawing, Computer and software applications in designing etc.

:- As you have done diploma in architect twenty year back, then you can apply for bachelors of architect through correspondence mode. Here Below are colleges offer bachelors in architect from distance learning mode:-

List of Colleges Offer Correspondence B.Arch:-

1). Rizvi College of Architecture.(Mumbai).

2). International Institute of Fashion Technology.(Delhi).

3). Veermata Jijabai Technological Institute.(Mumbai).

4). Jamia Millia Islamia University.(Delhi).

5). Cochin University of Science and Technology.(Cochin).

6). Guwahati College od Architecture.(Assam).

7). Sikkim Manipal School of Architecture.(Sikkim).

8). BKPS College of Architecture.(Pune).
20th August 2017, 11:19 AM
manjira...

Default Re: How to do B.Arch after doing diploma in Architecture

The candidates can apply for B.Arch after completing diploma in Architecture through Lateral Entry in the second year of B.Arch course. There are many colleges which allow admission through lateral entry however the candidates need to qualify the LEET examination.

LEET is Lateral Entry Entrance Test. After completing diploma the candidates need to apply for LEET which is a entrance examination held for the admission of candidates through lateral entry.

The eligibility criteria for Lateral entry are

Candidates should have complete diploma course from a recognized university.

Candidates need to score a minimum of 50% in diploma level. There should be no pending backlog.

The age of the candidates should be minimum 18 years during admission.

You can also apply for B.Arch through distance mode. There are several reputed universities that offers distance education in B.Arch. You need to have a minimum marks of 50% in diploma. There is no age limitation in distance mode education.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?