8th September 2016, 12:56 PM
Unregistered

How do I find myself an aim after completing B.Tech? Will IAS be good choice?

I am currently pursuing B.tech in electronics and communication engineering. I am in the third year of this course right now. And i have discovered that this is not my cup of tea. How do i find myself an aim after completing B.Tech? I am no longer wish to continue studies in this field?
Will pursuing preparations for IAS be a good choice? I have no hope and energy and enthusiasm left anymore.Please help.

8th September 2016, 10:03 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How do I find myself an aim after completing B.Tech? Will IAS be good choice?

I.A.S stands for Indian Administrative Service and to become an I.A.S Officer you requires hard and smart work.

The examination is conducted in three stages and it is necessary to qualify in each of the stages to qualify for next stage.

As, you are in third year of your B.Tech course if you will start your preparation from now with better strategy you will definitely qualify in examination. So, from today just start the preparation for examination as according to syllabus for examination available at www.upsc.gov.in.

For guidance you can take help from online tutorials and faculties of different academy.

8th September 2016, 10:46 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How do I find myself an aim after completing B.Tech? Will IAS be good choice?

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services. It comes under Civil Services of India. If you do not have interest in technical subjects then you can start your preparation for Civil Services examination from third year of engineering. Civil Services exam is the most preferred career option for most of technical and non technical candidates.

This is a exam which requires lots of hard work along with devotion and determination towards study. Patience is key to success in this exam. Bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university is the minimum academic qualification required for this exam. The minimum age required on 1st August of year of exam is 21 years and 32 years maximum for general category candidates. Three years upper age relaxation to OBC candidate and five years to SC/ST candidates.

You can start your preparation by reading NCERT books of History, Geography, Political science, Science from standard 6th to 12th. After that you can switch to standard books of these subjects. You can join coaching institute if you think you can not do self preparation for this exam.

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?