1st February 2013, 11:56 AM
mohitsha

How to do B.Tech after passing 12th from commerce?

I m 12 passed from commerce sites. I want do b-tech how do b-tech

21st July 2013, 11:36 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to do B.Tech after passing 12th from commerce?

Usually 12th passed candidates with science as the main stream can apply for B.Tech course. They should have studied Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as subjects. Admission to the course is done via entrance test. IIT JEE, MHT CET, etc are the entrance tests conducted for admission. Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics forms the syllabus for such entrance tests.
23rd July 2013, 07:44 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

It is not possible to do Bachelor of Technology if completed 12th standard with commerce stream. You will have to consider commerce graduation course like Bachelor of Commerce or perhaps some other option.

Rest be assured that Bachelor of Technology is not an option for you for simple reason. You must have taken science subjects in 12th to apply for B.Tech. The subjects to have take are:

Physics

Chemistry

Maths

In absence any one of the three subjects, you are not eligible for the Bachelor of Technology course. Since you are commerce student at best you might have taken Maths subject. Physics and Chemistry and still missing therefore it rules out possibility of doing Engineering course.

To apply for Engineering you are required to appear for entrance exam for which these subjects are necessary. For Engineering degree you have to appear for Joint Entrance Exam (JEE).

JEE Eligibility

1. You should have finished 12th standard from recognized board.

2. Physics, Chemistry and Maths should be subjects.

3. Diploma in Engineering holders are also eligible.

4. There is no percentage criteria.

5. You should not be more than 25 years old.

6. SC/ST are given 5 years relaxation.

7. You will first appear for JEE Mains.

8. Top 150,000 will go ahead and appear for JEE Advanced.
28th July 2013, 01:40 PM
Dharm27
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohitsha View Post
I m 12 passed from commerce sites. I want do b-tech how do b-tech

Dear Aspirant,

♦> It is Impossible to go for B.Tech because you have completed your 12th in Commerce which is not permitted.......

♦> A candidate who have completed their 12th in the Science stream with the Subjects of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics only can go for the B.Tech course via Various Entrance-exam of Engineering field like JEE, MHT CET exam......

♦> For Becoming eligible for this exam a candidate must have completed at least their 12th with PCM Subjects since, you have the commerce stream you have maths subjects but, it is not the Engineering Maths so, you can not applicable for it.....

♦> A candidate must have to apply for the JEE Exam now a days for applying their Bachelor course in Engineering, JEE stands for the Joint Entrance Exam which is conducted in the two phase:
  1. JEE Main
  2. JEE Advance

♦> It is not possible for you so, go for the other field of Commerce where you can applicable that is like Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com) or other.....

♦> Form the B.Com Field you can get job in the following field like:
  1. Banking
  2. Finance
  3. Business
  4. Marketing

With Regards.....
DHARM
10th August 2014, 07:14 PM
Unregistered

i want to become a software engineer and i am exellent in computer but i have taken commerce after 10th with subject sp and hindi. what shoul i do plz tell me. please
26th September 2015, 12:06 PM
Unregistered

can i do B.E after 12th commerce and i not eligible for b.e but why students who complete 12th with science are eligble for b.com but student who complete 12th with commerce are not eligble for B.E or B.TECH why this is wrong.
27th September 2015, 01:43 AM
RRAL

It is sorry to inform you that you can not do the B.tech course with the commerce field.

B.tech is Bachelor in technology a bachelor degree course with the duration of four years. The eligibility criteria for this course is, go have a successfully passed +2 course from a recognised board with good percentages with PCM background.
29th September 2015, 06:17 PM
ant man

Yes you can do B.Tech after completing 12th with commerce but it will take 6 years to do so.

Directly you can't do B.Tech after 12th commerce. You can apply for Diploma in engineering course after 12th commerce, after that you can apply.

The entrance exam for diploma will be conducted once in a year, which is called as polytechnic entrance exam.

For doing Diploma in engineering :
>>A candidate must completed wither 10th or 12th.
>>There is no marks percentage bar in 12th.

After completing diploma you can directly join b.tech 2nd year. The duration of diploma course is 3 years and after that you will complete b.tech in next 3 years.

So this means that you can complete B.Tech in 6 years after completing 12th commerce.
4th May 2017, 10:25 PM
Unregistered

I'm completed 12 passed with biology,physics ,chemistry can I study B.tech
23rd June 2018, 05:01 PM
Unregistered

I'm complete diploma engineering in information technology in next year so what can I
9th February 2019, 01:51 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i want to become a software engineer and i am exellent in computer but i have taken commerce after 10th with subject sp and hindi. what shoul i do plz tell me. please
You can opt for BCA(Bachelors in Computer Application) but you will have to complete your masters preferably MCA to be treated as an equivalent to a B.Tech graduate.
22nd July 2020, 08:08 PM
Unregistered

Can I do B tech after passing the polytecnic Entrance exam not by Doing the diploma course of 3 years
25th July 2020, 12:01 AM
doctor sahiba
Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Can I do B tech after passing the polytecnic Entrance exam not by Doing the diploma course of 3 years
No, by merely passing the entrance exam for polytechnic diploma and not doing the 3 year diploma course, you will not get admission on the basis of that.
You will have to give the entrance exam for admission into the B.tech ug course. Only if you fulfill all the needed eligibility criteria ,then only you will be eligible for admission into the B.tech course.
Only if you had completed your polytechnic diploma of 3 years, you would be eligible for the lateral entry scheme.
1st November 2020, 05:19 PM
Unregistered

Hey! I opted for commerce with IP in 11th but I want to go for courses like b.tech . without taking pcm can I go for b.tech is there is any option so please tell me.
1st November 2020, 05:21 PM
Unregistered

I opted for commerce with IP in class 11 but I want to do b.tech is there any option from which I can do b.tech like applying for another exam that will give me entry to b.tech
19th May 2021, 02:16 PM
Unregistered

I opted for IT as my subject with commerce, can I apply for b.tech?
19th May 2021, 02:17 PM
Unregistered

I opted for IT as my subject with commerce can I apply for b.tech?
4th June 2021, 09:54 PM
Unregistered

Can I do betech after 12th with commerce
14th August 2021, 02:38 PM
Unregistered

I want multiple Plus two, commerce and science ,,,is it possible??
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?