19th January 2012, 04:15 PM
Sheikh Nida

How to do fashion designing course? I have finished my 10th standard

Hi.... em nida... I hav fnshd ma 10th... Nwe i waz thnkng f joinng fa fashn designing course.. Bt i hav no much knowledge bout dis course... Em frm shimoga... So plzz hlp meh in takng a rght decision.. N iz t vil b gud in future... N whr shld i join dis course... Thanq..

6th March 2012, 03:06 PM
infoysis
Senior Member+++

Default Re: How to do fashion designing course? I have finished my 10th standard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheikh Nida View Post
Hi.... em nida... I hav fnshd ma 10th... Nwe i waz thnkng f joinng fa fashn designing course.. Bt i hav no much knowledge bout dis course... Em frm shimoga... So plzz hlp meh in takng a rght decision.. N iz t vil b gud in future... N whr shld i join dis course... Thanq..

If your Interested to apply for Fashion designing course then you should apply for diploma course like,
  • Diploma in Fashion Designing
  • Diploma in Fashion and Interior Designing
  • Diploma in Fashion Design and Merchandising
  • Diploma in Fashion Design and Clothing Technology

Eligibility Criteria :-

You should be qualified in 10th standard or equivalent examination with 50% percentage of marks from recognized university. The admisison for Diploma course is based on the percentage of marks in 10 standard .

After completing you diploma course in Fashion Designing you may apply for bachelor degree like,
  • B.A in Fashion Design
  • B.Sc in Fashion Designing
  • B.Sc in Fashion Technology
  • B.Sc in Fashion Designing (Hons)

If your interested to apply for bachelor degree in Fashion designing Course then you should qualified in 12th standard or diploma course from recognized university . You should score minimum 50% percentage of marks in 12th standard . The admission for this course is based on the entrance examination which is conducted by the Institution . The entrance examination like ,NIFT / NID / SNDT / PEARL etc..

Best Institute for Fashion Designing Course :-
  • National Institute of Fashion Technology
  • School of Fashion Technology
  • Pearl Academy Of Fashion
  • International Institute Of Fashion Technology
  • Amity School Of Fashion Technology
  • National Institute Of Design
6th March 2012, 03:48 PM
krithij23

Smile Re: How to do fashion designing course? I have finished my 10th standard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheikh Nida View Post
Hi,
If you have to apply for the course immediately after 10th standard,then you are allowed to do diploma courses:

Diploma in Fashion Designing
Diploma in Fashion and Interior Designing
Diploma in Fashion Design and Merchandising
Diploma in Fashion Design and Clothing Technology

You may apply for Bachelor degree after 12th standard.
B.A in Fashion Design
B.Sc in Fashion Designing
B.Sc in Fashion Technology
B.Sc in Fashion Designing (Hons)

The best colleges offering Fashion designing in India are:

NIFT : National Institute of Fashion Technology
NID : National Institute of Design
JIMS: JaganNath Institute of Management Sciences
SATYAM (SNDT): Satyam Fashion Institute, Noida
PEARL : Pearl Academy of Fashion
NIIFT : Northern India Institute of Fashion Technology
SNDT: Premlila Vithaldas Polytechnic
SRISHTI : Srishti School of Art, Design & Technology
IICD : Indian Institute of Craft & Design
FDDI : Footwear Design & Development Institute
IID : MIIT’s Institute of Design
SID : Symbiosis Centre of Design
Apeejay : Apeejay Institute of Design
Institute of Apparel Management

Any queries regarding important dates,announcements regarding fashion designing can be viewed in the following link:
http://www.afsfashion.com/indian-fashion-institutes.php

All the best.
14th June 2012, 11:45 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How to do fashion designing course? I have finished my 10th standard

.hi i am ananya...now i am in class 12 after 12 i want to do fashion dezining cource so what to do ????????????
15th June 2012, 01:58 PM
jhlkgrwl

Dear.
You first need to complete 10+2.
If you want to fashion designing then it not necessary to have a compulsory subject but if you want to go for fashion technology then you have to opt for PCM.
In the fashion designing category you have various sub-categories like apparel design, leather design etc. You can start preparing for it from now. There are various coaching institutes for it. You can even study at home from books.
Entrance exam of NIFT and NID is really difficult. But your hardwork can lead you to success. BEST OF LUCK.
18th September 2012, 05:11 PM
Unregistered

hi i m surendhar...now im finished my ug fashion designing course. i need to learn some designer courses in fashion designing.
26th November 2012, 11:20 AM
Unregistered

hi i am deepali.now i passed b.SC. 1st with chem., maths, comp. science ,bt i want to do fashion designing .so wat to do?
30th April 2013, 01:44 PM
Unregistered

Hi dis is shreya i hav completed my 12 by commerce wid physical what i hav to do for fashion designg??
18th July 2013, 12:43 AM
Unregistered

i finished B.Tech IT but i lyk to become merchant is there any option is der??
12th November 2013, 09:20 PM
Unregistered

nw am in b.tech 2nd year an i want to do fashion designe so wt can do plz help me
20th November 2013, 11:47 AM
Unregistered

Any fashoin designg courses centre fr short perod in krlaa r mnglre s tr
24th December 2013, 06:18 PM
Naba1998

you should do intermediate after 10th to become a fashion designer. i am also in 10th and waiting for doing intermediate so that i do fashion designing course in degree. There is no value of diploma , degree is more important.
9th March 2014, 06:27 PM
Unregistered

I have complete my graduation in fashion designing..after that what should I do..plz plz plzz help me...Sir/Mam..its a small request for u..
16th August 2014, 01:43 PM
Unregistered

I have finished my 10th standard I what to stand fashion designing course in channie i what name of colleges
22nd January 2015, 10:42 AM
Unregistered

How to do fasation designing course? even disconnected degree.... plz tl me.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?